ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Front Lights on a 172 (51 reg)

Hopefully someone can answer this for me.

How the hell do you get rid of the sick yellow lights that Renault decided to put in the headlight units along with the blue Xenons? Went past an RS today and only the Xenons seemed to be turned on - can you just take the old style bulbs out and leave the Xenons in? Or is there something really stupidly simple that i'm not thinking about?

Just want to get rid of the yellow lights and have pure Xenons..........Please help.

Cheers,

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Just take the sidelights out, job done. I found LEDS just stop working after a while.

Is this what most people do then? Just take out the side light bulbs?

Are there any really good Xenon replacement sidelight bulbs out there?

BMW M135i
I'd had LED sidelights for over a year and still going strong. Thats what i'd go for, theres ultraleds.co.uk if you wanted a massive selection or you can get them from halfords as well.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I've had 3 set from ultraleds, always break, but my car does destroy everything.

Smashing - so are these Phillips what everyone would recommend as a good replacement? Are they gonna look good when just having sidelights on?

Also how easy are the bulbs to fit - can you open up the headlight unit easy enough etc?

cheers guys

MK3 Sport Tourer TCE
They're not much brighter than the standard bulb, just a nicer colour.

You'll need small hands to fit them, especially if you have aircon pipes in the engine bay, I ended up getting my girlfriend to do it for me haha.

Just open the bonnet and remove the rubber cap on the rear of the headlight unit to get to the bulbs.

Good luck.

ST
Take them out...its the only way..

When i had my 182 i just took the sidelights out..

Looks far better...LED sidelights are a bit hmmm chav..

The frosted white LED from UltraLED is superb, couldn't be happier. Got a set off ebay too but they had a slight blue tint so chucked em.