ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fitting snooper S6R Neo to 182

Lucky me, my girlfriend has just bought me a Snooper S6R Neo to go with my 182 which arrives in 3 weeks.

Has anyone fitted one of these in a 182?

The radar/laser module will be fine under the bonnet but I dont know where to mount the GPS antenna. With a heat reflective windscreen, vertical rear window and no sunroof there is nowhere obvious.

Ive considered under the plastic part of the bumper or in the wing mirror (if it has plastic wings like the cup it may even go between the wing and the liner.

Does anyone have any good suggestions as to where I can mount the ariel or are there any suggestions as to a good active GPS ariel to get the signal into the cabin.

Many thanks

Decto ..... 21 days to go

Alfa Mito 155TB

Hi I dont know how big the GPS Antanne is, but if a small square thing, have you considered putting it in the corner of the back right hand side passenger window in the corner?...only if it is small enough to fit.

Then you can easily run the cables along the right hand side of the car to the front.

look in your handbook, middle of the windscreen at the bottom is a square bit thats not been treated, supposed to be for car park sticker things that authorise you through using chip readers etc...

i noticed it once from outside the car when it was sunny.

(just noticed you aint got the car yet so no handbook doh!)

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4

yeah the square at the bottom of the windscreen allows for GPS signals to be received, its where my navigation GPS antenna sits

Thanks guys, an untreated bit of the window is ideal. At least I wont need to mess around with active ariels or complex installs.

Cheers

Decto

Mondeo ST TDci

if the 182 is like the 172, that un treated bit of the window is not a good place for this gps unit.. the wipers etc will interfere with the reception. i tried several different locations for my unit in my car.. back window was v.goo.. but best reception i found (currently installed) was in the rear drivers side window near the back.

almost full reception all the time :D basically as tubleweed said above :p

Lee

BMW M2C

Ive got the reciever for my B2 in the same place as Stuart and find I get a perfect lock very easily.

Quote: Originally posted by Decto on 18 May 2004

The radar/laser module will be fine under the bonnet but I dont know where to mount the GPS antenna.

Theres not enough space anywhere for the radar/laser mod to go under the bonnet im afraid (please prove me wrong tho as thats where id like mine) Youll have to have this on your windscreen pointing though the cut-out. The wipers may be slightly in the way tho. The GPS is best on the parcel shelf in the middle of the screen as this sticks out more than at the edges. if you look down on it from the outside youll see it has a clear view of up above.