ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Forza 4

Favourite Forza 4 Circuit?

• Total voters

AK

M240i
I'm saving this for when X factor is on!

The Zonda R vid at Infineon Raceway includes definate flames spat 23 seconds in! And the Cinque is in, hopefully there'll be 'F' variants aswell!

Re: Porsches, if they have RUF will they have any Gemballa, Techart, 9FF aswell?

On that vid the Ferrari does it a couple of times.

RUF were very late to the party so there'll be a lot more added via DLC.

No there wont be, in fairness it's bad enough having the Ruf instead of the Porsche's. The reason you wont see Tech-art/Gemballa etc are because Ruf are recognised as a manufacturer in their own right, the others are just tuners.

getphoto.ashx81s8vt.jpg

getphoto.ashx8q8ma.jpg

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
demo is next tuesday unfortunatly :( needs to come soon else im gunna go to turn 10 hq and steal a copy for myself

Fabia VRS & Yeti
No there wont be, in fairness it's bad enough having the Ruf instead of the Porsche's. The reason you wont see Tech-art/Gemballa etc are because Ruf are recognised as a manufacturer in their own right, the others are just tuners.
I thought the laws regarding what can be called a manufacturer/tuner etc were different in Germany though? I'm sure 9ff is regarded as a manufacturer in Germany according to their site they are 9ff Gmbh http://9ff.de/en/9ff-die-firma/die-9ff-story.html

Some feedback from one of the lads on the Forza forum who was sent a copy early by Turn 10.

The speed effect seems quite a bit faster than FM3. It is true that you are rewarded for your FM3 accomplishments and you are able to import ALL of your vinyl groups. The graphics look much better than FM3 and the driving physics feel great, IMO it feels more realistic. I've seen a little bit of frame rate slow down when there are like 12 cars in the camera shot but nothing too bad. There is also a steering setting under difficulty, with it set to simulation the car handling is very realistic. It's easy to snap spin the car if you are not carefull. My only gripe is the braking feel which seems to require a bit more modulation than I'm used to in order to keep from locking up the wheels, even with ABS on. I think I recieved 60,000cr for FM3 accomplishments plus a load of free cars (nice). Sadly there are no Porsches but we do have RUF which is cool.
So far I've been peddling around in career mode trying to make some money. I'm really loving the handling/physics, definately the most convincing of any driving game I've ever played. Driving with the steering set on simulation is amazing. Excellent stuff. One nice surprise was the inclusion of a certain real life track I wasn't expecting. Hopefully we can expect one or two more DLC tracks later.
Other details I've noted.

*The cars backfire and flame out.

*The sound is improved. Great tire noises give some aural feedback as to how close to the traction limit you are.

*Camera settings in photo mode are pretty much the same but the game has a completely different look which may require new settings.

*Looks like upgrade and tuning options are basically the same but don't have enough cash yet to fully test this theory.

*You will be able to buy in-game money with Microsoft Points. You basically buy tokens that are worth a certain amount of game credits. Doesn't look like this feature is live yet though.
*Also, all of the old tracks have been updated and have a completely different look to what your used to. All of the real world tracks I've seen so far look like they have been updated to current specs. Nice, also you can race at different times of day on individual tracks which adds some nice variety.
--------------------------------
I played quite a while last night. Spent a good amount of time in the paint booth transfering my 908 livery which is the hardest livery I could've chosen but I thought I'd just jump in the deep end. Here are some notes I took.

*Lighting in the paintbooth is awesome. You can finally see the rear of the car clearly.

*There are two pages of new community submitted vinyl shapes as well as all the old shapes.

*No new fonts and mostly the same manufacturer decals.

*Unexpectedly, old vinyls that looked jaggedy in FM3 are sharp and clean in the new game.

*One thing I was dissappointed about is that metalic paint shows thru vinyl layers worse than ever. This means I had to radically alter my 908 replica which used metalic base in FM3.

*I was also able to get my old camera settings to work in the new game surprisingly.

*Storefronts work the same as in FM3, still 18 slots for designs.

It's not perfect so don't expect that although I do believe Turn10 has owned Polyphony Digital this time and obviously the Need For Speed franchise is Tinker Toys compared to this. Well done Turn10 and thank you..

I'd imagine it'll be fine with a pad. Cars were far more tail happy in Forza 2 than Forza 3 and we managed fine. The steering assist (which you can't turn off) in 3 basically compensated for crazy lock to lock moves which is all well and good for noobs but for people who wanted to drift or simply not be nannied it was a bit of a nuisance at times.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
I'd imagine it'll be fine with a pad. Cars were far more tail happy in Forza 2 than Forza 3 and we managed fine. The steering assist (which you can't turn off) in 3 basically compensated for crazy lock to lock moves which is all well and good for noobs but for people who wanted to drift or simply not be nannied it was a bit of a nuisance at times.

i was thinking it will be pretty good for drifting as you can get the oposite lock in there alot quicker. but just hope its not to jerky say on the ring going 150+ dont want a little nudge on the pad to send you flying off the track. i hope it will be alright and even if its abit "harsh" at first i will try and get used to it.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I'm going to use the Sim steering just for the challenge TBH, even if it takes some getting used to.

It'd be pretty sh*t not to use it considering most of us don't use any assists or ABS on 3.

The spoiler animation's a welcome addition! :cool:

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
The only thing I don't play with is the clutch, but if I had a pedal set with a clutch pedal I would.

Simulation steering FTW.