ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

forget vts vs 172/182 how boat vti vs 172/182

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
every one seams to talk about saxo vts vs 172/182 i think every ones forgot about the honda civic 160bhp vti especilly the eariler ones j reg k reg they were well quick esppecilly with a lttle tweak.my mate got a earl one and he pisses over saxo vts he said its quicker then his brother ctr.

I was wondering has any raced 1 before coz theres loads of wannabees vti out there as well butt how would a rs fair agaist 1:rasp:

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
think cars only had to be fitted with cats from about K reg, so thats maby why early ones were faster?

guy i know has one stripped with buckets and a couple of mods (inc. a Vtec controler what ever that does?!) ive never been in it but ment to be fukin rapid!

lawrence

ClioSport Club Member
  is non-existent
vtec contoller allows to set whent he vtec comes into play ie lower down the revs or higher up etc etc

A Grey Slab (Audi Estate)
If you see one of the older Civics ("P" reg'ish) with a TypeR badge on it dont be fooled in to thinking its a vti with a badge on it. This was an import only and is good for 0-60 in about 5.5ish seconds if my memory serves me right.

Snotter's
there quick but not that quick ek 9 has a 1.6 lump pushing out 180 bhp,they are in the mid 6's to 60 but they cost more than a 172 and are much older

Golf GTI PP Mk7
one of my friends has the 1.6 VTEC 160bhp and it is blidingly rapid, easily keeps up with my cup.

I always fancied one of those Litchfield Imports Integras.... Preferably in white - reckon they look superb.

Which reminds me: wouldn't Renault make a killing if they rebodied the 182 chassis with a little coupe shape. That way it'd be a funky little Honda CRX style coupe, with a lower centre of gravity than the normal 182. They could make it really cheap to, as nearly all the development costs are written of in the old shape Clio mechanicals.

Any opinions?

Lux'd Glacier White R26
Rapid little cars! You wouldn't be able to lose one...EK9..Different matter all together!!

Tyson.

1.6 Astra ... R.I.P. 182
SOHROB said:
there quick but not that quick ek 9 has a 1.6 lump pushing out 180 bhp,they are in the mid 6's to 60 but they cost more than a 172 and are much older

the ek9's are 5.5 to 60.

for a 1.6 they are f**king rapid and would take one anyday.

A number of clios
i load of my mate have them but none can keep with my mates yellow 172 down the bypass, leave me for dead though lol

glasgow182 said:
the ek9's are 5.5 to 60.

for a 1.6 they are f**king rapid and would take one anyday.

mostly down to gearing though.. apparantly after 60 theyre not 'that' quick..

RS-1, Bebop, CTR
The EK9 are sub-6 to 60, but afer that they're not all that hot, they do a 1/4 mile in the mid 15's and hit the ton in 'round 17s.

I'd pick an intergra over ek9 anyday.