ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fitted PiperX Viper.

Wow sounds so good lol. Performance wise, I think theres a slight increase in low down torque. VVT kick more noticable , maybe because of sudden noise increase But I think its running a little lean top end, cause its starts shooting up the rev range then feels a little stangled. So needs a chip to sort out the fueling. Will report back on Wednesday when I get my superchip fitted and then rolling roaded straight after.

Chun.

ICE'dberg MK2 172

Chun
Where did you run the cold air feed pipe too? Still not sure on fitting mine though as funds wont run to getting the fueling sorted if it needs it.
Cant you get it roaded before and after the chip as it might not be needed. Are there any dangers to the engine if the fueling is lean.

Have you got the fitting instructions still? if so what is the product code on yours? as my instructions are for an induction kit!!

Interested to hear your results.

Chris

My instructions where for a normal induction kit as well, so dont worry m8. Like any man I chucked away the instructions straight away hehe. Thing is m8 my cars the Mk1 so I had the vent below the headlight. Although it was blocked with some plastic that holds up the headlight. Heres what I and my friend did.

1. Remove the old kit, but leave old cold air feeds till later.
2. Remove bumper, instructions around here somewhere cause I posted them today. I think its was under "front bumper removal mk1", but because yours is a Mk2 it might have some differences.
3. On the Mk1s theres a bolt that holds the horn and a bracket that holds the cold air feeds together. Remove bolt and pull the original cold air feeds out.
4. Now you should see more room for you to run some cold air piping, not much more tho At this point me and my friend looked at where the vent would be on the Mk1 and found plastic covering most of the vent, we thought "poo". Looked at it a bit more and found that it held the headlight up, so removing it altogether was not a option. So we decided to cut out sections that would not weaken the structure. This provided us with a nice place for the cold air feed to go.
5. Now looking into the engine bay you should see next to the headlight a metal bit with a hole in it that would just be big enough for the cold air feed to pass. I warn you its a TIGHT fir Running the cold air feed through this hole makes life a lot easier when it comes to putting the whole kit together.
6. The last step was to cable tie one end of the cold air feed, with that red scoop thingy provided with the kit, to where we made the hole , cut out lots of plastic and without weaken the structure much , underneath the headlight. Now fit the thing, making sure everythings on tight and secure.
7. I suggest reassembling the bumper before taking the car for a drive

I would stress that I will not be blamed for any mishaps, accidents, injury, death, etc etc that might happen from following my instructions As I said after fitting I noticed a little increase in low end torque and more noticable VVT kick in. It was 27 degrees today so I think its done pretty damn well consider before I fitted the kit it was 18 degrees this morning. But I think the top end seems to be leaning out a bit so I wouldnt be taking it high up till I get my chip sorted. And to answer your question, running a engine lean is bad news. I would like to add the noise is really very very good , it put a grin across me and my friends face. Maybe its not running lean, but I cant be arsed to have a before and after run cause its going to cost more money , and I was going to get the chip anyway. What Hillpower did with the Mk2 was to remove the fog lamp and run the cold air feed to that. Look in the gallery , its Arjuns car and I think it looks pretty good with the fog lamp removed. It took me and my friend about three hours to fit the kit , we took half the bolts out of the front before finding the correct ones hehe.
Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Chun.