ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Forza 3

05 Plate MG ZR 105 Trophy
what would be cool is if they linked the game to whatever time your xbox is.... so if it was middle of the day when you were playing it would be daylight....if the sun was rising or setting it would match that so you would have sun glare... and if it was night it would be night in the game. that would be sweet

dont really give a s**t about weather either

MSR on the Dreamcast had all that & for me is still a really enjoyable game. It was really nice knowing that you were driving in Tokyo at night and that it was the real time of day & then race in London where it was mostly Cloudy (so true pmsl), also had the radio stations which were reflected on the time of day as well :) i.e. Night Radio at Tokyo or vice versa. For some reason, most driving games from then on didn't include real night time/day cycles which was a massive shame given that most racing games try and be as realistic as possible. IMHO nothing has come close to MSR since tbh & even the PGR series on which the MSR developers where founded didn't really shine above the former franchise.

Forza is different though as its a pure racing game, where as MSR/PGR was mostly street racing & Forza's marketed as such. Just think its a huge shame as I would love to be playing Forza while the game is shifting from Day to Night and vice versa tbh or is raining on different bits of the Nurburgring and how the grip would change according to conditions, then allowing you to rewind lol. Class :approve:!.

To do all those things with the limitations of current hardware, and to a realistic level, and within a timeframe that is acceptable to the general public (even if you forget about the development costs of a project that goes on for years without and income until release) is a massive and unrealistic ask sadly.

fcv8na.jpg
wckc54.jpg

245f38w.jpg

Ditto, if it hadn't been announced that T10 were in bed with Audi you'd have sussed it by now with the amount of coverage they're getting. On the plus side in the first pic it looks like a very blurred 993!

Ditto, if it hadn't been announced that T10 were in bed with Audi you'd have sussed it by now with the amount of coverage they're getting. On the plus side in the first pic it looks like a very blurred 993!

Aye I think FM has the rights to Porsche as they sure as hell won't be in GT5!

Who knows, cant be exclusive at the turd peddlers of NFS (EA) have got Porsches in their games too!

BTW some more good news posted by Che today
Yes, the build at Gamescom is the E3 build... which means cockpits are at 30 instead of 60 like they are now. And you're right, the game does look better now that we are closer to ship. Even Camino Viejo has improved

I suspect that even stripped out you'll still have the same view tbh. I'm guessing the only cars we'll see a bare interior on are the race cars. Only time will tell though.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
To be honest I'll never race with the interior camera anyway, so it's a bit wasted on me (although it would be good for the picture mode)... I'd still prefer no interior views and more cars/tracks etc. They can't please everyone though :(

They've been playing with lighting, reflections etc lately so the models and environments should look more real as they get closer to completion. The latest round of pics have been better than the early ones that's for sure.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
I feel dirty after looking at these pics, and dammit I want more!

Can't wait for this game!

Chris V6 255

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 255, 182 Trophy
Some info off computerandvideogames.com

"When a game like Forza Motorsport 2 comes along, taking a decent original game and propelling it into the next generation with a near definitive experience, it's hard to imagine what a second sequel could do. In Forza 3's case, it's really rather simple. The same, but BIGGER. And from the looks of things, that's exactly what we're going to get.
During a behind-closed-doors showing of the game, product manager Amritz Lay was eager to point out the new game's many numerical superiorities over its predecessor. There are now 400 cars and 100 tracks, 220 career events instead of 90, The poly count's increased tenfold and the textures are four times as detailed.
But we won't be swayed by mere statistics. The size of the game wasn't what needed fixing in Forza 2. In fact, the focus on these figures only makes us think perhaps the series has run out of ideas. Especially when it is pointed out that the bulge and roll of each tyre is now simulated and rendered in 3D, 'affecting' how the car handles. To be honest, we probably won't notice that particular difference.
What we really wanted to know was whether the new game has a soul. Forza 2, impeccable though it was in the simulation department, left many gamers feeling a little detached. The tracks were too clean, the presentation was minimalist... everything just felt a bit sterile. So it was with bated breath that we waited for the new build to load.
The good news is, our time with the game felt great, primarily because the sensation of weight is spot-on. Not in the inertia nightmare kind of way that PS3's Supercar Challenge beats you up with, either. These cars feel like their wheels are physically rolling over tarmac and the game is ready to respond to any flick of the steering wheel or feather of the throttle.
Of course, there's a technical explanation for this. The physics engine here is running at 360 frames per second. So every time you see one frame of the action, the car's position and inertia has been computed six times. Geek mode cancel. In layman's terms it means the car behaves like a car.
The game's front end is currently still too sterile and the voice of Peter Egan talking you through the game is about as phoned-in as you can get without a crackle and a handkerchief. If you've heard LittleBigPlanet's commentary from Stephen Fry, you'll know exactly what this is not like. Though strikingly similar, there's little charm and zero comedy on display here.
Of course it's a shame that you'll have to race Le Mans in 24 hours of brilliant sunshine as there's no wet weather or night-time driving. Also the addition of a 'one button' acceleration and braking system for beginners is definitely taking the driver assists one step too far. Surely nobody's that stupid?
But when you look at the returning community features, a 'rewind' button borrowed from Race Driver GRID, the devastatingly deep customisation options (which span from adjusting suspensions to completely reworking your car's parts and decals) and the fact that this has damage where Gran Turismo 5 Prologue doesn't, there's no denying this is threatening to become the ultimate console racing sim.
The team's motto may be 'to make gamers become car enthusiasts and car enthusiasts become gamers', but we reckon it'll at least make more gamers like Forza Motorsport. The game is scheduled for release on Xbox 360 on October 23 in Europe."