ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Football Manager 2012

Might have to try my luck again at the end of the season.

In my ignorance, I signed a new DM in the January window to cover a couple of injuries, only to then realise once he joined my squad that he was at the African Nations Cup. FFS.

I love Lamp
I've just signed a 14 year old Polish striker with 4.5 star potential lol.. Feel like throwing him into a match for pure lols xD..

Won league last season delightfully :) put in a 16m bid for Ozil from Madrid which to my surprise got accepted, shame he had no interest what so ever lol, then lost my backup left winger for 12mill after someone met his release clause.. Last time I set my assistant to sort out fking contracts what a fool!!! Signed Benzema for 3.8mill though he's only 28 :/ not sure what is happening at Madrid lol bagged Wilshire for 15mill though :)

The single most annoying thing about this game which never changes is the f**king contracts.

My centre half is 30, captain, earning 60k a week. His current deal expires at the end of the season. I offer him a new deal, same wages, with some mega bonuses. His agent then counters it, and asks for wages of 110k a week. I, of course, say no. Negotiations go on, hit a wall, and I then decide to sell him so as to not lose him on a free at the end of the season.

The guy joins Everton (who I finished about 5 places higher than the previous season) for 5 mil, on a contract of 40k a week! WTF!

This has happened in the past 3-4 FM games. Does my head in.

DCi
use the padlocks on contract negotiations, it basically says to the agent, we wont budge on $x wage p/w adjust the rest to fit please... usually works ish

Ever had just one of them games? Course you have.

I've been doing pretty poorly in the league at the minute, and just tried out a new formation (4-3-2-1) and my boys were playing some of the best stuff all season. Playing a West Ham side who are storming the league, we were looking likely to come out of it with a draw - which would do the players the world of good in confidence.
Then within the last ten minutes, I had my first choice right back, and my captain & centre back sent off for stupid second yellows, after making all my subs. Then, unsurprisingly conceeded.

FML.

ffs.png

LY 182
I've just signed a 14 year old Polish striker with 4.5 star potential lol.. Feel like throwing him into a match for pure lols xD..

Won league last season delightfully :) put in a 16m bid for Ozil from Madrid which to my surprise got accepted, shame he had no interest what so ever lol, then lost my backup left winger for 12mill after someone met his release clause.. Last time I set my assistant to sort out fking contracts what a fool!!! Signed Benzema for 3.8mill though he's only 28 :/ not sure what is happening at Madrid lol bagged Wilshire for 15mill though :)

You still Newcastle? Real Madrid always have a nice crop of players that come up for sale. In my United save as you can see going back through this thread I signed him for about £17mil and he is class if sometimes lacking a bit of consistency. I know somebody on The Dugout who managed to get Di Maria on the cheap.

Ever had just one of them games? Course you have.

I've been doing pretty poorly in the league at the minute, and just tried out a new formation (4-3-2-1) and my boys were playing some of the best stuff all season. Playing a West Ham side who are storming the league, we were looking likely to come out of it with a draw - which would do the players the world of good in confidence.
Then within the last ten minutes, I had my first choice right back, and my captain & centre back sent off for stupid second yellows, after making all my subs. Then, unsurprisingly conceeded.

FML.

ffs.png

Lol yes we always have 'one of those games' it seems to be FM's way of saying s**t like this happens in real life so we'll ensure it happens at points in the game.

My current Everton game had had several of those games recently. I'm suffering some sort of second season bounce at the moment. After exceeding expectations in my 1st season and finishing 6th I've just got to January in the 2nd season and I'm currently 9th. Only a few points off 6th mind you. But I think playing the Europa on Thursday's is a pain in the bum. I did sign about 8/9 new players though, all young, and I think mostly we're struggling with all the new players blending in and just the simple lack of experience at times. As negative as it seems, I'm kinda hoping we can finish 8th or 9th where the fans won't be furious and we won't have a European distraction next season we can can go baws out for top 4.

In terms of having those dodgy games. Well, away to Stoke. Firstly we go 1-0 down to Danny Simpson scoring a 25 yard screamer for them. We're the better team though and grab a deserved equaliser. Then 90th min Palacios hits a 35 yard screamer and we lose 2-1. I mean, come on. I've also been fucked over away to Spurs in both seasons. 1st season we were 2-0 down, fought back to 2-2 in 91st min, then 93rd min they score to to win 3-2. Second season we again pull it back late only for them to do the exact same and score a winner in the 94th min or something absurd. I did have a slice of luck from the game though. Absolutely parked the bus away to Citeh and Jagielka popped up with a 93rd min winner to beat them 1-0, did genuinely get proper excited at that moment lol.

Oh and my star player for Everton, without doubt, Alberto Paloschi! Signed him on a free from Chievo so he came to me start of 2nd season. He bangs them in when set as a poacher (reminds me of Hernandez with United). Probably got about 30 goals in 25 games. Not bad for a free! And he's only 21. Inter Milan sniffing after too. :eek:

Focus ST-3
Signed hazard, thiago and reveillere for arsenal, had a shocking start losing about 3 out of 5. then turned it around and havnt lost in about 19 games. Im second on goal difference to united with about 8 games of season left, in the semi's of champions league, still in FA cup. going well! Had an easy run of league games lately and scored about 20 in 5 games!! one of which was 8-0 against norwich!! RvP got 4 goals and 2 assists and got a 10 rating!!!! Theo is on fire as well! whole team is a beast, just wish it was in real life!!!! At end of the season im looking to get rid of chamakh (useless), arshavin (while hes still worth money), squillaci, bendtner and rosicky, then buy mario gotze, a new striker and possibly keeper as mannone wants out haha

LY 182
Signed hazard, thiago and reveillere for arsenal, had a shocking start losing about 3 out of 5. then turned it around and havnt lost in about 19 games. Im second on goal difference to united with about 8 games of season left, in the semi's of champions league, still in FA cup. going well! Had an easy run of league games lately and scored about 20 in 5 games!! one of which was 8-0 against norwich!! RvP got 4 goals and 2 assists and got a 10 rating!!!! Theo is on fire as well! whole team is a beast, just wish it was in real life!!!! At end of the season im looking to get rid of chamakh (useless), arshavin (while hes still worth money), squillaci, bendtner and rosicky, then buy mario gotze, a new striker and possibly keeper as mannone wants out haha

RVP is a beast on the game. Always love Hazard. I've never had a 10 on this one, 9.8 my best I think.

Good luck signing Gotze. I've had offers of £55mil declined for him when I was United! :dapprove:

Focus ST-3
yeh i declared interest etc and then put in silly offers to see what i could get him for, they accepted 5 million upront and 90 million over 48 months hahaha, will just keep on chipping away at him till he gets unsettled then see. I think thiago is one of my best buys, 10m and hes quality, fans love him, always gets 8 rating.

LY 182
yeh i declared interest etc and then put in silly offers to see what i could get him for, they accepted 5 million upront and 90 million over 48 months hahaha, will just keep on chipping away at him till he gets unsettled then see.

The cheapest deal I managed to get with them was when I put Marvin Martin up for sale. He was valued around £25-30mil and they were interested. They accepted an offer of approx £30mil cash + Martin (so £50-60mil total) and I got super excited only for the French c**t Martin to decline Dortmund's offer.

LY 182
Actually in my United save after 5 seasons Chelsea signed the Dortmund boss and I took over Dortmund and saved it as a different game (so I can go back to the Utd game, of course). When looking at Gotze his asking price was set to £116mil! :quiet:

Focus ST-3
its annoying, i would happily give them 5 or so player i dont want plus 40 million but the players i give them probs wont want to go!!! im just going to keep declaring interest and see what happens

Focus ST-3
I also wouldnt mind mats hummels from dortmund too, but then im looking at possible transfers of 100+ million to dortmund!! they will be ones to watch in champions league if i do!!! lol

I love Lamp
You still Newcastle? Real Madrid always have a nice crop of players that come up for sale. In my United save as you can see going back through this thread I signed him for about £17mil and he is class if sometimes lacking a bit of consistency. I know somebody on The Dugout who managed to get Di Maria on the cheap.

Yeah I never leave newcastle on FM I've only ever managed countries or Newcastle in all the years of the game other than a Napoli stint haha. They are insane who they will sell and for what prices, actually accepting a bid of 16mill for ozil when hes 27years old! United signed Di Maria last season not sure how much for..

work for BMW
just released is Football manager 2012 iphone/ipad app £6.99
i dont know whether to risk buying it or not, quite a bit missed out from the actual game i think

DCi
Man City are my parent club and they said I can take Hargreaves out their reserves on loan for no wages/fee so I thought I'll make an offer, bit gutted he doesn't want to play for Swindon :(

M135i
Can I ask what people are running their games on?

I'm thinking of getting a new laptop (namely a Macbook Air) but if it isn't able to run FM 2012 with multiple leagues smootjly and quickly, it's gonna be a no-no!

Any experiences?

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Get something with lots of CPU powas, and at least 4 gig of RAM

I think the game plays on more than one core (may have to check it out)

SSD would be handy too

LY 182
I'm on the base spec 2010 Macbook Pro and it runs pretty well but not super quick at the same time. I think I've got 5 main leagues up. I'd say an entry level Macbook Pro / Air would be more than fine, if you're going down the Apple route.

LY 182
I'm loving my Everton save. Having trouble attracting the top players still, but after throwing a load of youth players in at the deep end in my 2nd season they seem to be playing on another level now in my 3rd season. 7 games in to the league won 6 and lost 1 which was 1-0 away to Man Utd.

Also beat Inter 4-0 at home in the Europa! :eek:

MY10 R35 GTR
still not impressed with this, loads of problems with the games crashing. Done all the game and driver updates I can do.

Never had these problems before just used to buy the game and it worked, i tried the demo on my old laptop and ran sweet as a nut. Buy the full game for my new gaming laptop and it rubbish tbh

LY 182
still not impressed with this, loads of problems with the games crashing. Done all the game and driver updates I can do.

Never had these problems before just used to buy the game and it worked, i tried the demo on my old laptop and ran sweet as a nut. Buy the full game for my new gaming laptop and it rubbish tbh

Surprised to hear that, tbh. I've racked up about 170 hours on the game according to Steam and it's crashed once. And I try and save it after every 5 or 6 games just in case but never an issue.

MY10 R35 GTR
yeh im surpirised too but its really but me off.

going from the final teamtalk/tactic screen and click go to game, the desktop window comes up for a few seconds then after that the game screen returns

It flashes up a driver error but doesnt flash up long enough to make sense of it

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Back with my United game

September 2013, Barca offered me the job (Guardiola resigned)

Turned them down \o/

FUUUUUUUUUUUU Barca

I love arguing with my s**t players.
argue1.png

argue2.png

If I wasn't so desperate I'd have released the tw*t there and then.

He's the main reason we're doing crap. Or at least one of them.

LY 182
@Cookie - Should of accepted the job and put it in a new save. Would be fun just to manage Messi and co even if only for a small amount of time!

@iain - Lulz at that score. I beat Fulham 7-3 away with Everton in a similar game, mental.

@jam - Lol at that player. At least he admitted defeat. Most of my confrontations with players end up in them wanting to leave the club.

@AK - Get it done!

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
@Cookie - Should of accepted the job and put it in a new save. Would be fun just to manage Messi and co even if only for a small amount of time!

@iain - Lulz at that score. I beat Fulham 7-3 away with Everton in a similar game, mental.

@jam - Lol at that player. At least he admitted defeat. Most of my confrontations with players end up in them wanting to leave the club.

@AK - Get it done!

Regretting it a bit now :p :eek:

Not only did I have Messi etc to manage, I would have had 240mil to spend and 2.4mil a week wage budget (only 1.5 being used IIRC)

LY 182
Lol jeeez that's a proper transfer budget!

Getting squeaky bum time on my Everton save. About 23/24 games in and still 3rd but literally only 1-3 points between 2nd to 6th at the moment I think, with United a fair way out in front. Need top 4 this season but struggling a bit now, namely strikers have forgot how to score. Pretty sure I've got Chelsea and City both away from home in the last few games so need to try and get myself a cushion before than and park the bus lol.

Doing ok with my Newcastle season. Finished 8th in the my year, and now in 8th again at the start of February.

I'm finding consistency a real issue. I beat Arsenal 3-0 at home, win 1-0 away at Chelski, then get dumped 3-0 at home to Wolves! WTF!

LY 182
Yeah. The game seems to have an inbuilt system where you just can't win certain matches. I was on a great roll, go away to Swansea who were about 13th or something, bare in mind I'm 3rd here, they go a man down and yet still hang on to win 1-0. The problem I seem to have is if I play just the 1 up top sometimes the game decides the striker is gonna have a bad game and he'll then proceed to fluff 5+ one on one chances. Annoying, but part of what keeps the game so addictive I guess!

Yep 100% agree. Kind of the charm of it though!

I was away at Villa last night, went 3-0 up after 54 minutes, they go a man down, and sure enough they come back and score the equaliser in the 93rd minute that was about a yard offside.

FFFFUUUUU!