ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

French Car Show 2009 Date confirmed 100%

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Bloody rockingham!

Seein as you guys are based in scotland, dont you think it would be an idea to have it up here!!!

Bit crap really

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
majority of people prob come from south of the border.

It's the same distance from Aberdeen to Rockingham as it is Rockingham to Devon so its fair for the whole of the UK. Also if we done it in scotland the show would go bankrupt.

Full international sports car circuit again which was really well received at FCS 2008.

Mark

RB 200 Cup!
ah s**t middle of hayfever season - nice one.

Ill be there tho - with tissue stuffed in my nose and top gun shades on ;)

172 cup
Hopefully I'll be able to stand up this year and not worry about being blown away by the wind.

No tunnel FTW definately

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
It's the same distance from Aberdeen to Rockingham as it is Rockingham to Devon so its fair for the whole of the UK. Also if we done it in scotland the show would go bankrupt.

Full international sports car circuit again which was really well received at FCS 2008.

Mark

Hardly the point! We said this last yr! - How many of the English would come up and make a 12hr journey to FCS if it was in scotland! NONE!

Seems that unless the meet is on there door step they won't go!

Hardly the point! We said this last yr! - How many of the English would come up and make a 12hr journey to FCS if it was in scotland! NONE!

ali mate thats not the point, no1 would come because its not central, u got a trek... so do a thousand others.

a US style bowl where all the attractions could fit in too in scotland? cant exactly host it at murrayfield

b/g 182, meg tourer
anyone want to meet me at the peterborough services just off the a1? bit too early to be planning that tho i suppose. lol

Mustang, S13, AX GT

ahh yeah I see your point, because rockingham is right on the doorstep of eeeveryone in the England :rolleyes:

Mustang, S13, AX GT
I didn't, if you dont wanna make the trip dont. There are people who come from isle of mann which Im sure is much more hassle than a car drive who dont whine every year about making the journey and that FCS should be held on their doorstep though are there? no-one from devon is saying it should be down in newquay or cornwall... imagine the trip they'd have to make if the show was in scotland, they are 300+miles further south than rockingham

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
I personally think Bruntingthorpe was a better venue.

Cental sure...have it central, but it's 3 hrs for most people! And 8-8hrs for ANYONE in scotland! That fair? No.

Knockhill would be a great venue for it. Big paddock, plenty of car parking. Much beta track.

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
So anyone living in St Austell in cornwall dont have a 11 hour/600 mile round trip?

As with any circuit you cant please everyone. So basically put up and shut up.

Willy + Modus DCi
exactly second yr for me and omg stop moaning it is where it is so stop your bitching. beech

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Lol grumpy much....

I agree! Bullshit attitude! Cornwall is one place!! Everywhere north of the boarder is completely alienated!

Put it this way if it was in scotland i wonder how many of u's would make the effort to come off your own door steps! 50%? If that!

vers le haut doigt milieu
who cares, what I wanna know is wtf this means: "No tunnel and track CHEAP."?!?!