ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fitting Corbeau Pro Series

R29TJR

ClioSport Club Member
  2005 RB 182 Cup
Morning Chaps,

Could do with a little help.

I've recently purchased a new Corbeau Pro Series XL to replace my Club Sport (standard size). As some of you may know the sidemounts are different as the Pro Series runs M10 bolts while the Club Sports run M8. Before we start I run the seats mounted as follows: Seat > Side Mounts > Subframe. No sliders etc.

I've received the new Corbeau side mounts however once fitted to the seats the side mounts do not line up with the pre-drilled holes in my Jon Foz XL subframe, unless I'm missing something. The only option I currently see is either use the side mounts that I ran with my Club Sports, although will require the holes to be made slightly bigger.

Any help would be great.

Tom

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
I run the non XL Pro Series with the silver alloy sidemounts with the 35° mounts.

I had to drill some new holes mate.

You may need the 90° mounts with the XL being wider.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
IMG_20181110_121351.jpg

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
You can see the difference in the sidemounts here.

The 90° gives you the overall width/footprint of the setup to fit the width of the subframe.

Side-Mounts-Together.jpg

R29TJR

ClioSport Club Member
  2005 RB 182 Cup
Makes sense @JamesBryan

I'll see if I can change them over, I didn't realise until now that they did two different types, the only issues is that they'll be silver, but I can always re-paint!

Thanks.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
Makes sense @JamesBryan

I'll see if I can change them over, I didn't realise until now that they did two different types, the only issues is that they'll be silver, but I can always re-paint!

Thanks.

They do the silver alloy ones and black in steel for the 90° mounts.

Which ones have you got?

R29TJR

ClioSport Club Member
  2005 RB 182 Cup
They do the silver alloy ones and black in steel for the 90° mounts.

Which ones have you got?

I had a quick look online and it appears they only do silver unless I'm miss reading it, which I could be...

vailable in both a natural alloy finish and a black powder coated finish.

M8

• Pro Team Side Mount – Silver 35°
  • Pro Team Side Mount – Black 35°
  • Pro Team Side Mount – Silver 90°
  • Pro Team Side Mount – Silver Extended 90°
M10
  • Pro Team X Side Mount – Silver 35°
  • Pro Team X Side Mount – Black 35°
  • Pro Team X Side Mount – Silver 90°
  • Pro Team X Side Mount – Silver Extended 90°

I've email the chap who has been helping me at Corbeau, he's been really helpful so far.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
Ahh maybe me that's got it wrong then ?

My silver ones came to suit the M10 fittings in the seats, although the holes to bolt it to the subframe are still M8 ?

R29TJR

ClioSport Club Member
  2005 RB 182 Cup
Ahh maybe me that's got it wrong then ?

My silver ones came to suit the M10 fittings in the seats, although the holes to bolt it to the subframe are still M8 ?

Yeah mine are the same M10 to the seat yet M8 to the subframe.

Mertin

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172&Ph2 172 Cup
The jon foz subframes seem to have different mounting holes to others.
I ran mirco seats, OMP side mounts and OMP subframe
Changed to the jon foz subframe and the side mounts when set as far apart as possible on the subframe holes wouldnt let the seat sit between them. Had to elongatw the holes to set them apart wider

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
The jon foz subframes seem to have different mounting holes to others.
I ran mirco seats, OMP side mounts and OMP subframe
Changed to the jon foz subframe and the side mounts when set as far apart as possible on the subframe holes wouldnt let the seat sit between them. Had to elongatw the holes to set them apart wider

I'm sure Jon said they were based on the OMP bolt spacing, so that's weird how they weren't the same.

Simon1975

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 Cup/Meg R26
Any pictures of seats fitted. And James yours look stunning. How did you fit the seatbelt bracket

Sorry to jump on the back of this thread. Could anyone tell me what size bolts you're all using to attach the foz low subframes to the car?

My guess was m10 x 40mm?