ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

French Car Show 2013

53 Clio's & counting
CS having a stand in the paddock for it? If so are there limit to spaces?

Tempted to bring the grey bwarp machine along

Clio 16v 'YOJ'
Yes the (ex) owner of c16v, he got banned by the other admins on the forum and no longer has access to the cpanel etc

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
I have found out the noise limit for the track time is 100dbs at 4500RPM!

No yozza's on track then :(

Clio 1.2
FCS website launch has had to be put back due to technical problems from what I've been told hopefully next week it will be up!

When they announced the stupid idea of going to Combe I pretty much declared myself out of the pre-planning. Said it would be a disaster as no-one wants to drive that far for a fairly "boring" circuit and a load of grass fields

Sadly looks like my prediction was right - still no ticket pre-ordering, website doesn't work it's just images and text. No news at club level about booking tickets/track time

I hope the show survives this year but I'm pretty sure the turn out is going to be abysmal :(

hope there were some big penalty clauses in the contract about late delivery then, cause it must be costing them money it not being live yet!

Unfortunately everything always seems to be done by "mates" of the directors and the website is always s**t

The forum died on http://performancefrenchcars.co.uk/ last year, I offered to fix it for them as I'm a bit handy with vbulletin for obvious reasons lol, heard nothing back. It's still dead 6 months later with just a "coming soon" page.

I have no idea who they use for their web development but they take forever to produce crap :(

182cup & 172 racecar
100db at 4500rpm. That should be within everybodys limit. That is quite loud.

​We got clocked at 106db at 5500rpm at Rock the other week.

Clio 1.2
Were hoping to have the website up within the next two days, the new site looks really good but I'll leave you lot to decide that :)

182cup & 172 racecar
I've been trying to get hold of somebody for ages, about doing a feature on the race series that they sponsor. No joy yet.

​Not even a reply. Very bad.

Stop making the site look all maxpower/flashy/funky and just put something up

Show is in 3 months and no-one can book tickets...

Are you responsible for the new performancefrenchcars website too? Cos that's been "coming soon" for 6 months :(

Clio 1.2
Phil, I can't speed it up myself it's mainly down to the guy making it...
Also I'm not sure and the PFC website I will look into it though!

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
So being a FCS newbie, is it a good show?

Well its the best all french cars show in the UK. So in that respect yes.

But if you compare it to something like ford fair its just a few old nails parked in a carpark and a few cars doing a trackday nearby by comparison but thats as much about the difference between the two scenes as it is about the two events.

JP83

South Central-Oxfordshire
ClioSport Area Rep
Well its the best all french cars show in the UK. So in that respect yes. But if you compare it to something like ford fair its just a few old nails parked in a carpark and a few cars doing a trackday nearby by comparison but thats as much about the difference between the two scenes as it is about the two events.

I'm more of a biker than a car man to be honest, but I've made an effort with this club. I did ClioSport last year as a brand new member and Clio owner.
I moreso go to have a laugh and meet people. Probably won't track my car though! LOL.

JP83

South Central-Oxfordshire
ClioSport Area Rep
take mine round mate.you can get the telling off!

Lol! I don't think I'd have the talent, just the hope that the diesel smoke emitted would blind the others and lead me to victory!
(Off topic - got a text today to say delivery is tomorrow, so thanks again :) )

Might pop down to this then. It's not far at all, and considering I miss CSS this year, it might be my car show for the year.

shame its not a well run setup... i was going to bring the meg to this, i mean BRING it. Riad was contacted about photography too but no reply after he made return contact...

was happy to work with mark too as the show was great before i started doing lemans (cant do this year due to child) but was happy to trek all the way to FCS.

If I had a quid for every time I've offered to help with the website, or help with the PFC website, or help with the show organisation, or help with photography and then it's just died out... lol