ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fluid leak, new pads/discs

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Just fitted a set of new genuine discs and brembo pads. All went okay, or so I thought.

I'd forgotten to fully torque the caliper to the hub so went back out to click them on the torque wrench and noticed fluid on the nearside wheel...

Appears its leaked by the piston boot and dripped down. Is it possible to wind the piston in too much that it leaks fluid passed the seal? Cleaned it all up and doesnt appear to be leaking anymore, brakes feel OK still but only been up and down the driveway.

Reckon I need a new caliper? Absolute pain in the arse.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Potentially flipped the seal in the rear caliper? Realised I forgot to remove the cap when winding in the pistons so potential school boy error??

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
Nah just stick a new seal in it.

Similar happened to a front caliper on mine when I pushed the piston in too quick, although it did stop after that and has been fine since even after a few track days.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
If you're certain its not the bleed nipple, it'll be the main seal which has failed. Common on these now and a S/Exch calliper is the fastest, most cost effective way of getting the car back on the road. They're like £50 a corner... but the time you've purchased the seal kit, removed it, rebuilt it and refitted it, etc

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
If you're certain its not the bleed nipple, it'll be the main seal which has failed. Common on these now and a S/Exch calliper is the fastest, most cost effective way of getting the car back on the road. They're like £50 a corner... but the time you've purchased the seal kit, removed it, rebuilt it and refitted it, etc
Is the main seal the one around the piston? Ik struggling to find any for 50/corner, especially at short notice! Might have to wince and pay ecp prices. Just dont want the whole system to leak dry!