ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fitting new AC radiator, keeping old hoses, how to?

Clio 172 2003
Hi there. I'll be replacing my AC condenser tomorrow with a salvage one from one of the forum members.
I've never done this so I'd like to get some tips regarding disconnecting and reconnecting the hoses correctly without messing them up or creating leaks.
It looks like the connectors just push into sockets in the rad, so before disconnecting the rad, I'll soak them in WD-40 and then wiggle them free.
Is there anything I should do to fit them in a new rad? Is the whole job easy? Also is it easy to c**k up? ;)

RichValver

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 16v/172 daily
pretty easy to do. My paperwork came free without any issues

I did a guide on rad removal/coolant hose replacement which might give you some reference

Clio 172 2003
Thanks @RichValver Sadly i had to stop before I started as the bolts that hold the bumper inside the wheel arches are just spinning in place. Also the one on the right was replaced with a bolt and nut, and bunch of stuff at the bottom is held by cable-ties rather the bolts and the engine undertray is missing. Really makes me wonder who the hell worked on this before and what other surprises I'm in for. ;)