ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

first clio

clio 1.2 (182 rep)
hi everyone
this is my first clio, but have had other french cars in the past e.g saxo, pug
decided as a friend of mine was selling this one so cheap i would go get it,
so this is how she looked when i picked her up...
clio joel.jpg

not a bad looker tbh and at 400 pound i cant complain..

plans.
fit new carpet as old one had holes and fag burns.
mop paintwork.
182 kit
paint door handles
refurb wheels
replace fog lights, and wing
hopefully coming to pfc end of season expo.

Listerine & Poledo
182 bodykit is a lot more than just slapping on new wings too, you may want to consider not doing that.
Indeed, just run that one until you think you're in a position to run an actual 182 instead, maybe? Insurance could bite you on the ass if you start doing obvious modifications.

Still, welcome along, enjoy it!

clio 1.2 (182 rep)
cheers for the response, yeah was thinking its gonna be a ball ache to change it all over so will be cheaper to get a 1*2.
is there much difference between the 182 and 172 ?

Listerine & Poledo
a different exhaust and about 8hp.

OK, there are some trim details as well, but, mostly, a different exhaust :)

2014 Clio 200t edc
Welcome mate.
In honesty I'd enjoy the car for the time being, and save for a 172 or 182.
However the other side of me says yes go for a 172 bumper, being pearl black you should be able to get bumpers etc in your colour. Many people have fitted the front bumper without the wings and skirts etc but there is a bit of work to it. That way you don't need the wider track which makes it a bit easier.
It's your car at the end of the day and as long as everything is declared and you can do it and afford it, why not! It looks nice as it is so with the 172 bumpers front and back it would look even nicer.
Sometimes on here I'm sure people have forgotten what it was like when insurance wasn't cheap for a 172 or 182! I sure do!!