ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

First real pics of car!

Clio 172
Been a member on here a while now thought i'd upload a few pics of the old girl. I bought it nearly 6 months ago now. I had to spend some money on it but i knew that as i bought it for £2800, like they say they are cheap for a reason! If anyone has a pipercross bracket pm me, just ignore the cable ties :p

So far my list of repairs and mods goes something like this:

Cambelt, aux belt changed
K-tec Front discs & Fast road pads
Secured both driveshaft outter gaitors as they were loosing grease
New battery
Pipercross filter (which was free!)
coolant and brake fluid change
2 New toyo proxies on the front
Bonnet catch from renault :)
Wing mirror temp sensor
Clear indicators
Engine bay clean up
New number plate light unit as it was green inside :dead:

a few more but i cant remember

Picture from the advert
1stpic.gif

cambelt in progress
DSC00274.gif

K-tecs fitted
P1020291.jpg

Engine bay kinda clean
P1020292.jpg

Car as it is now
P1020293.gif

Clio 172
Thanks for the comments, just need to get some polish on the paint work now as thats the next thing on my list for summer :)

Clio 172
the bottom picture was the most recent from yesterday where it got its first decent wash in 6 months lol

GW 200T
Looks nice just what im after, but my edvice lose the open induction mate as ull be loseing powere due to the filter sucking in hot air

Clio 172
Looks nice just what im after, but my edvice lose the open induction mate as ull be loseing powere due to the filter sucking in hot air

yeah its only on there as i got it for free and i haven't got money to spunk on a decent one at the minute.

Clio 172
Looks well, what are the brakes like compared to standards? :)

Tons better, my discs were badly corroded anyway so i thought i'd buy some decent ones. I did a brake fluid change at the same time and i think that made a massive difference to

nothing wrong with an open cone filter...i got one on mine and it has not lost any power at all :)

I havent lost any power, feels more responsive just a bit loud so im in 2 minds to keep it or go back to standard

Black 197
Powetec filter is loud... Got one on my 182 and i like the grunt it gives, Didnt notice anypower loss though as others say..

Clio 172
Powetec filter is loud... Got one on my 182 and i like the grunt it gives, Didnt notice anypower loss though as others say..

yeah powertec i think is definately one of the loudest induction kits i've heard. I do like the noise though, just not early in the morning :)

Insignia SRi
Iv got a powertec on my 172 and it does sound nice but not as much pick up before 5000 rpm compared to a decent panel filter so im going back to the standard airbox and ITG at the weekend!