ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Forza 4

Favourite Forza 4 Circuit?

• Total voters
Let me get this straight, because I'm living in the era of noob on FM4 it would seem.

You set the game to manual w/ clutch.

Set clutch to 'A' button.

Then don't use it? Surely this ruins the gearbox?!?

Homo spec mazda
no you do use it, but instead of lifting to change gear as you would in a real car you just keep the throttle planted.

DCi
On a pad, using the clutch is a small exploit. It allows you to flat shift, so you lose less speed than having the game clutch for you. The revs remain maxed and it lunges the car forward a little in the lower gears.

Run against a ghost who's doing it, and he'll be a car ahead in to the first corner.

It's just like using no clutch, you just press two buttons at once. Using it on a wheel is a f****ng nightmare though!

Just out of interest - is flat shifting the best way to go as fast as possible.

I'm pretty new to manual clutch but first impression felt like if you lift off, when you shift, the engine doesn't hit the limiter and you can get the power on quicker than just holding it down.

you's will know more than me though

I still think it's stupid to get an extra car length off your time they make you press 2 buttons to change gear instead of 1... there is no point in it what so ever

also just fyi hardcore mode is also silly :rasp:

Nippy white cup
How the hell do you press A and B (for example) and lift off briefly/brake for downshifts, all at the same time?

Its almost like heel toe...use the side of your thumb to roll on the a button and the gear up/down button...works really well and I don't think I could play without it now...and flat shifting seb? You noob x

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
How the hell do you press A and B (for example) and lift off briefly/brake for downshifts, all at the same time?

Practice ;)

I've always used the clutch in 4, the first week of release I was killing all the gays off here at the start, until they became less homo and discovered the clutch.

I also don't see any benefit time wise from flat shifting compared to lifting off the throttle when using manual clutch. Full manual is SO much rewarding to play with too, plus clutch kicking and engine breaking can be helpful.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
no you do use it, but instead of lifting to change gear as you would in a real car you just keep the throttle planted.

Is that what you do?!

LOL. I think I'm right in saying that we all lift?

Otherwise you spike the revs and lose traction.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Its almost like heel toe...use the side of your thumb to roll on the a button and the gear up/down button...works really well and I don't think I could play without it now...and flat shifting seb? You noob x

LOL.

Yep, that's a good way of explaining it. Same as I do.

Feels great blipping the throttle when downshifting and braking. :eek:

DCi
I really need to change the clutch to A so that I dont have to heel toe the clutch when I'm braking with the bottom of my finger pressing LB

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah I tried it on LB at first and its hard as f**k. Using it on A is much much easier I cant believe I didnt try it before.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
What we doing? Standard 200 around the ring? Will give it a go after work.

Fiesta ST
9:24 clean lap. Can definitely get in the teens but I'm too cautious when the lap is still clean.

Nothing at the mo :(
Hey how does one go about joining the cs club for forza?

All if anyone wants a race add me. My gamertag is bouncing slinky

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Chris or AK need to invite you and you need to be on there friends list for them to invite you.

I would but I cant send the invites.

DCi
help me setup my car-

I have 2 front engine RWD cars - one has good handling but as soon as there is a bump in the road we have major issues
the other is mint apart from it understeers a little bit on turn in and under acceleration.

what settings do I need to change i have no idea!

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Short wheelbase cars converted to be RWD are a bad idea. They just go with little or no warning.

Even if you catch it, it'll more than likely spit you the other way when you do. Either than or you'll be really slow because you're always fighting it.