ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fun Phone Application - 0-60 times, quarter miles, lap times etc

Cupra
Available for free for most S60 phones. I haven't tried it yet but my drive home is about to become a bit less mundane.

Link

1998 BMW e46 323i
Man, I was looking for one of these yesterday, when I saw the iPhone had a version. anyone used it yet? I'm blocked in on the shared drive at mo!

Cupra
I did some tests on Friday night. Just the 0-60 test and it seemed to be pretty accurate. (My s**t launching skills giving s**t times at least)

1998 BMW e46 323i
I got a PB today of 7.5 sec 0-60mph and 1/4 mile in 16 sec. It's damn hard to get the revs right, not spin the wheels, not bog down etc. I wasn't aiming for a quarter mile reading, just realised it had recorded all the data, can even see the acceleration curve and where I must have changed gear to early to late etc. Great little app.

Just installed the new version tonight and went out in my mates Civic. The new version is mega cool. Shows graphs that compare speed / dtstance travalled allowing you too see where the power starts to drop off etc.

Managed a 9.1s to 62mph with 2 up, in the damp/wet with TR-1s with not much tread on. Also a 1/4 mile of 17.3 which isn't bad. Nice little car he has, its only a 1.5 vtech but still nippy.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Some amreican fellas did a test, none of the acceleramoter based phone systems are that accurate.

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
Some amreican fellas did a test, none of the acceleramoter based phone systems are that accurate.

Watch the vid above, they compare dynolicious to a Gtech, actual times measured down a drag strip and a dyno and the dynolicious is really close.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
There's a few vids I've seen of it. In general they aren't that accurate, the hardware isn't good enough! The gtech itself isn't meant to be great!

Can't really knock RaceChrono.
I have heard that iPhone ones are not that accurate, and i have also heard that GTech isn't good.

Fiesta ST-2
Anyone tried pocketdyno app? Had two runs first got 150whp and second without traction control got 156whp wasn't going for 0-60s but both were early 8 seconds which seems about right.