ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

First Pics - Clio Trophy

Status
Not open for further replies.

dk

911 GTS Cab

Quote: Originally posted by W3eeb on 21 April 2005

i hate to say this... but i quite like the "trophy" stickers on the side skirts... Oh god that sounds chav...!!! someone save me....
i hadnt even noticed them

Quote: Originally posted by Mack on 21 April 2005

What happened to the Clio Turbo everyone was talking about, just a rumour?
there never was going to be one, jeremy said that a while back

Ziel Nurburgring

Quote: Originally posted by lagerlout1 on 21 April 2005

Eh? Youve lost me. Ive been up since 5.:sick:

[Edited by lagerlout1 on 21 April 2005 at 9:47am]

@ Blink172. GR got in the way!
Like the megane trophy, isnt this a ltd production run of 500 cars?

Just like the williams was, until they released 2 other versions and a few thousand more cars. Thats what the word limited means to renault

Clio 197

Im more interested in the suspension tweaks....

Perhaps the tweaks are due to a new offset?

Yellow would have been gorgeous!

Mk2 172 (Silver)

Quote: Originally posted by Dansta on 21 April 2005

such a dissapointment visually...

they shjouldve just released that yellow one we saw over a year back.
but theres already a yellow 182. so if the trophy was to be yellow what would make it so exclusive youd want to buy one, when you can get the same, but with toys for less money, minus a numbered plaque lol.

i really like it. :D (bar the loss of the xenons lol).

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member

I think if they had matched up the Meggy Trophy appearance with the Clio Trophy, it would have been great to look at. That silvery colour with dark alloys looked good. Why on earth they didnt do the same to the Clio is a little strange....

D.

wouldve been mad in a dark grey colour like some of the cup racers....

Renault should read these forums and take note of what the buyers want!!

Ziel Nurburgring

Or plain white (honda championship white), and anthracite/back alloys. That would look the nuts

The Jinx

Quote: Originally posted by lagerlout1 on 21 April 2005
Quote: Originally posted by fUbAr on 21 April 2005lol, good old Renault... theyre clearly releasing this car to get rid of the old chassis and parts, and expect us all to fall for it and buy loads.The sad thing is... people will buy it, so well done Renault![/QUOTE]If its good, what does the reason it was made matter?? Look at the williams... that was a parts bin special and a marketing exercise. The fact that it also happens to be one of the best front drivers ever overshadows the real reason it was manufactured.Odds are it will be the fastest best handling RS to date. Gets my thumbs up. Just dont like the colours

I actually thought ithe willy was made because they needed to produce acertain number under homologation rules so they could goo rallying. Hardly a parts bin special. And they made them for 4years, not an end of the line-weve got some bits left over that need clearing-special.

I think it looks gash but I reserve judgement til Ive seen it in the metal as that could be inferno and I like inferno.

Yaris Hybrid

Quote: Originally posted by Sport182 on 21 April 2005

Do you think they will sell the wheels on there own?!
My thoughts exactly. The first thing I am doing is ordering a set.

Golf Mk6 Oil Burner

They should have those head washer blanking plugs as an option !

I like em! especially considering they wont fecking leak !!!!!!!!

dk

911 GTS Cab

Quote: Originally posted by mauricewt on 21 April 2005

unfortunately its a legal requirement for xenons to have the washers, what would be nice is if they were like the mini where they are hidden from view until used when the pop up. I dont like the non-body coloured ones though, they should do the ones like the 172 cup.

Golf Mk6 Oil Burner

Quote: Originally posted by dave182 on 21 April 2005

Quote: Originally posted by mauricewt on 21 April 2005

unfortunately its a legal requirement for xenons to have the washers, what would be nice is if they were like the mini where they are hidden from view until used when the pop up. I dont like the non-body coloured ones though, they should do the ones like the 172 cup.
which is a bit silly considering half the time they dont work coz there is no water in the tank because it has all leaked out ! (BTW - cant be arsed taking it back for them to NOT fix the problem again) .

Ang

Pink/Blue 182

Quote: Originally posted by blink172 on 21 April 2005

Or plain white (honda championship white), and anthracite/back alloys. That would look the nuts
:confused:....different.......

dk

911 GTS Cab

Quote: Originally posted by paddymph on 21 April 2005

what a shame, looks pointless to me. theyre all too similar.
how can you say thats too similar with a new paint job, new wheels (colour design combination) and recaros with better suspension. Theres not a lot more they could have done with it, its still the same car. I think they are quite big changes, they couldnt do anything with the engine as that will harm the sales of the new renaultsport when it is released next year.

320d M Sport

colour is basically variant of inferno, which in turn is variant of flame red.

wheels are just dark cup alloys.

Recaros are now a 182 option anyway.

i agree with the other guy who says the yellow one with 5 spokes + megane-esque bumper was better. Even a plain white one would look awesome. jsut seems a real shame they didnt go wild on it - and by that i mean exterior.

I cant say Im suprised though, typical Reno.......so near and yet so far......

Do you all have special monitors? That colour (be it a genuine photo or not) is about as much like Inferno, as silver is to white i.e. its nothing like it!

What is the validity of the photos as a matter of ineterest? Whats the story behind them? To be honest it looks like a photoshop of a 172 Cup. Im only asking...not saying theyre fake or anything

dk

911 GTS Cab

Quote: Originally posted by Roy Munson on 21 April 2005

Do you all have special monitors? That colour (be it a genuine photo or not) is about as much like Inferno, as silver is to white i.e. its nothing like it!

What is the validity of the photos as a matter of ineterest? Whats the story behind them? To be honest it looks like a photoshop of a 172 Cup. Im only asking...not saying theyre fake or anything
now you are being silly, your avatar is supposed to be inferno but it looks nothing like it, its like racing blue, it doesnt photograph well, although you are right, its not inferno anyway.

Dave wtf are you on about dude? My avatar is besides the point. I was simply stating that that colour looks absolutely nothing like Inferno. And I think I know what Inferno looks like cos I drive mine every day. I also know that my camera makes it look pretty much exactly like it does in real life (in any given light) That is to say, if I was to post a picture here of my Clio, it would pretty much as it did to my eyes when the shot was taken (on my monitor at least)

I dont get what you mean by "being silly"? It looks nothing like Inferno, and it isnt Inferno. Thats all I was saying really.

dk

911 GTS Cab

Oi Oi Oi!:p

Dont get ya knickers in a twist mate, was simply saying that that colour mis closer to inferno than it is any other colour available so it cant be nothing like it as you put it. Have you seen pics of racing blue on the foum, well they are far from what racing blue looks in the flesh (and as I drive one everyday I know what it looks like;)) but both racing and inferno do not photograph well and there are so many variations on colour due to different cameras that the colour above, could easily be inferno on some cameras, I have seem pics on here that are similar.

Peace dude, calm down, its only a forum:p

Im totally peaced out mate, dont worry about me :p

Inferno is not like Racing Blue at all. It does photograph well. It just looks dramatically different in different lights, granted, but in my experience it comes out on film just as it did to the naked eye when the photo was taken. I think I might know this, since I own an Inferno Cup and a camera :p

I dont know of any mobile phones, let alone proper cameras that could capture Inferno so badly. Therefore Im right and youre wrong :eek: It looks nothing like Inferno, and as weve already agreed, it isnt.

LOL all joking aside though - the images dont mean a whole lot. The colour isnt a known colour at all. Its not running on 17" rims, and the Trophy badge is in a place where it would be worn off within weeks. Surely Im not the only person here wondering about the validity of the shots? Even the wheel colour looks shopped to me.

Hell, if they are genuine then 100% fair play - it means I wont lose any sleep about owning one ;) Im more curious to understand why everyone automatically accepts that as being the new upcoming Trophy? Seems a bit naive to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.