ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Forward Thinking . .

I know Im bias but do you not think Renault did a propper good job when origionally designing the Clio Phase 1?

Considering it was done about 15 years ago it has aged REALLY well, It still looks great.

The sun was shining today so by default its car washing time so after an hour polishing I sat back and smiled.

Just thought I would share this with you all

Tom (gleaming RSI on the drive)

GR7

Shiny red R32

I have to agree with what you say. No matter how old the Clio is, it doesnt really look dated, in much the same way as the original Mini (just as long as it is in a very good and clean condition). The same goes for the old Ford XR2i which I prefer the look of rather than the newer Fiesta. There are some very clean examples of the XR2i in the Edinburgh area.

Gtturbo is a design classic too (as far as hothatches go anyway) the only thing i had done to mine in terms of cosmetics were wheels and the graphics removed from the sides and it still turned so many heads when it was clean and polished up, not bad for an old motor

GR7

Shiny red R32

The 5 GT Turbo and Raider have loads of character and the Pug 205 GTi has really aged well.

Was a Clio 1.8 16v

Quote: Originally posted by GirlRacer on 04 April 2003

The 5 GT Turbo and Raider have loads of character and the Pug 205 GTi has really aged well.
I think ure seeing through it and into its cult image giving u nostalgia & fooling ur brain into liking its looks. I REALLY like both those cars but i dont think that is due to the looks (sub-conciously).

If u were to ask someone who couldnt care less about cars & simply asked them thier opnion on the looks of a R5 GTT or a 205 GTi, what do you think there answer would be? ;)

Was a Clio 1.8 16v

Thats a strange answer. ;)

But even though u still find the Mk1 attractive they have still made the 172! Woman like cars all have best before dates. :cool: