ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

First Post, First Car, First Project. What could go wrong eh? (mk2 1.2 16v)

You cheap f**k

ajuse3ep.jpg

It's even out of a multipack ;)

Clio MK3
Just a browse through the thread, real nice car Espcially for a first one too! :) you have made some great progress with it! Seeing as this is your first car I hope you don't mind me asking but how much is your insurence charging you for the mods such as lowering (if you are declaring) and who are you with? I'm 17 and with privilege (cheapest at the time) and they don't allow mods for under 25's iirc :(

Just a browse through the thread, real nice car Espcially for a first one too! :) you have made some great progress with it! Seeing as this is your first car I hope you don't mind me asking but how much is your insurence charging you for the mods such as lowering (if you are declaring) and who are you with? I'm 17 and with privilege (cheapest at the time) and they don't allow mods for under 25's iirc :(

Cheers mate really appreciated :)

Im with Aviva and I pay about £200 for lowering springs & alloys. Im 21 and my renewal came back at just over £1000 this year with 1 years NC. I will be changing from Aviva before next renewal though as they wont insure anything over 140bhp untill im 25, and I plan on getting a Renaultsport end of the year/early next. Hope that helps!

Im with Aviva and I pay about £200 for lowering springs & alloys. Im 21 and my renewal came back at just over £1000 this year with 1 years NC. I will be changing from Aviva before next renewal though as they wont insure anything over 140bhp untill im 25, and I plan on getting a Renaultsport and not some jap crap or a vag that I was stupidly thinking about before unless it's a scooby end of the year/early next. Hope that helps!

Fair play :)

Clio MK3

Im with Aviva and I pay about £200 for lowering springs & alloys. Im 21 and my renewal came back at just over £1000 this year with 1 years NC. I will be changing from Aviva before next renewal though as they wont insure anything over 140bhp untill im 25, and I plan on getting a Renaultsport end of the year/early next. Hope that helps!

That's just the information I was after, not a bad price at all! Lowering springs are a much needed mod IMO, completely changes the look of the car :) fair enough, I'm hoping to keep my 1.4 until I'm 19 with 2 years NCB and get on the sport ownership too :) What Reanult sports are you looking at, 182's I'm going to guess? :) Thanks for replying with the information mate!

That's just the information I was after, not a bad price at all! Lowering springs are a much needed mod IMO, completely changes the look of the car :) fair enough, I'm hoping to keep my 1.4 until I'm 19 with 2 years NCB and get on the sport ownership too :) What Reanult sports are you looking at, 182's I'm going to guess? :) Thanks for replying with the information mate!

Deffo mate :) sounds good! I was actually looking at Meg R26's haha :eek: No worries mate, anything else just ask!

Just a small update, lots of prepping for FCS!

Recently got myself a DA & bits, gonna learn correction etc :)

NEINIHX.jpg

Got a slight war-wound! Looking into a local sprayshop to get my rubstrip resprayed aswell as my door strips.

gK2GWha.jpg

WWEF3Du.jpg

and finally, new Dogbone to fit! Hopefully will solve the shaking issues i've been having.

bXxKPVb.jpg

Roll on FCS! Cant wait :)

Tbtr3Rw.jpg

Clio mk3
Just a small update, lots of prepping for FCS!

Recently got myself a DA & bits, gonna learn correction etc :)

NEINIHX.jpg

Got a slight war-wound! Looking into a local sprayshop to get my rubstrip resprayed aswell as my door strips.

gK2GWha.jpg

WWEF3Du.jpg

and finally, new Dogbone to fit! Hopefully will solve the shaking issues i've been having.

bXxKPVb.jpg

Roll on FCS! Cant wait :)

Tbtr3Rw.jpg

What's it like using the machine polish? My old man has a industrial one I'm gonna use on the weekend but have no idea how to use it hahaha!

Spent the day with @Darius doing some bits to the car, went to a place in Cov where you can rent a lift! Very handy, will be using them in the future :)
New fabia splitter & dogbone fitted!

B6aVnbu.jpg

eu2GvXJ.jpg

Dogbone has solved afew issues I was having with kangarooing etc in lower gears & during gearchanges.

Then off to KFC and back to darius' for a quick car clean before the rain came in, had to run out to buy a new pressure washer half way through as his broke :rasp:

U7pDsLy.jpg

C3ZffI0.jpg

The finally afew phone shots before I headed home in the maelstrom that was the M42...

wNJeLrO.jpg

KRUTwUY.jpg

2F2uLmY.jpg

All in all a good day, nearly got everything sorted for FCS. Just waiting on afew bits & a free day to get the DA out and all will be good!

Sounds like a smart plan, 172 or 182?

Port all of your mods over like steering wheel, springs and wheels and it'll be a very smart looking sport!

either a FF182, Trophy, or a nice PH1 172 :)

Yeah some stuff will go over, but ill be selling the springs & wheels definitely! Gonna take a different approach with the next one i think, OEM+ style ;)

either a FF182, Trophy, or a nice PH1 172 :)

Yeah some stuff will go over, but ill be selling the springs & wheels definitely! Gonna take a different approach with the next one i think, OEM+ style ;)

Sounds great :) I've really taken liking to the ph1 172s recently, a ph2 rear bumper and side strips top them off

It'll defo need lowering tho!

Can't wait to see what you choose tho mate

Sounds great :) I've really taken liking to the ph1 172s recently, a ph2 rear bumper and side strips top them off

It'll defo need lowering tho!

Can't wait to see what you choose tho mate
Same! A flamer ph1 would be mint :D

Ofcourse ;)

Cheers mate, got many more plans for yours?