ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Flame Red DCi 172 Rep.

Read through this whole thread! Excellent work mate! Very determined to get this exactly how you want it.
Proper love to a car IMO. Really is one of the best reps on here :)

Many.
I can't think of a better rep on here at any point in the last 10 years, superb work. Just get the sunroof removed when you get your respray ;)

Read through this whole thread! Excellent work mate! Very determined to get this exactly how you want it.
Proper love to a car IMO. Really is one of the best reps on here :)

Well, thank you very much guys. John, I do plan to change the roofskin when I respray it. Won't be much of the non-sport left!

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
Alex , go under your bonnet and tel me which way the wires on the pre coolant glow plugs go ( colour wise )
im on about the coolant pipe that goes behind the thermostat to the bulkhead. One of those pipes is bolted the gearbox with a load of wires on.

Ive stupidly forgot to reconnect them when I had the engine out and noticed them today when changing my clutch cable lol

DCI100 / 211hp MK1
Just read through this and sweet jesus the car has transformed. Definitely one of the best reps I have seen hats off to you.

I was planning to do all the 172 rep bits but after doing the seats I gave up. Plus mine is platinum (I think which isn't a RS colour) so I didn't fancy buying the parts and then getting them sprayed as its only my run around. My other motor is the toy car (roll on summer).

Just because im mainly being lazy whats the benefit of adding 2 stroke?

Also how easy was it to do the cruise control as I do a lot of motorway miles and would love this. It looks like I haven't got the right loom as I did search for the wiring but couldn't see it. (sods law really as I have climate control, aircon, automatic lights and automatic wipers) Cruise control would complete it.

p.s subscribed

Many.
Clio_Squeak Cheers bud :)

I never intended to do a sport rep, until I found the kit for sale cheaply, and couldn't help myself! Glad I did now, as while the Ph3 front wasn't bad, I much prefer the sport kit.

2 stroke oil is suppoed tooo... Reduce engine noise, improve MPG, reduce smoke etc, but most importantly, it adds back in some lubrication which modern diesel lacks, and we all know how s**t the pumps are on these. I admit, I haven't put any in recently, I forget!

Cruise control, if you haven't got the wiring, its a pain in the ass, suprised yours hasn't got it considering its got all that, although mine had auto lights & wipers, only gained cruise control when I fitted climate control. If you haven't got it, loom change ideally. I'd double check yours tbh.

:)

R5 gtt, R27 F1 team
I have a problem too, the wiring was prepared behind the dash but after switching it on with the clip it doesn't do anything. My guess is everything is prepared but not the wires to the ecu.

kinda strange if you ask me but tbh i'm not surprised by anything of the French builders anymore tbh!

Many.
How much 2 stoke oil do you add and how often? Might get my bro to chuck some in his

100ml to 20litres of diesel, you can back track it from that figure to work it out exactly for how much you're putting in.

I have a problem too, the wiring was prepared behind the dash but after switching it on with the clip it doesn't do anything. My guess is everything is prepared but not the wires to the ecu.

kinda strange if you ask me but tbh i'm not surprised by anything of the French builders anymore tbh!

Exactly how mine was, Annoying but now solved and I love cruise control.

R5 gtt, R27 F1 team
Didn't yours have the wires attached to the ecu connectors already?

my guess is mine doesn't. The french description is a bit vague though!

Many.
Didn't yours have the wires attached to the ecu connectors already?

my guess is mine doesn't. The french description is a bit vague though!

Nope, Had to put them in, had it all on the dash side, but not the engine bay side.

DCI100 / 211hp MK1
@Clio_Squeak Cheers bud :)

I never intended to do a sport rep, until I found the kit for sale cheaply, and couldn't help myself! Glad I did now, as while the Ph3 front wasn't bad, I much prefer the sport kit.

2 stroke oil is suppoed tooo... Reduce engine noise, improve MPG, reduce smoke etc, but most importantly, it adds back in some lubrication which modern diesel lacks, and we all know how s**t the pumps are on these. I admit, I haven't put any in recently, I forget!

Cruise control, if you haven't got the wiring, its a pain in the ass, suprised yours hasn't got it considering its got all that, although mine had auto lights & wipers, only gained cruise control when I fitted climate control. If you haven't got it, loom change ideally. I'd double check yours tbh.

:)

If it's cheap then I would do it too lol

i might have to give that a go. Any particular brand? What do you use?

i was surprised too as normally most people that have all the bits I have also have the cruise control wiring. If I need to swap the looms I doubt I'll be doing it tbh. Getting lazy lol

R5 gtt, R27 F1 team
Nope, Had to put them in, had it all on the dash side, but not the engine bay side.

So where were the wires hidden? That's the only thing i can't properly see in the pics. And did you use the wiring diagrams off the french forum?

Many.
So where were the wires hidden? That's the only thing i can't properly see in the pics. And did you use the wiring diagrams off the french forum?

Sorry didn't see this post.

Do you mean on the dash side? Behind the headlight adjuster panel next to the drivers knee. you can also find the clutch switch wiring next to the brake pedal switch.

R5 gtt, R27 F1 team
No, i have all the wires on the dash side too but it's not connected to the ecu connector.

so where is the unfinished end of the dashboard side?

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
No, i have all the wires on the dash side too but it's not connected to the ecu connector.

so where is the unfinished end of the dashboard side?

It will be on the block behind the washer bottle I believe. I'm currently tracing all the wires through the 182 dash loom so will have pin numbers shortly.

Which pins did you have to attach in the bay on the ecu plug Alex? if you remember.

Don't happen to know what each of the wires coming out of the cruise switch connector block are? I've got blue, dark and light grey, yellow and green.

Many.
Only 1.

How many cars have i regretted purchasing? is the real question.

For me that'd be every vehicle I've ever owned in some form.

I regret the Clio considering how much its cost me, and I regret my motorbike because I crashed it!

SQ5
Swear I saw you going through Bury Tuesday night about 715? Saw a flame red "172" on an 04 plate and tight that's not right and can only be you!

X2 Clio Valvers
Well I've read this from start to finish and I must say it looks amazing!
The work you have put into this has really paid off, Like a few others have said I'd also love a DCI Clio Sport rep, But before I can even think about that I need to get my Valver done :) Keep up the good work mate, It's a smart looking motor :approved:

Many.
Well I've read this from start to finish and I must say it looks amazing!
The work you have put into this has really paid off, Like a few others have said I'd also love a DCI Clio Sport rep, But before I can even think about that I need to get my Valver done :) Keep up the good work mate, It's a smart looking motor :approved:

Cheers buddy. Theres a bit more in the new thread (clicky under avatar), not much more though!

Liking the exhaust tip bud, where did you get it from?

Ebay IIRC.