ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

First car/clio

There was a guy on here with white turbines on a red mk2. It did look really good. Gonna leave it a month or two and see.

Hiya!

Need to get them done white, Or you could of bloody bought mine!

5803702395_9ef6be0b5a_b.jpg

Looking good though, its properly getting there now. More lows?

Clio 1.2 mk2
Hiya!

Need to get them done white, Or you could of bloody bought mine!

Were you selling just the wheels or the whole car?

Hiya!

Looking good though, its properly getting there now. More lows?

Yup getting some coils as soon as i get payed, just out of curiosity will most ph2 non sport coils fit ph1?

Looks good :) did you do the bumpers yourself? If so how many rattle cans did you use to do it all as I still need to get mine done :rasp: finish looks really good too, all the halfords stuff?

Like the turbines, just need he door handles in red and the boot surround, dynamique spoiler and PH2 lights :)

Yehh I did the bumper my self, used a tiny bit of grey primer maybe a 1/4 of a can. About 1.5 small cans of the red ( I used more than necessary cus I didn't want to get too close and ruin it) and about 1/4 can of clear lacquer. It was all Halfords stuff.

The handles and boot release will go red and the fogs and 172 lights are going in soon (maybe tomorrow) spoiler will have to wait and I think i'm gonna stick with ph1 lights cus they are almost solid red and kinda match the paint. :D

Ohh and thanks to both of you!

Jap Box
Got the other bumper done yet? Waiting for you to finish yours off before I do mine so I can decide on how it looks :rasp:

Clio 1.2 mk2
New front tyres on, really need to get the rears done now as it's a bit drifty now the fronts have loads of grip and none at the rear.

They are avon somthings haha

IMG_1518.gif

IMG_1517.gif

IMG_1516.gif

Jap Box
Not yet mate it keeps raining. Got some new tyres today tho will add a pic or two later.

Ah bummer, same here really, had nice weather the other day but I forgot I had no primer left :rasp: when I got back it was raining.

I had a flat yesterday and had to put my spare on, thankfully I didnt remove it the day before to replace it with some tyre weld as its actually come in handy :) one new tyre on the front today though at a nice £49 fitted, balance and the tracking too ;) posted some updates in my thread earlier and might put some more up tonight :)

Clio 1.2 mk2
Ahh sweet i'll have a look mate. These were £65 a tyre fitted, worth it tho gonna get the same for the rear soon :D

Clio 1.2 mk2
That looks mint mate :D You seem to love your speedlines :p also was it a pain with brake dust on white wheels? Thinking of getting them powder coated but need refurbing first.

Clio 1.2 mk2
Got some mint condition 172 headlights and HID's off DannyR (thanks) And decided I would fit them and my fog lights. I think it looks much better now really sets the car off. Had a few issues finding which cables to cut and to put where but all got sorted in the end (more me being stupid than it being hard).

IMG_1563.gif

IMG_1564.gif

IMG_1565.gif

IMG_1566.gif

IMG_1568.gif

IMG_1569.gif

IMG_1570.gif

IMG_1571.gif

IMG_1579.gif

IMG_1580.gif

IMG_1581.gif

IMG_1582.gif

IMG_1583.gif

Comments welcome!

Stu.

ClioSport Club Member
  lots of clios.
Big improvement! needs some more lows next ;)

That looks mint mate :D You seem to love your speedlines :p also was it a pain with brake dust on white wheels? Thinking of getting them powder coated but need refurbing first.

And yeah just a bit haha, White wheels are a PITA! have white wheels on my 172 also, stay white for about 5 mins tbh lol

Clio 1.2 mk2
Big improvement! needs some more lows next ;)

And yeah just a bit haha, White wheels are a PITA! have white wheels on my 172 also, stay white for about 5 mins tbh lol

Thanks mate, how did you open your boot? there seems to be no handle? haha

Clio 1.2 mk2
Started the day badly as Alex's car got smashed into at fairly high speed. Luckily we are pretty good with the old Tcut.

IMG_1597.gif

IMG_1598.gif

A few hours later and some elbow grease!

IMG_1608.gif

IMG_1610.gif

While we were at Robbo's unit thought I would get some new pics.

IMG_1599.gif

IMG_1600.gif

IMG_1601.gif

IMG_1602.gif

IMG_1603.gif

IMG_1604.gif

Also got my Dark Anthracite and Satin Black bullets off Simon @ sprayshack. They look awesome and can't wait to get the side strips so I can get them on the car!

IMG_1612.gif

Mint finish

IMG_1614.gif

Heez

ClioSport Club Member
  Superleggera'd Bean
THAT DOOR!!

Please tell me it's a different door and not been knocked out! If it's been knocked out, good effort!

Clio 1.2 mk2
THAT DOOR!!

Please tell me it's a different door and not been knocked out! If it's been knocked out, good effort!

Yehh luckily we had a spare door, and some paint. Just had to swap the lock's glass and winder over to the new door.

3 series, 172 Cup
Was gonna say exactly the same thing! Nice effort on the car looks awesome! Actually loved the idea you had for the steelies, considering it myself haha

Clio 1.2 mk2
Some small updates today, got the mirror surrounds back to black as it was too much red. Also got the Boot release surround red instead of white.

IMG_1620.gif

IMG_1622.gif

IMG_1625.gif

IMG_1626.gif

IMG_1628.gif

Also got my spoiler off paulio78 (thanks) and my Ph2 rear lights off DMH-01 (thanks) the spoiler got wrapped up again straight away and is getting sent off to Spray shack with my badges to get them sprayed Dark Anthracite to match my new bullets :)

IMG_1629.gif

IMG_1630.gif

The car looks all sad now without the badges on haha

IMG_1632.gif

And one more photo just because there is already like a million haha.

IMG_1633.gif

Any comments or ideas welcome :)

Jap Box
Looks good :) are you doing the spoiler in red or arancite(or whatever :p)

Just get the rear bumper colour coded and it will look great :)

Clio 1.2 mk2
Looks good :) are you doing the spoiler in red or arancite(or whatever :p)

Just get the rear bumper colour coded and it will look great :)

Thanks, getting the spoiler done in anthracite and then colour coding the rear bumper and adding ph2 rear lights.

Clio 1.2 mk2
Spoiler and badges are complete...

IMG_0162.gif

IMG_0163.gif

IMG_0161.gif

Will be putting them on the car as soon as they arrive back to me.
Massive thanks to Simon @ Sprayshack awesome finish :D

Clio 1.2 mk2
Loving the progress of this project! Got your self a very tidy clio :) Keep it up!

great progress thread mate, has come along very nicely :) cant wait till its finished :)

Thanks, I can't wait either. Could be a while to get it exactly how I want it. But should be looking good after tomorrow if all my parts come :D

Got these sidestrips in Titanium silver through today (thanks to Sirdave and budgie) Not sure wether to keep silver or paint red to match the car yet. Silver might match the wheels but may be too many colours on the car. I'll see how it looks tomorrow before I decide.

IMG_1644.gif

IMG_1645.gif

IMG_1646.gif

Also when parked at my mates house just had to get a photo. Don't know if it's anyone on here.

IMG_1642.gif

Clio 1.2 mk2
Had a busy day today. Got a lot done tho :D

Tried the titanium silver side strips just to see, but they didn't suit so out came the rattle cans.

IMG_1649.gif

IMG_1650.gif

IMG_1666.gif

The sprayed bullets from spray shack.
IMG_1667.gif

On the car
IMG_1668.gif

IMG_1670.gif

IMG_1671.gif

IMG_1669.gif

The badges, diamond and rear lights were put on. Again the work of Sprayshack

IMG_1651.gif

IMG_1652.gif

IMG_1653.gif

IMG_1654.gif

IMG_1655.gif

And then finally the spoiler on, same colour as the bullets and badges.

IMG_1657.gif

IMG_1659.gif

IMG_1661.gif

IMG_1663.gif

IMG_1664.gif

IMG_1665.gif

Sorry about the amount of pics. I'm well chuffed on how it looks. I will be giving the car a good clean on monday and probably colour coding the rear bumper when I get chance. Opinions and ideas welcome.

Jap Box
Looks nice :) getting a rear wiper anytime though? :p

How did yuo get the fogs to work too by the way? Relays and a switch?

Clio 1.2 mk2
i dont get why the spoiler isnt red ? looks good other than that though. keep it up!

I just liked the colour that the bullets were and thought might look good.

Looks nice :) getting a rear wiper anytime though? :p

How did yuo get the fogs to work too by the way? Relays and a switch?

Thanks mate, yehh new wiper blade soon and new aerial (anyone know a good small one) and I spliced the main beam and used that. Doesn't benefit me in the fog but as I don't use the main beam unless there is no one around it doesn't annoy anyone either.

SQ5
You should have the actual plug to plug the fog light loom into under the passenger headlight in your bumper. Do you want a loom and the stalk for front fogs?

Jap Box

I just liked the colour that the bullets were and thought might look good.

Thanks mate, yehh new wiper blade soon and new aerial (anyone know a good small one) and I spliced the main beam and used that. Doesn't benefit me in the fog but as I don't use the main beam unless there is no one around it doesn't annoy anyone either.

Nice :) if it wasnt for the weather id have mine colour coded by now too! Havent been able to clean it for 2 weeks because its always bee raining :(

As for the aerial ive got no idea, need a new one myself too as a carwash snapped it in the middle so ive had to cover it in electrical tape.

Clio 1.2 mk2
Thanks, Tiny update today and a bigger one coming in a week or so.

Basically Re-wippered and removed the sticker from the boot.

IMG_1699.gif