ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fitting some Eibach springs myself. Any tips?

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
Well my Eibach Pro's have arrived so im having a go at fitting them at work tomo as i have access to ramps and air guns etc.
I've printed off the Lowering Guide in the guides section and it looks pretty straightforward.

Are there any tips or advice that people with experience of doing this can offer?

Its easy not much help just don't damage the rubber gaiters on the driveshaft at any cost.

Don't let the hub fall over and amage the inside gaiter either get a beg or brick to hold it in place.

clio 172
if you know how to do it then its easy. i lowerd my g/f`s car in 40 mins from start to finish. its easy when uve got the right tools i.e air gun

doing the rear just undo the bolts for the 2 dampers (1 either side) and with a bit of prizing out the springs will come out, put the new ones in and theres the rear done.

for the front make sure you remove the top nut first and loosen the nut underneath it before you do anything. once you have done this then remove the wheel undo the 2 bolts on the bottom ov the shock and the shock is out then clamp and remove the spring and fit your new one

Last edited:
  Saab 93 Aero Wagon
OK so muchos care not to damage gaiters. Thanks Edde.

What about alignment/tracking once done? Ive been told to get it done straight after and then i've read that i should let it settle.

Which should it be?

Milltek'd 182
Fred says a month...! lol go somewhere in the middle, although if its really bad maybe get it done sooner?! not that i know what i'm on about

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
Well im guessing that as they are only pro's and not much of a drop that it won't be too far out....but again thats me speculating.

Im not yet an expert but im in training!

Lionel Richie
do it after a month, its 100% pointless doing it straight away

it won't damage your tyres in that time anyway

Clio 182
HI All,

After watching the lack of Professionalismof the people who fitted mine. I would say have a bash youself it really is not hard, There is a guide on the internet from someone!

Out of interest I did notcie the people who did mine did not suport the hub and were moving the lower suspension arm around quite a bit to get the shock out, how would/could I tell if the rubber gaitors/driveshaft was damaged?

Sorry for Hijacking the thread slightly!
Rich :)

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
We can do but our tracking gear is in dire need of renewal.
We tend to use Guildford Tyres as they have laser tracking gear and they tend to do mine for a 5 finger discount, so i'll prob get them to do it at the weekend before the meet.

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
Awesome...EXACTLY what i was looking for.

The workshop computer sits about 6 ft away from the nearest ramp so that page will be up tomo when i come to do the job!

Cheers Fubar.:clap:

Burgandy 174 sport t
just watch the passenger side driveshaft doesnt pop out too, easy to put back in but it fires out if u let the hub fall towards you.