ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Forza 4

Favourite Forza 4 Circuit?

• Total voters
GetPhoto.ashx

GetPhoto.ashx

GetPhoto.ashx

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
Some of them pics look class.

No doubt ill purchase. Getting the time to play it is what I need though :(

Sent from Bonxys BlackBerry using Tapatalk.

Fiesta ST-3
Can't wait for some of the fun online stuff that will no doubt happen... amongst the epic CS ring battles, i think a few games of topgear football and such will be a great laugh online.

CBR1K, F21 125D
Wasn't going to get this as I hated the way forza drove, loved the looks, but not he gameplay... I'll give this one a go.

AK

M240i
Virtual Motorsports has been lucky enough to recieve a full copy of the eagerly anticipated Forza Motorsport 4, 15 days before it's released to the general public, and as such, we are opening our doors to the community for them to ask any questions they want to about the game or any aspect within it. We will endeavour to answer as many questions as possible, so feel free to ask!

9029d1317062783-some-q-fm4_presale1-png

The opening post will be udpated to show all answered questions for your reading ease.

The setup being used whilst playtesting is as follows:

Device: Steering wheel
Transmission: Manual(Clutch)
Camera angle: 1st Person (Hood)
Useful Information: Every assist off, simulation model physics

How many Volvo's?
There are 4:
1983 242 Turbo Evolution
2009 C30 R-Design
2004 S60R
2011 S60 R-Design

What is your opinion of the new career mode?
Better than 2 and 3. It takes you to a track in the world and you choose what event to race there, a bit like the trio it would give you to choose from in FM3's season play. You never know where the World Tour will take you next. They even have multi-class in Career mode! Did a race in D class cars whilst the AI drover another class of S class cars. It was Camino Viejo so was a bit crazy but still cool! 6 cars per class on that track was a bit mental.

Is tire wear and fuel linked like in FM3?
Unfortunately so, and is the case in online lobbies.

Is there still an AWD dominance or at least appear like that there will be?
No way to tell until cars are built and tuned properly by someone who knows what they're doing.

Is there a big difference in the driving physics?
When you turn the driving physics from standard to sim, then yes. Race on the hardest settings possible, even an F-199 Citroen C1 (FWD) is easy to lose.

Are there different tire compounds? For example soft, medium, hard?
No tire compounds like real racing as of yet.

Are there different tire compounds? For example soft, medium, hard? Or just drag racing and slicks?
Not seen drag yet but no tire compounds like real racing as of yet.

Where would FM4 sit on this scale in terms of physics?
1 - Ridge Racer
2 -
3 -
4 - PGR 4, TDU 2
5 - GRID, NFS Shift 2
6 - FM3
7 - GT5
7.4 - FM4
8 - rFactor
9 - GTR 2
10 - iRacing

Could change as I try other cars with more power.

Is aero damage repairable?
I don't know yet if its repairable in the pits, but I've heard it's not.

Is the Silverstone Arena circuit in the game?
I dont think so and it's also old Silverstone.

Are "Forza Motorsport" bumpers and wings still the only ones with adjustable downforce?
As far as I have found on owned cars, yes.

Is it right that only vinyl groups transfer from FM3 or can we take a full livery?
You can transfer every vinyl group you had in your FM3 catalogue into FM4 with one hit of a button. Takes a minute or two but takes everything, including bought locked vinyls. They remain locked also. Full liveries no as the map has changed per car.

What's the autocross like?
Honestly not found it yet.

If i buy 10 Lexus LFA will I recieve 10 when i load up Forza 4 or just 1?
You dont carry cars over from FM3 to FM4. Just rewarded based on your Driver Level in FM3. Driver level 50 will (in FM3 saved game) will get more rewards than driver level 23 when you boot up FM4, regardless of garage size and money gained.

What are the user hosted lobby options are they the same as Forza 2 or more or less?
The settings are pretty much the same as how you set up a private lobby in FM3 although you can categorize it for searches. So if you want to just search drag racing custom lobbies, you can, or cat & mouse, that too. You can also name your lobby, example: VM SPEC R2 Lobby 3. Cool eh?

Is there Mazda Speed3 or any version of the Mazda 3?
2009 Mazdaspeed 3 & 2005 Axela Sport 23S - very similar models both in game.

Do weight reductions take out factory seats and replace them with after market seats?
I can't really look at the seats.

What type of drag tires are in game? Does drag have the reaction tree?
Havent tried/found drag racing yet.

What are the American stock cars?
Only Chevy and Ford are available and have the same statistics and rating. These are liveried with basic liveries though not just blank white.

What are the replays options like?
Same as FM3.

Are the leaderboards seperate for sim and normal modes or does it tell you whos using what?
Not online yet.

Is the force feedback better than GT5? GT5 has way better feedback than Forza 3.
Cannot compare this as you're asking me to compare different wheels on different consoles.

Is there any info whatsoever about creating a car club? Can you choose a club tag even if someone else has already registered an identical one? Any pictures?
My Forza (4) is down atm but will take pics later. Clubs are also down. They were up not so long ago apparently though, will just have to wait

What do the engine noises exhausts sound like? Are they improved from FM3?
Much better and immersive. Even down to the tires and skidding. Sounds have improved a lot.

Does the Dodge Stock Car still have that ridiculous lean to it? Also is the new 2011 or 2012 dodge charger in game?
Only Chevrolet and Ford are included.

How's the headtracking? Will it be worth shelling out for Kinect?
I don't have Kinect so cannot rate the headtracking.

Is the Lamborghini Aventador a unicorn? I haven't seen a PI listed in most of the car lists posted, leading me to believe it might not be available from the in-game dealership?
I can't see this car in the garage available for purchase.

Can you compare Forza 3 to Forza 4 when it comes to force feedback?
Logitech DriveFX - Feels the same in terms of feedback. Not fiddled with advanced wheel settings via options yet though.

Does the exhaust sound change when you install other exhausts? Will it be noticable?
I bought a stock Mitsubishi Evo X. With the stock parts it sounded like an Evo X. Next I installed a Race Exhaust. The sound changed significantly. It sounded a little more meatier with the grunt but the racing exhaust added such a loud metallic roar to the revs, more noticeable the higher up the revs you went.

Are able to be part of more than one club at a time?
You can only be part of one club and only create one club per profile. Which includes multi-genres. You can't be in a Circuit-racing club and a Tuning club simultaneously. Thats all I know but for now clubs are down and I cannot view them.

When you create a tune or a paint, do you have a option to lock or not lock?
Paints via Storefront - No option so am guessing locked only
Tunes via Storefont - Same as above

Auctions - cannot test as server was unavailable.

Are we able to paint the rims 'properly' White, as opposed to the old 'silvery/white'?
No brilliant white I'm afraid. Same as FM3's silvery white.

Is there a search feature for your personal vinyl groups section? eg can I search my own logo's by name?
No just a scrolling bos like FM3 but RB/LB skip faster than before.

Reports say there are now 290 events (220 in Forza 3). Is this correct as I have also heard reports of 310 events?
I can see and count 290.

Has the length of events been dumbed down or can you still get some decent 10 to 15 min races?
F/E class - 2-3 lap races, can't see R class races yet but for example the A class Championship has GP size races on 5-8 Laps.

Each event in Forza 3 had between 3 and 6 races (except R1 which had 13). Do a lot of the events have at least 6 races?
Yes. Some even more than 6.

In Forza 3 when selecting races from an Event in the EVENT LIST you could not run a "series" race and only single races. Can you now race the races as a series? (again I refer to via the EVENT LIST and not world tour)
From Event List, championships are ran as single races and not as series from what I have experienced so far.

Please describe whether the Event List has Time Trials and details of what type of events we can expect apart from single races and drag (which were the only type available in Forza 3 EVENT LIST).
What I have encountered in World Tour and seen in Season Play:
- Circuit Racing
- Multiclass Racing
- 1v1 racing through a never-ending traffic line of slower cars
- Passing Challenge
- Autocross
- Speedway (oval) Racing
- Mountain chase (similar to 1v1 traffic racing but on Fujimi)
- Top Gear challenges (bowling)

Are backfires visible and audible from the AI?
Yes.

:)

AK

M240i
This makes me happy:

Does the exhaust sound change when you install other exhausts? Will it be noticable?
I bought a stock Mitsubishi Evo X. With the stock parts it sounded like an Evo X. Next I installed a Race Exhaust. The sound changed significantly. It sounded a little more meatier with the grunt but the racing exhaust added such a loud metallic roar to the revs, more noticeable the higher up the revs you went.

And this makes me sad:

Are we able to paint the rims 'properly' White, as opposed to the old 'silvery/white'?
No brilliant white I'm afraid. Same as FM3's silvery white.

However, to me they look white, so that'll do!

getphoto.ashx23sp0x.jpg

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
doesn't seem to me like that guy is very good at answering questions.

1 - Ridge Racer
2 -
3 -
4 - PGR 4, TDU 2
5 - GRID, NFS Shift 2
6 - FM3
7 - GT5
7.4 - FM4
8 - rFactor
9 - GTR 2
10 - iRacing

REALLY!!?? I doubt it.

LY R26 #288
That sucks about the wheels. And the replay system is the same! Somehow I didn't like the replay system in fm3.

I'd question the replay response, several of the green disc owners have said the camera angles are much improved and I'm yet to see any footage with the focus on one car kind of camera pans that everyone hated on FM2 & 3.

Nippy white cup
1 - Ridge Racer
2 -
3 -
4 - PGR 4, TDU 2
5 - GRID, NFS Shift 2
6 - FM3
7 - GT5
7.4 - FM4
8 - rFactor
9 - GTR 2
10 - iRacing

That is probably about right....its not a top 10 but a rating out of ten.

As for the Replay comment I think he means the UI is the same on the replays, not the actual quality of the cams/graphics which by all accounts seems to be much better

Chris

Some repost in there, the muscle car video was ages back as for the damage pics I'd not posted them up as they looked cack lol as does the Golf.

socute38qf.jpg

AK

M240i
LOL, ok :(.

The damage does look a bit naff... That RS is sex though.

The Golf was more for the exhausts, did the tips change when you modded them in F3, I can't remember.

Nope, tailpipes changed with bumpers on some cars. Damage looks improved as per some of the shots I posted but once you get heavy damage it looks terrible.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Unfortunately it's just a homespace location.

:dapprove:

Was just about to ask the same question.

Lol @ the lack of white wheels again! WTF T10? I'm no game developer and my knowledge is very limited, but seriously...how hard can it be?! I like the idea of de-spoilering though!

Regardless, Forza for me is all about the driving experience - which is sounding promising! Very much excite, need to order it tonight since it's payday :D