ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Front Brake Pads for 172???

Sorry to bring this up again. What is the best pad for 172?
I am using Ferodo (have no idea which series it is in) which is from the previous owner which is good I think. But want to see some other brands.

EBC Green Stuffs? Or EBC Yellow Stuffs? Ferodo DS2500??? Mintex C-Tech M1144??

BTW, the Ferodo I am having do have quite a lot of brake dust. It is hard to judge, good brake usually has more dust :p

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
these threads seem to crop up every day. Use the search function and all will be revealed

Clio 172 mk2
I've used EBC greens before on th road and they have been good....probably not good enough for track use though.....Ferodo, Pagid or Mintex probably better for that kind of driving.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Try http://www.gsfcarparts.com/ posted by a guy called DAY the other day .No sure if they do CS discount also .If your search comes up that they are for th megane don't worry , they are the same brakes as the 172 / 182 .

R64276FG BRAKE PAD SET-EBC GREENST CLIO 172 42.00
R60139 BRAKE DISC-VENT 280mm CLIO 2.0 16V (CB0N) 27.50
R60139 BRAKE DISC-VENT 280mm CLIO 2.0 16V (CB0N) 27.50

Yellowstuff pads are just for the track .

Weeman sucks ****
Ferodo DS2500's are superb. Had mine on for a while now and they still have loads of life left in them. Not bad when cold and awesome when hot.

Get goodridge lines aswell and it'll be spot on.

Got the redstuff ceramic and have done well for me on road and track days and still have plenty of life left after scouring the net i found brakes4u on the web to be the best and after phoning EBC they also pointed me in there direction not bad service either cheap and next day delivery free of charge