ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fitting new Apex springs, Blue Flame zorst, and Ferrodo Premier pads tonight. Advice?

182 FF Cup options
Hi all. Im Fitting new Apex springs, Blue Flame zorst, and Ferrodo Premier pads tonight. Just wondering if anyone had some advice or tips on how to fit all of the above?
Any advice will be much appreciated.

Dan:)

Focus ST
1 hour maybe 2 for the exhaust. 1 Hour for the springs. Pads about 30 mins if you've got a decent jack.

When fitting the Blueflame, use a new clamp on the cat and centre section (otherwise it'll never fit properly). Try to get as much space as possible from the car and exhaust. It generally sits quite close, maybe a little too close.
It'll help to have a impact wrench for the spring fitting (Halfords, I think its called a Impact Wrench).

182 FF Cup options
Cheers for that, do you have a blueflame? what do you think of it as a lot of people are slating it. I just got it as renault want an arm and a leg for one. Are springs easy to fit, and why do i need a new clamp?
Thanks for your advice...

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
im not a fan of gmax myself but im sure they will do the job. im not sure why everyone loves Apex stuff on here the quality donest seem any better than gmax. Why not go for koni, H&R or Bilstein?

182 FF Cup options
im taking it across the road to BSmotorsport where they said i can use there 4 post and they will help me.I wanted a yozzaspot zorst but could not afford it as the bf was only £270 inc vat and del. I know yozzasport is better and you get what you pay for, but hay you van only get what you afford.
Dan

Gweebs said:
1 hour maybe 2 for the exhaust. 1 Hour for the springs. Pads about 30 mins if you've got a decent jack.

When fitting the Blueflame, use a new clamp on the cat and centre section (otherwise it'll never fit properly). Try to get as much space as possible from the car and exhaust. It generally sits quite close, maybe a little too close.
It'll help to have a impact wrench for the spring fitting (Halfords, I think its called a Impact Wrench).

what do you mean by a new clamp for the exhaust ? I'm sure mine is blowing again, sometimes it sounds louder than others usually when its hot for some reason ?

mitch

Clio 197
mitch said:
what do you mean by a new clamp for the exhaust ? I'm sure mine is blowing again, sometimes it sounds louder than others usually when its hot for some reason ?

mitch

There's a clamp that goes between the Cat and Centre Section.

Clamps are only about £2 or something.

The original clamp bends when you try to remove it, so it never re-fits properly.

Renault Clio 05' 1.2 16v
I got apex springs and fitted them with ma dad, quick easy job if you got all the right gear such as a decent jack and a decent set of spring compressors, hope it goes ok 4 ya m8!

182 FF Cup options
Right i have fitted the zorst and is great, nice sound but suttle as you can not hear it if you sit at constant revs. Not fitted the springs yet as we did not have enough time.

I am getting a knocking noise thogh with the zorst when it gets hot and when i reverse????? It sounds like in the middle somewhere any ideas????

Dan

car1.jpg
car2.jpg