ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Forza 3

Without having to look through 28 pages, do we know if we are going to get pops and flames from the exhausts and a decent sounding turbo / blow off valve sounds similar to PGR4 which was perfect imo ? :D

Most recent info I've read posted by one of the guys from Project Blackjack (lucky f**k got to spend 8 days playing Forza 3) said the sounds were awesome on the game, that 300+ cars had been recorded for the audio at the point he played the game and more were being done as he typed. As for pops and cracks etc IIRC he said that they were audible and he insinuated that T10 may have been trying to implement something visual but he was able to confirm what and whether it would make it into the game.

Amongst other things he said it's ruined Forza 2 for him as he can't face to play it again after having a taste of Forza 3, he says it's that much better!

Some screen caps from Neogaf.
the 7's initial cars in career mode

x1hx50.jpg

new user interface
2d1ux47.jpg

"screensaver" mode in menus
wakhlc.jpg

events select screen
2hojyw8.jpg

Season Play mode screen
1zwg1v4.jpg

quick-upgrade tool
2qd7iuo.jpg

Yup they are. I'm guessing the Yaris, Fit or the Fester would be the ones to go for if you're thinking of power mods later on. K swap the Fit, RS lump in the Fezza, or Supra lump in the Yaris.

Big or otherwise I expect there will be an option, lets face it they let you do drivetrain swaps which would clearly require expensive body mods so a tweeked bulkhead isnt going to be a concern.

That off Twitter Alex? He threw a strop over on the Forza forum the other day saying he wouldn't post up any more on there so I hadn't bothered checking since, lol.

Oddly he seems to be pretty blunt/rude with people on the official forum yet very chatty and helpful over on neogaf :S

Seems in a better mood now despite it probably being about 2am where he is, lol
nurbw.jpg

Single-player is so damn addictive. Stayed up till 2am playing career mode last night and played on and off at the office all day long. As some of you saw from our Twitter image, I'm currently level 16 (well, actually 17 now) and about a quarter of the way through season 3.
What I like about the career mode this time around is that you're never at a loss as to what you should do next since the game always presents you with 3 options: Find a race series in your current car; See new tracks; or Drive new cars.
And through out my 10 or so hours of playing right now, my vehicular whimsies have gone from dropping stupid amounts of money into my Abarth 500 (now up to a respectable A class but hardly drivable -- FWD with 350+ hp was retarded with fatal understeer and torque steer while a RWD conversion meant I was basically drifting every corner due to its short wheel-base), to buying and moderately tweaking my real life cars (B5 S4 and NA gen Miata), to splurging $150k on a F430 with mods. With each evolution, I was able to always find an event to exploit my car du jour.
Dan tells me one complete career cycle is about 50 hours long before you hit level 50, and even then you won't have seen all the events in the game. For instance, I haven't done my first drag race yet, but have seen plenty of point-to-point action against the AI. I still hope to do a podcast with him this week but it's looking unlikely we'll be able to get it online with all hands on deck for production. We'll see.
Another interesting aspect of FM3 is that I'm finding gameplay rewind to be a very important feature for how the single-player game paces and flows together. Because I can essentially correct my mistakes at will (well, unless you rewind to a just-previous bad spot and continue mistakenly), I'm imposing new challenges for myself during each race. Challenges like no contact with any other cars, no damage on cars, no off-track expeditions, clean replays which I can save and watch later, racing against hard AI, turning off all assists as well as all HUD, etc. Basically, I'm playing the game at a much higher (and more pure IMO) difficulty but there's none of the frustration there that I would typically encounter with a genre that's typically very punishing of mistakes.
My garage is now filling up with cars. I've been quite surprised with how generous the career leveling gifts have been. I got a Ferrari California recently, and my last gift car was a M3 GTR. I want to play more but I didn't bring the devkit home tonight.
More thoughts and impressions as I continue to play. Also will post some pics if possible (due to manufacturer licensing/approvals reasons). Also, I cannot post pictures of Porsches in our game so don't ask.

Apparently Licencing red tape has made getting Porsche shots past Porsche's marketing department and approved a royal pain in the ass so they've decided not to bother. There's some suggestion that this is a result of EA's agreements due to the inclusion of Porsche's in the NFS series.

Unfortunately, lol. Visually a break from the usual environments but f**k me is a boring track to drive.

Apparently keep an eye out on the 24th of Sept for something big. Not sure if it's a massive reveal of some surprises T10 may be holding back or it's the release of the demo.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Getting my Xbox 360 elite soon, think this will be on the list to buy!

Anyone care to give me a rough run down of how it works? I have a live account I use for GTA online so assume I can use that, but you have to buy cars? Is this with in game credits or real money?!

SQ5
Getting my Xbox 360 elite soon, think this will be on the list to buy!

Anyone care to give me a rough run down of how it works? I have a live account I use for GTA online so assume I can use that, but you have to buy cars? Is this with in game credits or real money?!

Such a n00b ;)

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
f**k YOU :( Not had a shitty console since my original playstation when I was a boy, real men have decent PC's.

Another one of the Alfa.
26335171-333709bdfe350ebddc1c44998f.jpg

Apparently looks like T10 have finished the game and are submitting it to MS.

Che said it's going to be a very Forza weekend and they'll be enjoying the fruits of their labour. Fingers crossed this means he's packed up the game and a dev kit and will be posting pics over the weekend as he plays through the career.

03 RS clio 172 flameR
racing sims will never be truly great on sexbox untill the logitec G25 race wheel is compatible, untill then gtr evolution is the only one for me