ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fuel rail

Clio 182 cup
Was driving 2 work fri morning and hear like a clattering of something underneath my car so thought nothing of it. Today I got my old cup nuts out the manfold for the fitting kit so decided 2 check oil etc. Popped the bonnent had a look and the pissing fuel rail had come off and was resting on the fan!!!!! A bolt has sheared off, dunno where that and the 2 nuts have gone!!! Anybody know if it's ok 2 leave it off and drive the car??? Would the bolt and nuts fell onto the road or still be in the engine bay?? May explain my rattle lol!!

b/g 182, meg tourer
i take it you mean the fuel rail guard has come loose, not the fuel rail.

just remove the fuel rail guard, or replace the broken bolts and screw it back on. very easy job. the bolts could be on the undertray or something yes. just jack the car up, remove undertray and have a look around with a tourch and telescopic or flexy magnet.

Clio 182 cup
Yeah sorry I meant the fuel rail guard. Might just remove the 2 bolts from the engine block that holds it on and leave it off. It's was only swapped 3 months ago coz it was rattling at 4k, bloody thing! Cheers I'll have a look 2morrow.