ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

First pics of the new steed (type r content)

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
One thing i will say, the gearbox is simply exceptional. This and the gearbox from the Fiesta ST are the two that really stick out in my mind!

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Car is nice mate. I have some Zaino Z5 with your name on it. It has uv protection... You'll need it.

Really like them though. Pretty reliable also.

Was going to ask what to use. How much monies do I need?

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Looks great Dan, does it feel much quicker than the Clio?

Whats the frsu?

Basicslly a fast road set up. Mine had sort of been done but not a full one, it's got camber bolts etc. I was waiting for someone to ask what's quicker, I've no idea they do things differently. Personally it's how comfortable you feel driving quick, I feel comfortable lol, that and I really don't care

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
One thing i will say, the gearbox is simply exceptional. This and the gearbox from the Fiesta ST are the two that really stick out in my mind!

Totally agree mate. That Civic box/engine combo is simply epic. S2000 is probably the best combo i've ever used, I could take or leave the car though.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
I love and hate the S2000, they dont strike me as something i would ever buy but appreciate when i do see them.

You have to have balls like coconut's to drive them in anything but dry terrain, that i do know!

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
I've not driven an s2000 but a mates dad who's driven millions of cars being a mechanic etc says its the best car he's driven

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
So is this one the facelift model? I can never tell the difference.

I've read a few people mentioning switching the steering rack to one from a Dc5, is this only the case with the pre facelift?

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
Looks really nice. I toyed with getting one of these before the ph1, never actually driven one, the do sound nice on vtec with a gruppe m or similar induction set up. Good purchase though mate

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Not sure on the latter mate but the steering is more than fine. And yeah facelift, think the pre's were upto 53

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Looks really nice. I toyed with getting one of these before the ph1, never actually driven one, the do sound nice on vtec with a gruppe m or similar induction set up. Good purchase though mate

I suggest trying one. The cons aparantly were lack of steering feel and you have to rag it to death to get anywhere. Steering is great and in sixth pulling from twenty is no issues. Yeah If you want to go quick drop a couple of gears which isn't an issue and tbf it seems to thrive on it. The brakes on the other hand are absolute w**k, in fact not even that good

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
I found VTEC was very similar in ways to the 1*2 engine with regards to revving.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Mmm yeah I'd kind of agree. Thing I have noticed is that it revs quicker, the Clio more lazy if that makes sense?

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Yeah, at times I bloody miss VTEC. Certainly don't miss the mpg when ragging it though, lol.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Can't say I've noticed, yet!!. Thing is I drive like miss daisy most the time and do circa 6k a year so mpg isn't a great issue. Like I was saying to a mate of mine it doesn't feel like its going to blow up when I drive it hard, the Clio never did but there was allways a doubt being French lol. The Clio is def more chuck able but the civic IMO feels more planted.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Mine was a B18, never driven a K20, I think the mpg is a bit better with your engine.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Allways fancied a uk one but never got round to it. Today's money for a nice one is more than I paid for mine. Second car garaged etc it would be great. Can't afford a second car and haven't got a garage lol

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
A well maintained one is great. I regret not searching harder though as mine turned out to be a shed. When it worked it was a great car and sounded nuts with induction kit & spoon N1 with decat.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Which brings me to my next question, induction kits. Which one? I've heard the aem one is great for gains, noise and value for money?

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Which brings me to my next question, induction kits. Which one? I've heard the aem one is great for gains, noise and value for money?

For yours I've heard nothing but good things about the groupe (sp) M induction setup.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Thinking about it nor am I. Great card though. There's a guy by me who's got one and it looks mint. He also looks like a candidate for advertising them when they first came out. You know that cool older guy lol

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Don't quote me, but i'd love to be corrected.

I'm literally just about to look out the old 'Evo' front wheel drive edition.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
I saw a black and a red one parked up one day....just didn't look right! CW or nothing imo (with Dc2s).