ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Frayz's 550bhp+ Prodrive edition Impreza build...

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
Dash bar and sill tubes in.
EA201F5A-DA34-41D6-BCC3-B511920759B7_zpspwuhgzxf.jpg

519ABFA2-17FF-4DAE-9D7C-7A55D9C7A0CA_zpsmirbmdwr.jpg

Matt_90

ClioSport Club Member
  Sprint/climb 106 gti
Nope. It will be an ornament I'll never drive :smiley:

:eek:penmouth:.... Get it in the forest or atleast on some tarmac events lol!

Get it built to meet regs (Not hard) MSA logbook.. BARS test, overalls, helmet, gloves. Then get it dirty in the forest were it belongs, or if you don't want to drive, I would happily and maybe let you co-drive! :tongueout:

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
It's already being built to regs should I fancy detuning it for rally.
It would be a Tarmac car should I ever feel that way. It will have all the right bits as far as the bodyshell is concerned.
I'd need to drop turbo size quite considerably though.

Matt_90

ClioSport Club Member
  Sprint/climb 106 gti
I am not sure you would for national events, aslong as the CC is the same worst case you end up in a different class.
Glad to see you considered it though, looking forward to seeing the cage all painted, you decided on a colour for the cage?

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah paint has been purchased. But you'll have to wait and see. Unfortunately wedding this year and house has halted any competition plans with it. But something in future to consider.

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
All sorts of odds and sods jobs being done still. Screen gusset is in progress, I think Daves still playing with the design of this.

Also painstakingly spot welded in heaps of tiny little 20mm straps for all the wiring, brake lines and fuel lines. Little details like these take ages.

C5E2E567-73F9-48F5-B01D-31B2A6FC1118_zpsbojb9fbp.jpg

8c8ceec5057db0356327565b84ebf4cb_zpsxlfienbi.jpg

Focus st3 & t5.1 day
Oh just when you thought it couldn't get more awesome!!

You pull that out the bag..

The word gets over used but EPIC!!

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
Massive thanks to Damien Bradley and Steven Darley for helping me source probably one o the rarest WRC parts out there for a bugeye.
Genuine Prodrive S8 Tarmac splitter/skid pan in autoclave carbon.

This is the real deal and will suit the car perfectly as it fits right up to the underside of the WRC front bumper. They only made the S8 cars for a year in 2002, then they only had this particular splitter on tarmac events, so there can't be that many of them around.

1FEEC037-660A-468A-8450-EC5ABD840A30_zpsv1owmzxd.jpg

BD4C1DFB-0E71-4A1A-8954-F0161F25F7B4_zpsd29qltta.jpg

FD354F1C-8B24-49C6-A092-27E1AD577086_zpsmxmxag3p.jpg

Not a 320d
You can never ever sell this! Really excite to see the finished product. Great to see a car build in detail and one thats been done properly. Appreciate you posting pics and stuff - i know you don't have to.

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
It just gets better and better. This is going to be awesome when finished