ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
You're in the same boat as me

Although I'm gonna have to sell 2 sets of mine because they wont fit over the brembos :cry:
Get the brembos gone for wilwoods mate. £80 for ds1.11 pads and all the clearance;) ive not weighed them but id bet they are lighter too.

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Get the brembos gone for wilwoods mate. £80 for ds1.11 pads and all the clearance;) ive not weighed them but id bet they are lighter too.
I'm not made of cash 😂 I can get the Brembo DS1.11 for less than a tonne

Don't see the Wilwoods come up that often but they're a good piece of kit, Danny had them on his olf cup and bar having an issue with pads sticking and jamming up when reversing out of the paddock they were mega

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
I'm not made of cash 😂 I can get the Brembo DS1.11 for less than a tonne

Don't see the Wilwoods come up that often but they're a good piece of kit, Danny had them on his olf cup and bar having an issue with pads sticking and jamming up when reversing out of the paddock they were mega
They arent that expensive for the kit and pad savings could make it back quite fast if using it all the time. Rebuild kit is nowt for them too.

Where do you get ds.1.11 for the meg brembos for less than a ton. Always been £200 a set for megane, ive priced up some recently and £240 ish a set now. Dsuno even more expensive iirc o_O

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
They arent that expensive for the kit and pad savings could make it back quite fast if using it all the time. Rebuild kit is nowt for them too.

Where do you get ds.1.11 for the meg brembos for less than a ton. Always been £200 a set for megane, ive priced up some recently and £240 ish a set now. Dsuno even more expensive iirc o_O
There's a race team I found in Lincolnshire that sells off their old Clio cup pads

Although this was 2 years ago so they've probably sold the car by now 😂

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
There's a race team I found in Lincolnshire that sells off their old Clio cup pads

Although this was 2 years ago so they've probably sold the car by now 😂
I was going to say, you have bob hope of finding new for less than £240 now. On plus side they last ages.

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
@Brigsy Isn’t the pad area smaller on the Wilwoods compared to the Brembo? Also do you get the same pad options with the Wilwood as I always imagined they would be quite limited?
The pad area is indeed a bit smaller than the Brembo from memory, im not sure how they compare for hard sustained track use but for road use the power is superb. I run the larger master cylinder and the brake pedal feel is great, very sharp.

Ive not tried brembos on the clio2 but the wilwood/reyland disc combo on ds1.11 is easily on par with the megane on ds1.11.

Theres a few options for pads, all the ferodo range are available, not looked at the other brands. We had ds3000 in briefly, ive never seen so much brake dust in my life. It was right down the side of the car in 200 miles!

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
The pad area is indeed a bit smaller than the Brembo from memory, im not sure how they compare for hard track use but for road use the power is superb. I run the larger master cylinder and the brake pedal feel is great, very sharp.

Ive not tried brembos on the clio2 but the wilwood/reyland disc combo on ds1.11 is easily on par with the megane on ds1.11.

Theres a few options for pads, all the ferodo range are available, not looked at the other brands. We had ds3000 in briefly, ive never seen so much brake dust in my life. It was right down the side of the car in 200 miles!
Don't your ds1.11s squeal really bad on the roads @Brigsy ? I have them in my brembos and the squeal is horrendous. Everyone's looking when I stop in traffic 🤣

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
Don't your ds1.11s squeal really bad on the roads @Brigsy ? I have them in my brembos and the squeal is horrendous. Everyone's looking when I stop in traffic 🤣
Indeed. Sounds like a train stopping unless the brakes are hot. Everybody looks when your in traffic. After years of running them they are the same on any car ive used them on, i just tolerate it :LOL: id use stock pads on the brembos for road use and bosh the ds1.11 in for track if using it daily.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Indeed. Sounds like a train stopping unless the brakes are hot. Everybody looks when your in traffic. After years of running them they are the same on any car ive used them on, i just tolerate it :LOL: id use stock pads on the brembos for road use and bosh the ds1.11 in for track if using it daily.
I just bought some standard brembo pads for £30 so I'll be shoving those on this weekend 😂

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
I've had the ds1.11s in since January expecting a lot of noise but they're practically silent for me, every now and then a little bit of noise when coming to a complete stop so didn't bother swapping back to the brembos.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
I've had the ds1.11s in since January expecting a lot of noise but they're practically silent for me, every now and then a little bit of noise when coming to a complete stop so didn't bother swapping back to the brembos.
Did you chamfer the pads? Was gonna add a chamfer on manually and see if that helps

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
I’m using Pagid RS2 now as they’re organic so you don’t get the wear and metallic fallout from the carbon metallic pads. Massive bite, constant feel and low wear.
The down side is the cost at near £300 a set but if offset that with the fact I’m not buying them as often. They’re silent all the time except sub 10mph coming to a standstill.
I tolerate it for the performance and feel.

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
I might try a set of the RS2 on the Kangoo when the ds1.11 are finished. Good bite from cold? I guess they are an endurance pad compound.

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
I might try a set of the RS2 on the Kangoo when the ds1.11 are finished. Good bite from cold? I guess they are an endurance pad compound.
Yes good bite from cold and work well. They don’t have that ultimate hard stopping that the metallic pads do as you say they’re an endurance compound, but they don’t destroy wheels and are very linear in use.
Shame you’re not local mate as you would be more than welcome to try mine for feel. I’m also running the 197/200 MC.

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
Did you chamfer the pads? Was gonna add a chamfer on manually and see if that helps

Just filed down the edges of the backing plate so they're free moving and chucked them in. I have to say I do mostly motorway miles though and not much city driving. Only start stop I do is in traffic jams so maybe less light braking helps as well.

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
Right so I’ve got back from MST and the most they can offer me is 5%. Which isn’t a great deal, but if I’m buying them any way, money off is money off.

As it stands;

MST are £681 a set (£720 delivered)
Ktec are £703 a set plus delivery
Rally nuts are £942 a set plus delivery

With 5% off from MST we would be getting them at approx £650 a set, £665 a set delivered (Delivered to me in Essex, so works if you’re local, have access to free carriage or passing by)

Last edited:

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
Right wheels!!!
I’ve managed to hopefully make this much simpler for all, @Brigsy @Iranian Pudding

Anyone wanting a set can call up Russ at Motorsport Tools and mention my name and get 5% off a set of X3MAs and half price delivery delivered to your door.

The catch…

It’s only a valid offer till close of business Thursday. (18th August 2022).
So you have 48 hours to call and claim your discount from £720 down to £685 delivered.

Motorsport Tools - 01758 357000
Speak to Russ in the Sales team.
Tell him Frayz sent you.

Ready, Steady, Go!!

avstar1

ClioSport Club Member
  172 cup
Not the best picture and the wheels are not clean but these are the black version which are a matt finish. Would have cleaned them but it literally started raining as I was taking this pic. Would have preferred them in a gloss finish as it would be easier to keep clean. 15's really improve the ride over 16's and I really rate these wheels for look and weight, not the lightest but I don't like the Pro-race 1.2's and Superleggeras / Ultraleggeras don't look right and worried they would bend on the condition of roads round here. These could be up for grabs, I'm looking to sell the cup shortly.

clio1b.jpg

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
Got to love the look of new tyres on new alloys. Car's looking super clean👌
Thanks mate. Amazing that photos hide a multitude of sins. The car is actually filthy here as I’ve had a downpour for the last few days. Clean wheels make it all look clean haha.
Silver wheels change it so much.

Reactions: MLB

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
Just back from Alex at AWM after it needing a bit of love after developing an oil leak around the sump again. This was done last in 2019 when i bought the car back, but after after a bit of head scratching it was decided to give it a whole new sump and gasket etc. Alex also fixed a small coolant leak for me by the thermostat.
Whilst there were there they found quite a lot of wear to the splined drive tube between the gearbox output shaft and the intermediate driveshaft. This must have been causing quite a bit of chatter under the car but i hadn't heard it due to the exhaust note. A new one was fitted and the driveline is nice and tight again. Also found one of my roll centre bearings has play so I've ordered a new pair of those, that has only lasted 18 months of road use so they will now be a full service item regularly i expect.

My last item was to put the OEM cat back in, im officially old now and wanted to shut the car up a bit. A full race de-catted PMS is a lovely sound, but can get a bit much day to day. Driving to work this morning i was amazed at how much quieter it was inside. It almost felt grown up!

All in, excellent service from Alex and the boys as always. Triggers Broom rides on!!

Mr Underhill

ClioSport Club Member
My last item was to put the OEM cat back in, im officially old now and wanted to shut the car up a bit. A full race de-catted PMS is a lovely sound, but can get a bit much day to day. Driving to work this morning i was amazed at how much quieter it was inside. It almost felt grown up!

All in, excellent service from Alex and the boys as always. Triggers Broom rides on!!
In two minds about whether to ditch the PMS on the BG. The RB has a Scorpion and is nice and quiet. I'm beyond getting old.

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
In two minds about whether to ditch the PMS on the BG. The RB has a Scorpion and is nice and quiet. I'm beyond getting old.
Putting the oem cat back in on my PMS has been a game changer for me. I’ve always loved it but lately got bored of having a noisy car.
It’s like having a whole new motor. 😅