ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fitting new h/u in mk2 ph2 clio.....

Mazda MX5 1.8
anyone got any tips?

im gonna have a go at doing it tomorrow..... never done one before really :S

got a new pioneer 1 for xmas so i was just wondering if its an easy job or not? ive read the guide on the articles but doesnt go into a lot of depth on the fitting side of things

i havent got the thingys for the stalk controls or the screen yet but just wanna get it in and working before i start off faffing around with other bits

also the wire for the amp from the battery........ where can it go through?

thank you please :)

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Its really easy tbh mate.
For just the stereo, you take the old one out with either the proper tools or a cut up old hanger and then put the new cage in and push back the tabs so its solid. Then plug in the wires and test the unit. If the station presets arent remembered when you switch it off you need to swap the red and yellow wires round on the hu loom. Then tuck the wires as far back as possible, slightly more space on the left hand side of the dash. Then just push it back into the dash, can sometimes be a bit tight on clios.

For the amp power cable the bonnet cable grommit on the left hand side is the best bet, check in the articles pages on the left hand side.

Hope that helps
John

Mazda MX5 1.8
well all went ok but ariel connector is different and dont have the adaptor so will have to pop to somewhere to get one

halfords open on boxing day?

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Usually they come in the hu box, strange. Ah well yeah you can pick them up at Halords but Maplin is probably cheaper if its just as close.

Mazda MX5 1.8
yeah we went over and got one from maplins for £1.99! bargainous!

now i just need to sort out getting the adaptors for stalk + screen