ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fresh clio owner! 172 cup

Renault clio 172 cup
Hi guys

New to the site and only just purchased my first renault at weekend!

Bit of background! I have owned nothing but vw's for the past 8 years (waiting for the abuse ) but thought it was time for a change.
I love my vw's and the vdub scene but I wanted excitement and fun, just a change basically!

Searched for a while with a decent budget looking for a 172 cup :) finally found one, checked it out and took it home the same day :)

Really happy with it! Needs tlc but hey what 10 year old car doesn't?!

2003, 68,000 miles, service history, all important belts and dephaser done, 12 month mot, 9 month tax alloys brand new refurb, body work needs touching up but nothing major! Eibach 30mm springs, brembo discs and yellow stuff pads. Mintex pads on the back. Piper cross panel filter.

was really pleased!

abumetev.jpg

vy8e6yda.jpg

ja6ugaqy.jpg

y9e4emy7.jpg

I have a few plans in mind which include

• touch up of body work/ detailing
• possible interior change (half leather)
• few subtle mods (bullets, grill, possibly wing mirrors painted)
• rear arb
• yellow brake calipers
• maybe 20mm lower but that's just a thought
• new stereo and replace standard speakers as they are blowing slightly
• cliosport sticker
• Chrome or yellow painted plenum
• LED sidelights
• HID kit
• SMD conversion
• LED number plate lights
• possible k-tec exhaust and decat, but I am happy with how it sounds standard with the pipercross plus it is a daily after all.

That's about it to be fair! Stuck some pictures on so let me know your thoughts and ideas :)

Cheers

Fiesta ST2 MP215
Welcome Friend, sounds like a decent enough buy, Defo get the Skinned seats, they come up on here for a ton for a whole interior. not sure about the whole yellow thing esp with Blue, just sounds Odd, I did the SMD kit in blue a while ago and really like it, easy enough job if you can solder.
Exhausts you are spoiled for choice really, rather than a HID kit maybe go the some 2nd hand Xenons, looks much better.

Renault clio 172 cup
Cheers mate :) yeah seen a few knocking around for ruffly a ton, would be a good buy! That's fair enough mate, thanks for your opinion. Yeah I was thinkin blue SMD :)

Yeah there are a lot of exhausts! What would you recommend? I was after a tinny/ raspy note.... If that makes sense lol

Cool sounds good :) how much are 2nd hand xenons?

Fiesta ST2 MP215
Xenons can be had for £100 a pair, most will need a clean though, refurb kit on them.
Best Exhaust I have heard was a Decatted Janspeed from Ktec, was yonk ago when the 172 was new though, not sure if they make it anymore, but it was mentally loud you'd hear the guy from a few streets away, true story.
Ktec one's seem to be the most popular ones for the 172.

Renault clio 172 cup
Cheers pal, not wanting mega loud but that is always fun ;) neighbours would love me!
yeah the k tec's do seem really popular!

Cheers lads really happy with it, awesome car and so much fun! It's going for the bumper repaired and sprayed next week cos there's a tiny bit of damage, a detailing and a nice little service at some point