ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

First pics with DSLR!

Thought i'd give this evening a go to see if I could take some decent snaps, I think they came out pretty good for my first attempt!

It's a little dirty so doesn't reflect as well as it should, but I'd say it came out pretty well considering it's not been washed for 2+ weeks.

Got my 550D last week and this 50-250mm lens today!

7211496088_43a5cee5e2.jpg

Renaultsport Clio by add1ct3dd, on Flickr

7211496922_50dc6a75fe.jpg

Renaultsport Clio by add1ct3dd, on Flickr

And a random one I like, probably not to people's taste (As it's not a car)!

7211494358_abcfff9077.jpg

One Tree Hill by add1ct3dd, on Flickr

They were all with a EF-S55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS :)

I've also borrowed a 75-300mm and a 50mm 1.8 from a friend at work, should be getting a 50mm soon and that's my lens collection complete!

should be getting a 50mm soon and that's my lens collection complete!

LOL, I love your optimism. Your lens collection will never be complete, ever.

Some cracking shots for a first go, though. The shot without the car is superb, just need to straighten the horizon on it.

An orange one
Nice camera, what's the retail on one of those?? ;)

Seriously though, I'd be so tempted to get a DSLR but I'm a complete noob with cameras so wouldn't scratch the surface of what they can achieve lol

Inferno 225 cup
Cracking pics mate. I bought a 450d a month or so ago and still getting use to it.

The best picture I took was of my son and I smile everytime I see it.

How much was the lenses bud

LOL, I love your optimism. Your lens collection will never be complete, ever.

Some cracking shots for a first go, though. The shot without the car is superb, just need to straighten the horizon on it.

Of course :p

These should be perfect "starter/intermediate" lenses at least, and hopefully last me a good while!

Nice camera, what's the retail on one of those?? ;)

Seriously though, I'd be so tempted to get a DSLR but I'm a complete noob with cameras so wouldn't scratch the surface of what they can achieve lol

Just shy of £700 for the camera & the three lenses I'll have/got, not cheap but totally worth it if you're interested in it!

Cracking pics mate. I bought a 450d a month or so ago and still getting use to it.

The best picture I took was of my son and I smile everytime I see it.

How much was the lenses bud

£500 for the 550d with 18-55m, £120 for the new 50-250mm and £50 for a second hand 50mm lens :)

Inferno 182 & Saxo
Where were the shots taken? and fancy getting some shots of mine, my camera is a bag of w**k!

nice one Matt. we convoying from Worcester again to CSS this year?

Yep :) there seems to be a few more around this area too so hopefully we'll have a bigger convoy going too! :)

Hope all is well!

i also just got new dslr camera and how do you work it i ask. but found this featureView attachment 78032

I've been spending time on the TalkPhotography forums it's quite a good place to learn, but I've found the best way is to just take picture and experiment, these were taken with Aperture Priority so it wasn't completely manual, but from this I've learnt what sort of ISO and Exposure are needed in these conditions for the Aperture I wanted!

What is that feature by the way? I've pretty much left the camera settings by default, I think the only thing I changed was to shoot in RAW so if I wanted to do HDR and post-processing it's a lot easier to (these are straight from the camera and have only been converted to JPG).

Where were the shots taken? and fancy getting some shots of mine, my camera is a bag of w**k!

Just off J7 of the M5 on the way to Pershore :)

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Great shots for your first time mate. Love the colours.

clio 172 cup/mk1 xr2
its called partial colour can be red, blue, green, or yellow that the camera picks up will be in the aperture setting. good luck with the photography

very nice! also make sure you buy a 50mm lens! you'll love the depth of field you get with 1.4/1.2 aperture. :)

This is my next lens!

Once I've got the "nifty fifty" (I'm currently borrowing one from a friend at work), that'll be my lens purchases complete for a while :D I would like a macro lens but probably wouldn't use it enough to warrant it!

Realistically I need a decent tripod, a better case (got one that was free when I got my 550d), a flash/light for light trails, some decent filters then I think I'll be good to go :D