ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Front Slam Panel

Clio
Is a front slam panel easy to replace i.e a simple bolt on, anyone know as I have not yet looked.

Replacing a front bumper soon as i skidded into a lorry lightly, was thinking of replacing the slam panel just incase it bent in a few mm.

Plus how do airbags work, is there any wiring on the slam panel at all? as the airbags never went off.

Picture of a new slam panel for mk2 ph2>
SLAMPANEL.jpg

Clio
Ill have a little investigate, due to headlight position something has bent, might just be the actual bumper shooting uppwards causing this i suppose.

Mk2 172
Ill have a little investigate, due to headlight position something has bent, might just be the actual bumper shooting uppwards causing this i suppose.

there is a tiny thin piece which cant be seen in pic which supports weight o bumper and needs tack welding onto the main front slam panel so probably cant be done at home

Clio
there is a tiny thin piece which cant be seen in pic which supports weight o bumper and needs tack welding onto the main front slam panel so probably cant be done at home

Really? how is it possible to tack weld metal to plastic?

I thought the front bumper is fixed to the bottom of the slam panel, and the top of the slam panel.

I'll look into that though, as i did not think of the possibility of welding.

Mk2 172
Really? how is it possible to tack weld metal to plastic?

I thought the front bumper is fixed to the bottom of the slam panel, and the top of the slam panel.

I'll look into that though, as i did not think of the possibility of welding.

the big black impact bar that runs across the front of the car has a separate part to it which cant be seen in pic that needs welding onto that big front impact part. The bumper rests on it and keeps the bumper level

Clio
I assume the slam panel goes infront of the impact bar? I do know a welder so I guess this will be a 5 min job for him?