ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fletch's 150k 172 Project..

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
No Tim.

It's getting picked up by a low loader on Wednesday, and then going to k-tec.

Fingers crossed it will just be something simple like a fried alternator.

Can't you just put it in back of the Hilux? :clown:

I'd be tempted to have a go at fixing it myself first.

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks Olly :)

Can't you just put it in back of the Hilux? :clown:

I'd be tempted to have a go at fixing it myself first.

No mate, I am thinking about getting a trailer for it though ;)

As you know I am not that great with a spanner mate and only have basic tools, I don't even own a decent jack :eek:

I'm also really busy with work ATM.

Owen

ClioSport Admin
Hope it gets sorted mate, my alternator gave up 2 weeks ago. So that's the water pump, pas pump and alternator that have died in the last 18months, fecking French build quality!

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
Hope it gets sorted mate, my alternator gave up 2 weeks ago. So that's the water pump, pas pump and alternator that have died in the last 18months, fecking French build quality!

It did the same thing about 3 years ago, lol everything seems to break at once :(

...Well I thought as I hadn't cleaned the maxogen since fitting it nearly 3 years, and about 50k it was well overdue a good clean :eek:

5375412995_4054d24b50_z.jpg

:dead:

5376014054_f33822bf85_z.jpg

much better :approve:

Owen

ClioSport Admin
To be fair that is a lot cleaner than my bmc cda was when I took it off after about 10k. Was all sorts of crap clogging the filter up.

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
*Quick update*

Clio gets picked up tomorrow afternoon, fingers crossed it's a easy/cheap fix.

I finally ordered a 3/4 plate for the front, will fit it once I get the car back, and also fit the 2118s, take the rear bench out and fit the RS Sabelt wheel.

After having a drive in Nick172cup clio on Sat (Cheers fella :cool:) I'm now going to go for the Corbeau Revolutions rather than the Corbeau revenge... I was very impressed with the JMS manifold xtra, a great bit of kit TBH :evil:

cor_revolution-blk_1.jpg

I am also 90% certain that I will go for the Oreca Group N exhaust system, as I love the rasp you get from pea shooter systems.

So it should all hopefully start to come together soonish.