ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fitting 182 engine into my Flame Red 172

CS Dungeon
Well, after this little escapade http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=276372 (This is what I was on about in my PM Jon :rolleyes: )
I took the engine out of the car and run it over to Ben@AWT, who confirmed it was fubar'd and wasnt worth repairing

Anyway, I have managed to pick myself up a 05 plate 182 engine and manifold on the cheap.

Will be hoping to fit it this weekend after I have spoken to AWT about changing my cambelt, water pump and aux belt kits for me

What else will I need to get this working fine in my FF 172?

What do I need for between the exhaust manifold to 172 centre exhaust section?
Will I need to get my 172 ecu remapped for the full 182 potential?
Will my FF 172 loom just plug and play?

Anything else I should be changing while the engine is out?

I think I am going to paint the engine and gearbox, whats the best paint to use? Rattle cans or brush?

Will be using 5w40 Silkolene pro S oil, how much do I need?

So anything else you can think of?

Lionel Richie
engine goes straight in, manifolds need a link pipe knocking up (just use the 172 mani TBH, flog the 182 one for £200+

use the 172 plenham though, IIRC there are a few differences (servo pipe etc)

loom is the same

do water pump, cambelt and clutch, plus the aux belt idler and tensioner

oil is 5L (maybe just over, i forget)

i used black engine enamel spray over red oxide primer, worked a treat

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Fred i don't follow...Why use the 172 Plenum? For starters it doesn't fit due to bolt spacing...:S

Megane 225
Fred i don't follow...Why use the 172 Plenum? For starters it doesn't fit due to bolt spacing...:S

It will fit, you just need to exchange the inlet into the top of the rocker cover. Although when I blew up my 172 engine I fitted a 182 engine directly. Didn't change inlet manifold. You just need a longer pipe to reach the charcoal can, but this should come with the engine.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS

It will fit, you just need to exchange the inlet into the top of the rocker cover. Although when I blew up my 172 engine I fitted a 182 engine directly. Didn't change inlet manifold. You just need a longer pipe to reach the charcoal can, but this should come with the engine.

Still not with you...inlets are the same. You'd need to change the rocker cover and plenum so that the bolts will line up... Or is this what you meant?!

Lionel Richie
its just the breather bit that needs changing IIRC, i dunno, its been so long since i've actually worked on one!

Megane 225
its just the breather bit that needs changing IIRC, i dunno, its been so long since i've actually worked on one!

Yep, just need to change the breather bit on the top of the rocker cover where the manifold sits on. But I'd just use the 182 inlet!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS

Yep, just need to change the breather bit on the top of the rocker cover where the manifold sits on. But I'd just use the 182 inlet!

Nah...I'm sure sure....the bolts don't line up regardless of the breather...Hold on i'll look for pics...

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Difference.jpg

182.jpg

172.jpg