ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Frayz's 550bhp+ Prodrive edition Impreza build...

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
There's a mans weapon in that shell. A personal favourite of mine as well. A lump hammer. Lol!

Looks a good project this. Never been a fan of the bug eye, but you don't seem to notice them so much with the black paintwork.

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Looking good.
Do you use the car for track work or anything, or is it just an awesome hobby?

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
Cage feet and hole plugging today.

f70250b8cae63b5815c4176e0aa6eaec_zpsc3920dd9.jpg

3433d6ed4d249252d7900bb6d011a5fa_zpscc4af0e1.jpg

37d06e8a4cf02f602368bf2f63832c17_zps11831284.jpg

62e8acd1b1af351fb701c580db900f0d_zps102cc4d6.jpg

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Looks epic, but should have got them to Tig it, so much neater!

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
Prodrive did extensive testing on WRC cages and MIG was proven better for the job at the time.
Besides, if the welds are as clean as that, why would I need TIG?

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
I know it's probably in the thread somewhere and is a silly question, but I take it you're turning it into a proper race car to do....time attacks?

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
It's keeping a heater and functional front windows. That's it.
I carried around AC and a radio I never ever used so they're gone.
Doors will be completely gutted and just wear some carbon door cards.

Focus st3 & t5.1 day
Daft question but when will it be ready/somewhat finished

I met you at css13 and it was one of the reasons I wanted a subaru! Be awesome to have another chat and nose around it again sometime!

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
Big progress today. Cage was dropped to weld the tops and the screen got its corner gussets. Tomorrow the centre cross will be boxed in to the swan neck. But still my favourite part to come and they're the WRC a pillar gussets. :D

image.jpg1_zps9hffuqmf.jpg

image.jpg5_zps0amxh6xt.jpg

image.jpg1_zpspi9jgk9i.jpg

image.jpg8_zpsorjlnan2.jpg

image.jpg11_zpsciwhxylo.jpg

image.jpg4_zpsoarncuoq.jpg

image.jpg6_zpsrgl06iuk.jpg

image.jpg9_zps97bulmiu.jpg

image.jpg10_zpsu49gcmtu.jpg

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
Can I ask..how does that pass an mot? Surely that's a safety issue no? Talking about the cage making it awkward to get into the car. I'd personally love it but don't see how it could pass?

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
Same as any WRC car gets its MOT. Since when did getting in and out easily be an MOT requirement?
I could argue that a very overweight person will have a tougher time getting out of a lotus Elise or VX220 than I will getting in and out of mine.

Every WRC car has an MOT and tax disc as they're driven on the road between stages.

53 Clio's & counting
looking fantastic mate - will the cage be attached to the bulkhead or possibly carried though to suspension turrets?