ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ford content.

Following on from this thread I posted a few months ago, http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?696945-MK1-FRS-DC2-or-DC5, I bit the bullet and went for the Ford choice. I feel really lucky with this FocusRS as it was only local and being honest I was always going to buy it when I 1st saw it and I'm not usually like that with cars lol. Paintwork is awesome for a 10year old car and it's previous owner has looked after it well.

1st thoughts after driving it properly..... it's mentally quick lol, not sure if it's just me and my lack of boost with previous cars but this thing certainly shifts and would have left the Clio for dead (the Clio wasn't slow either).

It's been tinkered with so isn't standard and with the modifications a rough guesstimate it's around 300bhp mark.
3" bore custom exhaust
Decat
4-1 tubular manifold
Forge actuator
Forge recirc valve
JohnFRS Hybrid Turbo

I've only the one quick poor Iphone photo of the car but I'll update the thread once some decent photos are taken of it but overall I'm chuffed to bits with it.

null_zpsd33080a7.gif

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Needs a tiny bit of standardising but I can't tell you how jealous I am.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Sadly I cannot even answer that one. I'm tight as f**k? I have been however considering a new Fiesta ST also. f**k knows mate! I'm a savings ***** at times!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
The wheels and the gloss black bits? You know 6months ago I'd have agreed with you but black wheels have really grown on me lately, as long as the tyres are kept blacked that is. lol

Even I have Black wheels but.... this is a Focus RS.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Ah so a thread exists now.

Great buy tbh. I need to get my arse in gear and come and have a nosey.

Also as much as I hate to do it Gally is right. Needs silver wheels to look fresh.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Sadly I cannot even answer that one. I'm tight as f**k? I have been however considering a new Fiesta ST also. f**k knows mate! I'm a savings ***** at times!

Saving for what?? You might get a brain tumour tomorrow. It's no good being the richest dead man is it!

You love them, you do no miles, you've got the money, there are plenty if nice ones about... Just get one bought.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
He won't buy one Dan, he should have after selling the 2nd FRP.

But he bought a ST.

Grow some balls Gally. :)

Saving for what?? You might get a brain tumour tomorrow. It's no good being the richest dead man is it!

You love them, you do no miles, you've got the money, there are plenty if nice ones about... Just get one bought.

There's plenty of rough ones about too, I did come across a few while i was looking for one.

Have you driven one yet Gally?

Many.
One of the only Ford's I'd buy. I personally like it on the black wheels, gives it a mean look. Does need plain plates though.

Get some more pics up!

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Absolutely outstanding. As said, it's a car (IMO) that needs to be standard, you simply don't piss about with a future iconic buy.

Z4
I like it. But I agree about the wheels, cheapens it.
I need to drive a modified one, my mate has a fairly tuned one I need to have a blast in!
He is always trying to convince me to get one haha hence this screenshot
image-1.jpg

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
There's plenty of rough ones about too, I did come across a few while i was looking for one.

Have you driven one yet Gally?

A few mate. I seem to have known a lot of people with them. I actually know someone who had a mk1 and 2, sold the mk2 so he could justify keeping the mk1. He's had it for a very long time.

They're not perfect but they feel special. Again, like the Frp-it's possibly just the "Forditis" that I have but it doesn't even matter if they are poor in some areas, people just have a soft spot for fast Fords.

The newness of the Fiesta ST does attract me though.

Track 172, Focus RS
Clio has been sat in the garage for a couple of months now,probably be next year until its out again. Exhaust is going strong mate, love the sound of it! funnily enough, i test drove an RS on friday, seriously considering one.

Clio has been sat in the garage for a couple of months now,probably be next year until its out again. Exhaust is going strong mate, love the sound of it! funnily enough, i test drove an RS on friday, seriously considering one.

They're cracking cars mate, I've always been a huge fan of them but after driving and now owning one I'm an even bigger fan of them. lol

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I see one on PH. Had retrofitted Xenons. A must!

I'm glad you made the correct choice.

How awesome is that diff!!!

It's hilarious on a bumpy off cambered road, a lot of people complain about the way it pulls you about as it's moving the power from wheel to wheel but I reckon it adds to the whole drama of the car. Haven't had a chance to push it in the corners yet because the roads round here have been really greasy.

Will it be going on track?

We'll see how it handles the next couple of months and if all is good I'll be seriously considering it

172 Cup
Love these so so much. Keep up with looking after it an as said a tad more standardisation needed with the exterior.

For sure will become an appreciating classic.

Gave the car it's 1st proper cleaning since buying it so I grabbed a few quick iPhone photos, not the best as I'm useless with photography but they'll have to do for now.

11154358625_70ba02723b_b.png

Untitled by Jonff1, on Flickr

11154335445_04f8e3f542_b.png

11154317555_1938df9bfa_b.png

11154435564_f1c4a1f442_b.png

Found a few little niggles that'll need rectifying as well as a few upgrades in the brake and turbo cooling department but that'll be in the new year now as the car will be coming off the road soon until around March/April until the worst of the crap weather has passed.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Love it. Can't be a fast ford without an outward rolled tip.

I really need to get my arse in gear and come and see this before it goes away for the winter.