ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

front tyres

Clio MK 4
Done some searching but wondered if i could get some advise on new tyres.

My front two tyres are low on tread and are paradas! Not so cool in this type of weather and i did slide into a kerb from no grip the other night.

Think i'd be willing to spend up to £70 per tyre. Would like them to look good aswell lol. Any suggestions?

172, BMW 120 Msport.
Near enough every one will say PE2s But they are over your budget at around £95 each so thats why im not going to bother saying them.

Iv just fitted two new Toyo proxes T1Rs to the front. In my opinion they are better than the PE2s i had on previously in the snow. And at £45 each you cant go wrong.

172, BMW 120 Msport.
Last me as long as any other of the tyres iv had doo. Not a lot will be as soft as the Paradas tbh.

Clio 172
I recently bought 4 Pirelli P Zero Nero's and I must admitt they are spot on so far, couldn't comment on summer conditions yet though. Always had conti sport til now but refused to fork out nearly £90 a corner. Think they worked out around £54 each with CS discount from blackcircles, far cheaper and as I say so far feel just as good as the conti's.

Sure everyone is different though...

Clio MK 4
think i may go for proxies or exaltos. Would you say they are a good all rounder for winter and summer as i wont be changing them again for as long as possible.

172, BMW 120 Msport.
I no T1Rs are good all year, Well i think they are others may say otherwise.

Exaltos are meant to be as good as road tyres get for the money.

330i. E30 Touring.
T1R's are good in the dry, but horrific in the wet. Don't last long, either.

PE2's are a world better, but you pay the price.

A few people on here rave about Hankook V12's..

172, BMW 120 Msport.
T1Rs may not be the best in wet if driven fast. I drive near enough to the speed limits so to me they are good in wet and dry.

I couldnt comment on fast road driving.

Clio 172 RS2
Went from 4 Uniroyal Rainsports all around to 2 new Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3 up front.

Not much difference in grip in this weather. Taking in consideration the Uniroyals where low on profile as to the rubbed in F1's!

Wanted to stay on the Rainsports but not that of a populair brand at tire centers overhere. So went for the F1's at 75,- EUR per corner.
Bridgestone Potenza RE050 also being my next choice but no V-type profile as the F1's & Rainsport. (RE050 also having softer sidewalls/shoulders!)

Uniroyal is a sub-brand from Continental btw.

Tiger R6 / Saxo Vts
Just my 2p's worth.

PE2's on my 182 seemed pretty good, but they were on there when I bought it and weren't that new.

Eagle F1 GSD3's (if you can still get them) are probably the favourite tyre I've had on any car for road use.

Toyo T1R's always been good in my experience and a good budget option - they are soft so if you use them on track you will go through them quite quickly, but for road use I'd say they are ok.

My mate used to love the Paradas he had on his Impreza but they were very soft and didn't last long at all.

If the T1-R's can be had the cheapest/near to cheapest they're a good option in my experience.

b/g 182, meg tourer
T1R's are good in the dry, but horrific in the wet. Don't last long, either.

PE2's are a world better, but you pay the price.

A few people on here rave about Hankook V12's..

yep good in the dry but i don't agree with horrific in the wet. they are by far not the best in the wet but completely fine as long as they are not pushed to the limit... which i cant afford to do in the wet anyway.
how long do you class as not long lasting? my fronts last just over a year doing about 12000miles a year, mixed driving. rears can last nearly twice that, at least 18months.
not having a dig btw, its just i quite rate them as an all round reasonable priced tyre. and they have been pretty good in the snow too.

BG 182 FF
I have Hankook V12's on the fronts and I have to say they are pretty good. Even though there not that far from the 3mm wear indicator now.

Will get new tyres soon, i'll probably try a pair of P Zero Nero's. I've heard good reviews and they're going quite cheap at blackcircles - £152.58 fitted.

330i. E30 Touring.
My T1R's on the front lasted less than 8k, and were terrible in the wet.

I do 'make progress' though.

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
I'd get Conti Sport Contact 3 or Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD3. Contis are better in snow but Goodyears are better in all other conditions.

Clio 197
If your paradas are really bad... and you put something slightly grippier on the front, you're likely to induce a spin under hard braking in slippery conditions...

...so go for paradas, or change all 4 tyres IMHO.

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
He hasn't said he's got fitted on the back. A 172 tends to understeer not oversteer anyway so what's on back wouldn't be an issue IMO.

Track 172cup
I have Hankook V12's on the fronts and I have to say they are pretty good. Even though there not that far from the 3mm wear indicator now.

Will get new tyres soon, i'll probably try a pair of P Zero Nero's. I've heard good reviews and they're going quite cheap at blackcircles - £152.58 fitted.

how many miles you had out of the Hankook's ?

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
Just picked up a set of x4 T1-R's for £177 new ( 195/45/16 ) for the turinins off ebay

Much cheaper than the rest, never used them before so will see if i survive the winter weather to comment on them in the wet lol

Conti-sports which i'm currently using seem fairly good, fine in the wet if not pushing silly grounds and fairly solid in the dry, found the life fairly short on them so god only knows what the toyo's will be like lol

Clio MK 4
read a few reviews and i quite like the sound of conti sports or Falken ZE326 I think they look good and seem to last good amount of time and have decent grip.

I've just bought some PE2's, however... when they're dead I'm changing to ContiSport 3's simply because they're a good tyre, and are more available than the PE2 off the shelf. Save a few quid, too.

Lotus Exige, 182
I had contis on the front when I bought the car, changed them to PE2s last time round and I'm probably going back to contis when the PE2s are finished.