ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

For f**k Sake!

Integra Type-R DC2
Car failed MOT today. Top sturt mounts were lose, indicator bulbs werent bright enough (silvervisions), rear drums needed changing and rear tyres where on back to front. Now, I think this garage must think im a total mug. My rear tyres arent on back to front, theres a bloody rotation indicator telling me which way they're supposed to rotate, and silvervisions... illegal?!

They wanted £410 just to fix all those "problems". Me and my Dad are going to do the work ourselfs. No car for a few days. :dapprove:

Im not sure about the silvervisions, they arent actual silvervisions, just a sort of cheap knock off, even so, they cant be illegal can they?

FIAT PANDA 100HP!!!!
not sure, i once sprayed some orange bulbs silver and that passed an mot!
in fact done it a few times! lol

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
Yes bulbs need to be for road use/legal

If the tester feels that the bulb is not illuminating or functioning correctly they can fail it.

A common one is off road use only brake light bulbs that are LEDs.

Integra Type-R DC2
In which case ill just change them back and fix the problems they highlighted. Tyres back to front though? lol.

Some of a Clio 1.8 16v
Re: For f**k Sake!

In which case ill just change them back and fix the problems they highlighted. Tyres back to front though? lol.

Are your tyres rotational?
If the rotation on the tyres is back to front it'll fail. Just swop them left to right

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
How can you tell if the top mounts are loose, as mine apparently have accessive play?

CB600FS

J0sh how olds the car obviously 3 years atleast but is it 4 years old yet?

Renault do an any mileage 4 year warranty on Clio rear drums/shoes due to the amount of problems they've had with them, worth checking see if you can get a free set of drums/shoes!!

Mondeo TDCI 130
some tyres also have exterior/interior wrote on the side wall!
DRrollo, jack it up, get a bar under the wheel and lift it up, should feel movement if theres any to feel!!

Integra Type-R DC2

take a picture of the tyre and post it on here!

lol, they've told my Dad the two rear tyres were on the wrong side, ie left on right, right on left. Thats not the case at all though. Theyre on the right way. Direction of travel is correct, so blokes talking out his ass.

TomTom said:
J0sh how olds the car obviously 3 years atleast but is it 4 years old yet?

Renault do an any mileage 4 year warranty on Clio rear drums/shoes due to the amount of problems they've had with them, worth checking see if you can get a free set of drums/shoes!!

2001 model, so just out.