ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fitting an LCD Monitor in a 172 - Help...

How easy is this to do ? I want to put my PS2 in the boot and hook it up to an LCD monitor mounted on the dash. Can someone who knows about these things please tell me what I need to do this and what sort of costs I am looking at.

Forget about where it is going to be mounted as I have an idea for that which is going to look superb if I can sort out the right materials.

I want to be able to removed my PS2 whenever I need it for the house so any ideas on how to mount this would be great.

I want it all to look as neat as possible of course with no visible wires if possible.

Cheers for any advice.

Dai

Lionel Richie

just installed to 5.8 headrest monitors in mine total cost = £300!!!!!!!!

plus i have the PS2 under the drivers seat and the pop out screen in the front!!!!

err all i can tell you is youre more than likely gonna need a sine wave invertor to power the PS2, you can hard wire this up to the fag lighter to hide the wires then its just a simple case of running some RCAs

only problem i can forsee is the sound, youve still gott a std head unit IIRC????

Ahhhh there you are ! I was expecting you to offer some assistance Mr Fred ! LOL !

I do still have the standard head unit yes, that is no good for running the sound off is it ?

How much are the wave inverters ? Got any links I could look at ?

PS Got any pics of the monitors in your headrests ? Would very much like to see them !

Best thing for running a ps2 in the car is getting it converted to 12v, however as you want to move it from house to car and back again as Fred says youll need an inverter, decent ones cost around £80.

As for running the sound through the standard hu, you can with a fm modulator but these dont seam to have the best quality. The better (and more expensive) option would be to get a new hu that you can get a aux-in cable for and run rca level from the ps2 to the hu.

How are you getting on with the mounting bracket for the monitor?

I need to get the monitor first before I make the bracket I think. Going to get the monitor next month when I get paid and then sort out the bracket. Want to then sort out the PS2 side of things and look at the best ways to mount that in the car.

A new head unit is not an option at this moment in time to be honest as I will then lose the CD autochanger which I do not want to do. I was hoping this was going to be a little easier but there are a few stumbling blocks I see.

Have you got any links to some decent sites for stuff like the inverters, leads, etc. ?

Quote: Originally posted by Daipac on 15 June 2004

I need to get the monitor first before I make the bracket I think. Going to get the monitor next month when I get paid and then sort out the bracket. Want to then sort out the PS2 side of things and look at the best ways to mount that in the car.

A new head unit is not an option at this moment in time to be honest as I will then lose the CD autochanger which I do not want to do. I was hoping this was going to be a little easier but there are a few stumbling blocks I see.

Have you got any links to some decent sites for stuff like the inverters, leads, etc. ?
Try http://www.maplin.co.ukwww.maplin.co.uk for all your leads/invertors.

Why not get a new mp3 headunit with line in and sell the autochanger to get a bit of money back?!

Kev.

Quote: Originally posted by Daz on 15 June 2004

Not unbless you have a 12v supply.. heh.
No good then as I use it as a DVD player in my bedroom.

Nice one Fred ! I look forward to seeing it !

You can get converters for the house tho to run 12v appliances. I used to work in the link and we had a box that plugged into the mains then had a box on it with a fag lighter socket on it, so we could test car chargers and stuff. surely you could just use any old transformer that takes it down to 12v cordless phones etc etc

WRONG

you can get the conversion packs for the ps2 which allow you to run it on 12v and 220-230v as well, have a hunt around mate, youll find them out there!

I would rather leave my PS2 in tact to be honest in case I sell it in the future. If I can do this without opening it up then that is what I would prefer to do TBH.

Mate its not a worry, if anything itll sell easier because itll be ideal for someone doing a PS2 install.... dont worry about it :-D