ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fresh pics of the 'teg.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
The Victor X that I have is designed for improvements between 7K and 10K rpm.

TBH for a boost motor like mine will be, the performance side of it intake wise isnt really an issue, so its not needed really for me, but it fits a lot better than the original one in the tiny mk1 clio engine bay, so that seemed a good excuse to get one even though I didnt really need it for the engine spec. Quite a lot lighter too!

Titanium 182 FF
That is true, but as soon as one is used here, it'll go the same way.

You still thinking of getting one then pal?

It's a shame, because apart from the rust issue they are bombproof when accompanied with a stringent oil maintainence schedule. My issue was not being able to find the 'right' one. There was no middle ground, it ranged from rust riddled cheaper cars to garage queens and dreamers that were around £5000 for a UKDM, they were out of my budget. It's just that type car.

Love the Exhaust you put on it, reminds me of my pugsport I had on my Rallye. I will own one, B18 VTEC crossover is addictive and the handling sublime.

S3, Polo
Awesome motor, Daniel - looks like a really well-kept example!

I realise I may be in the minority but UKDM front end > JDM front end.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
It's a shame, because apart from the rust issue they are bombproof when accompanied with a stringent oil maintainence schedule. My issue was not being able to find the 'right' one. There was no middle ground, it ranged from rust riddled cheaper cars to garage queens and dreamers that were around £5000 for a UKDM, they were out of my budget. It's just that type car.

Love the Exhaust you put on it, reminds me of my pugsport I had on my Rallye. I will own one, B18 VTEC crossover is addictive and the handling sublime.

Tegs and clios have one thing massively in common, the engine LOVES a bit of forced induction. Teg gearbox and diff cope far better though!

DC2 TypeR / E36 328i

Indeed it is, epic handling cars. Believe the hype, LSD is awesome.

Funny you should mention oil as I'm still not sure what grade I want to use. I started with 0w-40 Fully Synthetic Mobil One which I already had and saw some owners using on ITR-DC2. It barely used any oil but did sound a bit tappety at times.

I had a look what Honda recommend and they say 10w-40 Semi Synth, so bugger it, I bought some Castrol stuff and put that in for now.

But then you go on the forums, and they say "thou shalt always use fully synth 5-40" etc, for now, I'll listen to Honda :)

There's actually a clip of the video that Honda made about the differences between the 96 Integra R and the 98 Integra R where one of the chief designers of the engine states that you do not need expensive oil, theyre designed to run semi synth 10-40. I'll listen to him too

Awesome motor, Daniel - looks like a really well-kept example!

I realise I may be in the minority but UKDM front end > JDM front end.

Thanks mate, the previous onwer had it 7 years and went to Honda for everything. Pretty epic history.

The Victor X that I have is designed for improvements between 7K and 10K rpm.

TBH for a boost motor like mine will be, the performance side of it intake wise isnt really an issue, so its not needed really for me, but it fits a lot better than the original one in the tiny mk1 clio engine bay, so that seemed a good excuse to get one even though I didnt really need it for the engine spec. Quite a lot lighter too!

I'll have to look for your thread mate, sounds like youre doing an epic build

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I'll have to look for your thread mate, sounds like youre doing an epic build

My thread isnt very interesting at the moment TBH mate as Ive decided to put a cammed williams engine and box in as a temp measure for 2013 so my mrs can get some more trackday practice in first, then the boost honda will go in next winter. So am just plodding along on the honda mockup in the spare frontend as a background task.

Last edited:
  Titanium 182 FF
Thanks mate, the previous onwer had it 7 years and went to Honda for everything. Pretty epic history.

It was a lease car for much of its early life, if I remember correctly. SH was pretty comprehensive. He wouldn't let me drive it at the time because it had no petrol in it, which I thought was a bit odd!

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Really like that, although the back plate needs chopping down (I don't care if it's illegal).

Not sure i'm a fan of the black wheels but it's probably lack of definition in the photos or contrast in my screen.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
That car gives me a hardon. Bloody lovely.

Shame about the rear plate/foglight set up though, it looks scruffy on an otherwise lovely looking car.

+1 but love theses cars though, looks like a good example.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Looks lovely. Not a fan of the wheels but not due to the fact theyre rotas. Will look great with the oem 16's.

I always think they look like somethings missing from the rear. Mean front, soft looking ass.

DC2 TypeR / E36 328i
It was a lease car for much of its early life, if I remember correctly. SH was pretty comprehensive. He wouldn't let me drive it at the time because it had no petrol in it, which I thought was a bit odd!

Oh you actually went to have a look at it?

Yeah it was a lease car for the first 3 years then one owner from 2003-2012.

Not sure why he said that about a test drive, there's a petrol station just up the road (I'm local)

I had a test drive and fell for it.

Really like that, although the back plate needs chopping down (I don't care if it's illegal).

Not sure i'm a fan of the black wheels but it's probably lack of definition in the photos or contrast in my screen.

Watch out we got a badass over here ;)

The wheels are really hard to photograph, if I take a picture with my iPhone, you simply can't see the wheel at all!

+1 but love theses cars though, looks like a good example.

Thanks mate

Titanium 182 FF
Oh you actually went to have a look at it?

Yeah it was a lease car for the first 3 years then one owner from 2003-2012.

Not sure why he said that about a test drive, there's a petrol station just up the road (I'm local)

I had a test drive and fell for it.

Sure did, personally I think some oem 98 spec wheels would look sensational.

Ibiza SC
I'm sure that was you a few cars behind me in traffic through Garforth mate this morning, car looks well!

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
Looks lovely. Not a fan of the wheels but not due to the fact theyre rotas. Will look great with the oem 16's.

This, love the car, hate the style of the wheel, the fact they are Rotas dont matter, just not sure on the style?

DC2 TypeR / E36 328i
I'm sure that was you a few cars behind me in traffic through Garforth mate this morning, car looks well!

Probably pal, I'll have to stop looking for a Blue cup haha. Thanks!

Lovely car! What is it like as a daily?

Not the best, prefered my BMW overall I think.

But when you want to let your hair down and attack some country roads, there is no comparison.

Which I now do each day on the way to work lol :)

This, love the car, hate the style of the wheel, the fact they are Rotas dont matter, just not sure on the style?

Yeah I know what youre saying.

The original style (either Regameister or Spoon not sure) looks the tits in white and 16".

tumblr_mc0b3a5VoO1qeowauo1_500.png

Made a video of the exhaust, doubt many of you will like it tbh but hey may as well share it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jY8N69pLT-4

Few random new pics too:

8196258239_f3c2b0aa8c_c.jpg

084.jpg by DanielJames., on Flickr
8196256583_0c44e49841_c.jpg

079.jpg by DanielJames., on Flickr
8196259451_78ea62e629_c.jpg

086.jpg by DanielJames., on Flickr
8197343596_7b756b6c8a_c.jpg

060.jpg by DanielJames., on Flickr

Last edited by a moderator:
  DC2 TypeR / E36 328i
Love it, MINT (don't quote me on that, photos are deceiving ;)).

f**k the wheel snobs, they look great.

Haha, it's not the cleanest teg out there but it's not far off!

Paint is a bit dull and the front bumper is pretty knackered. Easy fixes though :)

DC2 TypeR / E36 328i
Decided to go back to BMW ownership now guys, if you're interested in the 'teg let me know. It'll be on PH over the next few days.

Cheers!

DC2 TypeR / E36 328i
I want a 3er, 328i or 330ci.

I do love the teg but day to day driving its grinding my gears. Its not the nicest place to be for 2 hours a day, as much as I hate to admit it.

Suzuki Swift Sport
I like the sound of it under load but not keen on the off throttle rasp... I know a lot of Honda's do this with aftermarket exhausts, no idea what causes it? Car looks really nice btw!