ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Flame red ph1 172 {take 2}

In my opinion, everything you've done to the car (with the exception of the alloys, love turbines) has made it look worse. I think most people prefer ph2 rear lights to ph1 but if you wanted all red I can see where you're coming from. What I cannot comprehend is why you would de-colour code it?! Looked much better with ph2 side strips! You could've atleast cc'd the ph1 side strips if you do have a jihad against ph2 bits on a ph1

Because he is a purist ph1 fan.

Car looks awesome, good work :)

Christopher.

South Central-South Coast
ClioSport Area Rep
Lovely car.

You dont have any more info on removing the A/C do you ? I have the cup 'setup' waiting to go in.

Just need a bit of a guide on what's involved.

Rb 182
In my opinion, everything you've done to the car (with the exception of the alloys, love turbines) has made it look worse. I think most people prefer ph2 rear lights to ph1 but if you wanted all red I can see where you're coming from. What I cannot comprehend is why you would de-colour code it?! Looked much better with ph2 side strips! You could've atleast cc'd the ph1 side strips if you do have a jihad against ph2 bits on a ph1

Cheers.

It's personal prefrence really mate, i like my ph1's non colourcoded (Bar the handles) and mostly original, its just the look i like. I would like to stress that this is very much a WIP, its no where near finished yet, i just like to keep a up to date record of how it's changing. .

I've had one with colour coded side strips and i liked it but i didn't want this one looking like a clone of my last flamer Y534 which was more a OEM+ kinda car. I think that the dark strips go well with the dark wheels. I also run my partners car with ph2 bits, i just mix and match to what i like. (see pics)

172good1.jpg

7ea5afbc.jpg

What alloys have you got on the front here? Haven't seen any like them before, quite like them

The alloys on the front are Ph1 19 16v alloys.

Because he is a purist ph1 fan.

Car looks awesome, good work :)

Cheers Dan, I do like a ph1 to be mostly ph1, but I am tempted by a cup spoiler. :eek:

Lovely car.

You dont have any more info on removing the A/C do you ? I have the cup 'setup' waiting to go in.

Just need a bit of a guide on what's involved.

Cheers mate, its getting there.

What is it you'd like to know?

From what I've read/tried you'll need: Cup alternator, cup alternator adjuster, cup main alternator bolt, cup upper and lower mounts, cup lower mount bolts (some bolts can be reused to fit the smaller of the two mounts).

Things to remove: Alternator, alternator top brace, air con pump, aircon lines and rad, lower mount with auto tensioner.

I was really surprised with all the bits that were coming off, I can get a pic of all the bits removed and you can compare as you do yours.

The powersteering pump needs to be moved down a fair bit and you do need to reshape a bit of powersteering pipe, where it goes into the pump and then onto the flexi section. I've looked at a fair few pics of peoples and everyone seems to do it a different way, See what you think suits yourself. From what I've heard you can change to a cup ps pipe that goes back to the rack to solve this problem.

Hope that makes some kind of sense, its a much better system than that silly auto tensioner, must save a decent bit of cash come belt changing time.

Christopher.

South Central-South Coast
ClioSport Area Rep
Yea any pics would be great. The A/C rad has already been removed, I just need to do the rest. Really need to get the bumpers and the like off to have a good look at what needs doing. Hopefully il get it done over the winter.

Rb 182
Yea any pics would be great. The A/C rad has already been removed, I just need to do the rest. Really need to get the bumpers and the like off to have a good look at what needs doing. Hopefully il get it done over the winter.

Ill get a pic of everything removed for you.

Once you've removed the bumper, grill and slam panel you will easily see what's needs removed.

Rb 182
Been a busy day today for 596, spending most of the day on other peoples ramps. First off saw me visit Free Flow exhausts in Shotts to have my Orbisoud fitted up.

I had removed the old system a few days ago, just to save a little time on the day. Nice cherry bomb centre section there!

24BADFC5-A5BC-403B-A73E-F87DDAFD4983-780-0000004A75FAEC53.jpg

On the ramp being worked on.

93BB9127-4C06-4527-80AE-4DC1C8A00FBC-780-0000004A6F76FFAE.jpg

It was then swiftly driven from Free Flow to RCA for a MOT. This is the only after pic of the exhaust i have at the mo, more to follow after a clean.

DCB17C08-4272-40F5-8F65-785BAF92A51F-780-0000004A61CCAF3D.jpg

A pass, had an advisory on a track rod end needing replacing and the lambda reading was a little on the high side. Over all i'm really happy with the Orbisoud, its pretty boomy around town but sounds lovely higher up the rev range.

Last pic, also shows the half cage in the back. Wasn't a hard job to do, just fiddly getting it 100% square. Huge thanks to Fraser and John who did most of the work TBH, somthing about drilling large holes in your own car made me feel a little odd. :p

88522C0B-30C9-44AB-A770-9BD902AE6B0B-780-0000004A5503B1A4.jpg

C+C welcome

Rb 182
Tried to get a few better pics of the exhaust, still not great tbh.

8DE2649F-AC00-4797-A691-DE1EBAE3C9AC-314-00000043CACB8880.jpg

6A79626C-6738-460D-83B8-128E15C2BC71-314-00000043C0E2D691.jpg

A few of the car out and about, just because I think it looks awesome.

516F9EA5-13DC-4390-A51F-F8896D52FDDD-314-00000043B13C41D5.jpg

D5E65C00-7E03-4BC7-8059-FA7229261DC1-314-00000043B87B898B.jpg

Gaz85

ClioSport Club Member
  330e, golf r, EP3 s4
Just seen this thread Dave good wee read! Love the exhaust was epic sounding the night I drove it

Rb 182
Been a busy few days with this. Nothing exciting but I'll update any way. Removed the seats, cage, carpet and foam in preperation for the next stage.

Today we spent the best part of the day removing the tar from the floor, its such a dull job which probably makes no difference but its done now.

The next thing is to get the side mounts fitted up and then in the cage and interior painted.

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
Rad came with the car. I think yeecup fitted that.

Cheers. It's a little low for track, and theres far far too much camber, but I'll have it sitting nice for the snow coming.

Aye I had a new radiator fitted after the old one sprung a leak