ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

04-182

ClioSport Club Member
  AB Clio 182
exactly! I spent like 30’minutes sat in my car trying to work through some cup holder ideas, that didn’t involve self tapping screws into trim…I got nowhere, so hurry the f**k up and get one designed will you
Reckon a twist fit bracket here would work? Ignore the gash gauge holder top. The base twist fits into dash instead of speaker grill.
1630677621500.jpeg

Pegasaurus Rex

Bon Jovi Officianado
ClioSport Club Member
Reckon a twist fit bracket here would work? Ignore the gash gauge holder top. The base twist fits into dash instead of speaker grill. View attachment 1555860
What we need is something that replaces the removal ashtray that can then have an offset cup holder attached, off the side of the centre console…if that makes sense? That way it can be removed nice and easily and doesn’t require drilling/glue

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
You don't mess about mate! Lovely looking work as always.
Cheers chap.
Craig and I have been swapping ideas about this for months and months now, and what with both of us having young families etc it’s taken a bit longer than expected.
Craig has been working very hard on getting all the I’s dotted and T’s crossed to get us this far. Laser cutting, machining billet parts, powdercoating and getting the nets made has all taken longer than expected.
This is still in need of a couple of tweeks but for the most part, this is a finished item.

Huge thanks to Craig (@CFAB) for all his hard work on this, he will be talking pre-orders on these soon.

CFAB

ClioSport Trader
  Cliosport 182 ff
The clubsport net and bar looks very at home in the 182 and I couldn’t be happier how it’s come out.

As Frayz has said I need to alter the two middle plates and netting to suit the new locations and then il be taking pre orders/deposits off people who are interested.

Il do a big write up and picture thread/for sale post soon.

Huge thanks for Frayz being test dummy here…. Mine and his attention to detail means we can create the nicest clubsport bar on the market 👌. V0.2 coming soon.

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
Not sure how much benefit it would be, but if you sealed this end it would only pull air from the duct rather than some warmer from the bay as well.View attachment 1555705

So following up with @04-182 about this, I wanted to be able to attach the feed to the ITG but not sealed as I didn’t want to provide a restriction.
I wanted the intake to be able to breathe from both the feed and inner wing.
A bit of head scratching and drawings too and from and @04-182 has nailed it again. Thanks so much.

Only test fitted this evening but for a first print, it fits perfectly.

2231E7E0-22AB-43D9-AAF1-33BD678BF9FD.jpeg
583C0D00-6935-482D-A880-6258DEABD940.jpeg
E1D46337-17AD-4841-B8E8-DCF99F2663B2.jpeg
50C7453C-EAE3-4EDB-8750-B1B76DEB4C0D.jpeg

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
So I’ve fitted up the inlet adapter properly and repeated the test.
It would appear as though the ACT drops to ambient much faster than before. I had a 22c ambient and after a small cruise I let the car idle for a few minutes and temps rapidly rose to almost 50c.
Moving off and back to cruise for a couple of minutes I was able to get the ACT in the ITG down to exactly 22c again. This was not achievable before, all be it by only a few degrees. Once hot, it never made it back to ambient without the adapter.

One thing I have noticed is the radiant heat soaking the carbon airbox. The airbox gets very very hot and once hot will only be passing that heat into the inlet charge. The airbox is very close to the top rad hose and this is chucking out heat like nobody’s business!
This soaked heat on the carbon is why I think the temps climbs so quickly when the vehicle stops moving. Even stopping at a junction the ACT rises rapidly. So I may look at adding some kevlar foil sheet to the underside of the airbox to see if this improves it.

So it 100% works from a charge temp perspective. However I’d like to get it on the dyno and run with/without it fitted to see if it’s causing any restriction at high RPMs. Certainly doesn’t feel much different but who knows.
75F0741A-B509-4502-B80E-8FA4910F3B2E.jpeg

avstar1

ClioSport Club Member
  172 cup
What are you doing to protect against water ingress from the caf? Reason I ask is that I have had similar setups in the past including open foam filter in that area and when driven in the rain the filter gets wet on one side, very concerning. when I had a Maxogen I ran a caf similar to yours but from fog light and when I looked at the inside of it a couple of weeks later the metal that holds the inside structure of the hose was rusting. Maybe the caf going into the Maxogen trumpet needs to be spaced away so its not a direct fit? I applaud all the work you have done and its an amazing build to date, not trying to put a downer on it.

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
What are you doing to protect against water ingress from the caf? Reason I ask is that I have had similar setups in the past including open foam filter in that area and when driven in the rain the filter gets wet on one side, very concerning. when I had a Maxogen I ran a caf similar to yours but from fog light and when I looked at the inside of it a couple of weeks later the metal that holds the inside structure of the hose was rusting. Maybe the caf going into the Maxogen trumpet needs to be spaced away so its not a direct fit? I applaud all the work you have done and its an amazing build to date, not trying to put a downer on it.

This is something I’m going to monitor. However I tried to prove this theory out by firing my jet washer at the intake with the engine running and zero water made its way to the top of the feed.
All I can do it test it and see.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
How long do these parts take to print?
Something like that would be about 8 hours.
This is something I’m going to monitor. However I tried to prove this theory out by firing my jet washer at the intake with the engine running and zero water made its way to the top of the feed.
All I can do it test it and see.
Needs a U-Bend water trap :ROFLMAO:

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
Latest on WZD.

TL;DR - Won in induction kit, thanks to JMRS, nice kit, tried it, preferred my existing setup and swapped back lol.

Recently very lucky to win a photo competition on the JMRS Facebook page, and many many thanks to the owners for offering such a cool prize in the form of one of their induction kits. I've always been intrigued to try an open cone style setup as opposed to the ITG Maxogen I've always run. However never really fancied dropping the cash on one, so here was my chance to try and see without the cost of buying it.

The kit arrived and with all the JMRS stuff, they chuck you in some stickers and trinkets etc. Nice touch i think. The kit is really nice quality using a well made silicone one piece hose coupled to a dry foam filter from RamAir.
Maxogen removed, it fits up in minutes and although has no supporting brackets, its light enough that it stays in place well.

Warmed the car up and took it for a drive, it was very quickly noticeable how much louder the open cone is than the Maxogen, in comparison, it sounded like I'd fitted ITBs to the car! Cool as that was, I'm not 17 anymore and for me its a bit too much. As my car is my daily driver (Instagram @its_just_a_daily) I've spent a lot of time making it as well rounded as i can, and for me, the Maxogen is a much smoother and refined sound that's less aggressive and more engineered.

So with that, i serviced the ITG filter, clean, new oil etc and added some reflective thermal aramid sheet to the underside of the airbox. The product I've used is a sample i acquired that has a 2mm thermal foam so provides an airgap between the foil and item its shielding. This I'm told is much more effective at insulating and keeping heat away.

We shall see, it all helps. :)

DABAAF2B-3FB2-446A-B231-5402FEF9A9AD.jpeg
5A100BE7-1639-406A-8FF3-933B0A42376C.jpeg
D039ED8F-A0C8-4A4F-9601-77B6BE6DDD90.jpeg
39AA964B-3CF2-4297-ADE1-4467FD28CFF7.jpeg
CD67E422-68A4-4C2A-91EA-3E65CBFC46DD.jpeg
67CC9F0C-E410-4E62-913F-121E2AEC776E.jpeg

Last edited:

CFAB

ClioSport Trader
  Cliosport 182 ff
They should be ready soon. @CFAB?? 😘😘
The new floor plates are made and are awaiting powder coat.

Just struggling to get hold of bar atm for some reason the 38mm ID tube is a nightmare to source so may have to change the measurements when machining but shouldn’t affect a thing.

I have a big batch of machining and engineering parts to collect end of the month so your/the new hooks will be ready then. And the net tweak 👌🏼

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
Not much going on with WZD over the winter. Wife gave birth to our little boy in January so had plenty to be occupied with.
Clio got hit (parked at petrol pump & revered into) the day before Christmas Eve which means the front bumper has a healthy scuff in it that I need to sort too.
Yesterday I carried out my yearly clean/check over of my dampers. My custom set of AST5100s have been on the car for 2 years and completed 23,000 road/track miles in all weathers and conditions.

They do 250 miles a week as my car is my daily driver. They were liberally coated in ACF50 and covered in Motamec damper covers from new.

Cleaned and ACF50 reapplied, they look as mint as the day they were fitted.

Just shows how nice they stay if you look after your investment. 🙂

In other news I’ve been collecting parts for a substantial brake overhaul soon so that should be nice. 🙂

1B601F50-8097-4381-A2AD-680A843112CC.jpeg
3C105AB2-060F-4C83-BFD9-EB68940FB6B1.jpeg
A0E74778-F0BB-4F02-A4AF-DF02B963013F.jpeg
6A3F0A22-6EB0-4009-A9D0-C1DBFB929854.jpeg
95668DCF-5D22-4DD1-9DCA-D515AFD67E31.jpeg
0C2A5942-0B17-491B-8B9B-CD47F28517FE.jpeg

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
Been collecting some upgrades for WZD over the winter. One of which was an improved brake package in the form of the following:

• PMS 285mm Brembo 4 pot caliper package.
  • PMS 285mm x 28mm 2 piece rotors
  • New rear brake calipers with red powder coated carriers.
  • EBC Racing RP1 front pads (Interested to try these before going back to Pagid RSL29s)
  • Pagid RS4-2 rear pads.
  • Mr Pink stainless steel pin kit.
  • PureTrack titanium shim kit.
  • Castrol SRF Racing fluid.
  • Genuine Renault Clio 197/200 Master Cylinder.

All fitted up perfectly as always by Alex @ AW Motorworks.
To anyone interested the Evo Corse X3MAs fit without the need for spacers (My 5mm spacers were left in place in the photos)

Big brakes and Toyo R888Rs in time for the snow. haha :D
7AC49E9E-FF45-4D6F-9C64-93FD0CD89F7E.jpeg
A8EDD15E-708E-4039-920F-172F700BB1F5.jpeg
BDB4AB3B-3FFA-4BDD-8F74-43A46C46697D.jpeg
B21936D1-6F6F-4737-9C12-7D202AAF7DA0.jpeg
FF487D20-5FBE-493C-9367-56941DDC7C74.jpeg
180BFD3A-4AC9-4C3B-9E25-471BD2E671A5.jpeg
9B113336-CEAB-48BB-8297-6C4646D831B7.jpeg
41CC1B9F-4B3B-44EE-AD86-B18BA97F236E.jpeg
E1A96AB1-A97A-4806-A496-884BB7887452.jpeg
93C1653F-9366-493E-A6AA-2C1E7E3BAD93.jpeg

Simon1975

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 Cup/Meg R26
How do you find the brakes I have the callipers from my r26 when I had mk3 calipers fitted by Alex. In 2 minds wether to leave the ds1.11 on it or upgrade