ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Flame Red DCi 172 Rep.

Many.
Bought this in 2011, Paid £1300, Was okay money for a Okay car, bit tatty but otherwise good, 142k miles.

Looked like this, including welsh flags on number plates (Spent its 7 years in Wrexham)
100_6627-1.jpg

100_6628-1.jpg

Two weeks, and one thousand miles later, It left me at the side of the road, due to the below
36D791BC-A9B8-480C-B152-AD2C0E80EDEE-21738-000017B26E72E2E4.jpg

Common fuel pump failure, With other cars and projects, I let this sit until Jan 2013 when I decided it was time to repair it, Replaced fuel tank, fuel lines, rail, injectors and pump, total cost roughly £1000.

But, It got it back on the road, few little bits needed for MOT and where I had borrowed parts from it, taxed (£30 :D), So got some use out of it...
BAE47C56-6C29-43C1-8D20-521CDD1BA027-36229-00002C0C596D6243.jpg

Then once I was happy with its relability, The mods came. First up I got a 3/4 height plate, silvertec bulbs and most importantly, lowered it (On s**t springs!)
null-26.jpg

Followed by 172 alloys...
null-16.jpg

null-19.jpg

Bought decent springs, so slight change in height...
100_6889.jpg

100_6890.jpg

Took a road trip (one of many in this car!) to collect this lot...
null-70.jpg

On the way down, the MPG I averaged... When I got home it was displaying 87.7mpg.
null-81.jpg

Fitted it all, Yes, I need grills, wide track, arch liners, rear bumper and side trims, but its a start.
null-82.jpg

null-73.jpg

That about brings it up to date.
Lots of other things have changed on it, Alcantara parts (Headlining next), Retrofitted aircon, upgraded audio.

Future plans are wide track (Happening the next couple of weeks), Grills, arch liners, rear bumper
1*2 Interior
Decat
Intercooler (FMIC)
Remap
Retrimmed Sport steering wheel
Short shift
Plus whatever else takes my fancy.

I know how well recieved (HA) Rep's usually are on here, but the reason for me not wanting a 2.0 is due to the fuel cost. I had a ( until crashing 7weeks ago) a motorbike for speed thrills, No car will ever come close to that, and I shall soon be back on a bike so don't see the need for a fast car!

Comments welcome.

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
I have some rear arch liners if you want them?

Love flamer reps, looks fantastic!

Many.
Picked up wide track conversion stuff, Just need polybushes, Braided lines, Caliper rebuild kit and lots of paint and elbow grease.
null-114.jpg

May notice above, I now have a lower grill :D, Just need an upper, eventually!
null-110.jpg

null-109.jpg

Its getting there, long long list still to go.

Many.
​Short shift turned up yesterday, fitted last night.

null-130.jpg

I freaking love it, bit of a PITA to fit though.

Gator will go back on, just haven't got around to it.

Ph1 track car, Dci
Nice, making good progress,currently doing the same as you. Sport DCIs are the way forward.

Many.
Nice, making good progress,currently doing the same as you. Sport DCIs are the way forward.

Cheers dude

Nice rep. Mind you'll need track rods

I replaced the entire track rod inc end recently, should be able to wind them out without issue.

really want a dci! this is coming along mate!!

Cheers dude.

Wasn't going to bother posting this, but cleaned it this morning.
null.jpg

I can't wait to get the wide track stuff on, I'm just waiting for polybushes and braided hoses, Should be here monday, Planning to remove all the old stuff Tuesday night.

Also sorted out some new stuff, watch this space.

Many.
Big update.

Yesterday my polybush kit turned up
null-4.jpg

Welded in the sleeves (filled insides after)
null-3.jpg

Braided lines also came, Went for these due to the stainless ends.
null-2.jpg

Planned to get the old front end setup off tonight, and refit the new one tomorow, insted I got carried away, and nearly finished it tonight.

So, started by getting front bumper off, bit more room plus protects it.
null-5.jpg

Then wheels off, calipers dismounted, shocks unbolted and shafts popped out the gearbox.
null-7.jpg

As if by magic, the subframe was off. This was a complete tard, out of the 4 main bolts holding it to the body, three, the peices of tin holding the nut in the chassis broke, meaning I had to f**k about getting a socket & spanner in there.
null-8.jpg

null-9.jpg

null-10.jpg

At this point, I noticed I'm glad I didn't order the steering rack bushes from Renault... There isn't any!
null-11.jpg

New meets old, swapping rack.
null-12.jpg

New one going on, lower arm on, hub, driveshaft, motoring along.
null-13.jpg

null-14.jpg

Brakes on, Braided lines on. Braked bleed up super easy.
null-15.jpg

I then got the shocks on, realised the ABS sensors won't plug in, wheels back on, gearbox refilled, and lowered it down.
null-16.jpg

null-17.jpg

All I have left to do is do the tracking, as you may notice, serious amounts of toe out, bumper back on, test drive!

Many.
Looks good mate, is the subframe easy to remove?

Cheers bud. Hmm, It wasn't as bad as I was expecting at all! I got the old one off within an hour, including a battle with the main subframe bolts, but now I've done it once, I reckon I could have it off again much quicker!

Cool car, really like that.

Although god knows why you want a shortshift on a derv daily?

Cheers :)

I'm not a fan of long shifts, moreso worn ones, short shift is exactly what I was looking for. Not bothered about seconds shaved changing gears, more about the feel!

& Cheers Laura :)

clio 05 van,megane
hi love the car pretty much the route im going down with my van
what was involved with fitting the aircon ??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Many.
Bigish update.

First up, got myself some 25mm front spacers and temporary front grill. Front wheels fit exactly how I want them.
100_6985_zps49ba96bb.jpg

100_6986_zps5f07b495.jpg

Secondly, picked up a flame red sport rear bumper.
100_6988_zpse17cf815.jpg

Finally, sport interior
100_6984_zps6a3c5b2d.jpg

Now the plans are to finish the sport rep-ness and then power.

Many.
hi love the car pretty much the route im going down with my van
what was involved with fitting the aircon ??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Found everything from the same engined clio, bolted it all up, then wired the A/C like a old car, So a few relays and a bit of head scratching so it works as a factory setup would in a older car (without a body control module)

Saw this car today, looked brilliant as ever Alex!

Also thank you again for getting us out of the s**t with that circlip!! Commitment is an understatement when it came to fixing it :)

Many.
Saw this car today, looked brilliant as ever Alex!

Also thank you again for getting us out of the s**t with that circlip!! Commitment is an understatement when it came to fixing it :)

Cheers dude :) And as always, not a problem.

Bit of an update too..

Firstly, Friday night, me and a mate had nothing to do, so decided the best thing to do, was clean my car, obviously.
100_6991_zps68db5896.jpg

100_6992_zps0d118cdf.jpg

100_6993_zps7c9a5422.jpg

Then, along with ParisPeach I attended SE's Southend Clio meet...
null_zps2fb8846c.jpg

null_zps6cca7014.jpg

Then this morning, I was outside between 7am and 8am changing my N/S drive shaft due to a buggered outer CV.
null_zps8e85a1ee.jpg

null_zpsf4177b6e.jpg

Shiney silver one coming off, dirty one going on.

Then attended EA's Rolling Road day, Lots of awesome cars, mixed results, but a top notch day..
The DCi going on...
null_zpsc74d0d49.jpg

Screen grab I got
null_zpsc2a46270.jpg

Everybody elses results:
null_zpsd5e49aee.jpg

And after £60 of fuel since Friday night, My car is completely minging again, Oh well!
null_zps54a76470.jpg

Been a awesome weekend though!

I now, due to a trip to Dmallet's on saturday, have a sport steering wheel, sport pedals, skirt clips (mine are just glued on atm), rear beam to refurb, 10mm rear hub spacers, and finally a M/C and servo, as the M/C is slighty larger bore, and my servo is severaly rotten.

I'll show that lot as and when I do it all :) Not a lot left on the sport rep side of it, side trims, handles and Xenons.

Many.
Cheers bud.

Shaft sorted it, lovely to be able to throw it about a bit and not have the juddering/noise of the outer CV munching itself!

Was a bit shocked with that power, I was expecting about 50bhp lol.

S

scott2411

Hi do you have any of the old parts ie the bumper compete ?arch liner osf

Many.
I do indeed, PM me if intersted.

Little update...

Finally got myself some Cliosport stickers
null_zpsa99d969b.jpg

As recently mentioned, got myself a sport wheel, needs a refurb and the bottom trim, but its nicer to use in the mean time, plus sport pedals, feel a bit nicer to use.
null_zps6b5969bf.jpg

Slowly getting there. Next update will most likely be refurbing the rear beam.