ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Funniest Thing You Have Been Told By A Dealer...

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
went into a nissan dealership in macc to look at a clio, asked if it would have tax on it n he sed no because dealerships couldnt tax cars because it was a government thing.... bull s**t i work 4 a dealership we tax all our cars

2003 MKII 172
This happened a while ago, the dealer sold Honda/Alfa/Citroen/Renault/Sabb/Ferrari/Lotus and second hand super cars etc. The service area for Renault was with Alfa and Sabb, and I went in to get the passenger seatbelt checked, as 80% of the time it gets stucka nd you can't pull it down, even when the car is not moving.

Me: I booked in last week to get the seat belt looked at.
DL: Ummm can't find you in our books, are you sure?
Me: Yes, this guy booked me in blahb lah
DL: Oh it seems like we forgot to put you down, it's okay I'll put you in now.

Later in the arvo
Me: So it's all fixed
DL: Yeah, there's no problem with it
Me: What do you mean? The seat belt doesn't pull down
DL: Yeah we checked it does
ME: walked to the car with him, open the door, pull belt, gets stuck, pull again still stuck.
DL: pulls belt, gets stuck, pulls a gain slowly, still stuck
DL: Well we checked it, there's no problem, this is normal and a safety feature, the Alfas are the same.
Me: don't know to laugh or cry or hit him.

Clio 182 Trophy
LMAO! That's very amusing.
The Ford dealer once told me my spare wheel was missing on my Puma... they never came with them from new!

Chocolate Bar™
horrendous 17 inch wheels on an unlowered 172, and chavvy stickers will appeal to a buyer, and he knows best as hes been in the trade for 30 years....

M

mini-valver

When i brought mine i said if he puts 2 front tyres on i'd have it, I got told that he was'nt going to put a set of tyres on the car as he's changed the oil..... Hmmmm

133/225/CLS AMG
Have to say Renault Croydon haven't been as ignorant as some of the places mentioned.

Only thing I've found is that the salesment talk out of their a*ses!! Had one of them tell me that the Clio 172 was almost 'motorbike quick'!! Like it does 0-60 in 3 seconds or something.

Another one talking to me and when I mentioned I had a Megane 225 he kept talking about the Megane TURBO and really emphasizing it. He either didn't believe I had a 225 or assumed I didn't know it had a turbo!?!?!

Tangoed Works
ME phoning up renault ilford for some Trophy Seatbelt pretensioner covers.

me; hi mate i need a price for some of those pretensioners the clio trophy has.
dealer; errr i dont know what you mean mate, what is a clio trophy, you mean the cup dont you
me; err no mate, you know the limited run, you had one in your showroom a little while back.
dealer; no idea, why have you changed your seats anyway
me; look on your computer ( at this point had to quickly grab a reg no of cliotrophy.com)

banter banter, in the end he was very helpful and keen to rid himself of his ignorance and looked up the part and gave me the number

Fiesta Zetec S TDCi
Bristol St Motors in Exeter:

I went in just as the Mk 3 was introduced and I was pretty keen on the Dci 106 at the time. They had one as a demonstrator and offered me to book a test drive so I did for the following weekend. As I was leaving I asked if they would match the price I'd found on the internet for it, he told me the lowest they could go was £12,000 (I'd seen it on the net for £10500). So I said OK, we'll talk about it after the test drive.

The day of the test drive they rang me and said one of the reps had the car for the weekend because they knew I wouldn't buy from them, so they'd cancelled the test drive :(

Now Kings of Taunton are saying they won't replace my steering wheel which is melting (Jan 2004 car, only 19,000 miles).

Vauxhall dealers are pants too - they broke the fixings on one of my Tigra's headlights when it was in, and when I complained they said I must have driven it into something but they'd do a repair "as a goodwill gesture". That was after they'd lost an argument on a problem which had been ongoing for about 20 months and finally fixed it, I guess they were pissed off that they actually had to fix it.

1.6 Astra ... R.I.P. 182
^ its supposed to be "funniest" thing mate :rasp:

p.s. thats not aimed at kiev - i was to slow

Fiesta Zetec S TDCi
Ross M said:
^ its supposed to be "funniest" thing mate :rasp:

p.s. thats not aimed at kiev - i was to slow

lol it's aimed at me then

I'm sorry, I got all wound up with a bit of dealer rage and it all came spilling out :D

williams and trophy
i got told the new 172 was a lot faster, handled a lot better , and was more desirable than my williams by sunwin in hx once.....needless to say i laughed , but they wouldnt let me take one out for a test drive to see just how poor they are.

soon: 172 Cup
Walk into dealer to look at a cup a few months back (bear in mind this was a Toyota Dealer):

Me:

"Hi there i am here to look at the Cup you have on the forecourt, but a quick question, when walking in..... why is it advertised for £1000 more than it is on Autotrader"

Dealer:

"Oh it because we charge a fee for cars on the forecourt"

Me:

"So your saying if i had no clue this car was in autotrader, you would allow me to walk in off the streets and buy this car for a hike up of £1000 due to the simple fact that its sitting in a shadey patch behind an avensis"

Dealer:

"Why Yes"

Me:

"Is there not some kind of trading standards issue there"

Dealer:

"Not that i am aware of"

Me:

"Good day to you then sir"

**Dealer looks at me in a funny way! i just wish i had a glove i could of taken out and slapped him with!!!**

Clio 172 mk2
AlexJMills said:
Have to say Renault Croydon haven't been as ignorant as some of the places mentioned.

Only thing I've found is that the salesment talk out of their a*ses!! Had one of them tell me that the Clio 172 was almost 'motorbike quick'!! Like it does 0-60 in 3 seconds or something.

Another one talking to me and when I mentioned I had a Megane 225 he kept talking about the Megane TURBO and really emphasizing it. He either didn't believe I had a 225 or assumed I didn't know it had a turbo!?!?!

What goons dealers can be!

soon to be a 200
your car wont start at home because you have a water meter but i don't have one oh must be a neighbours ?

al

ST on the way...
To fix your broken airvent flap sir would require us to fit a whole new dashboard which without labour is...........£749.87...........would you like us to go ahead with it?

BMW 535D
upon test driving a 182 cup at reg vardy renault middlesbrough:

me: bloody hell this doesn't half pick up after 5k revs

salesman: that'll be the turbo

me: but this is a normally aspirated engine??

salesman: is it?

and the one thats got my back up at the moment:

me: hiya my traction control keeps switching itself off, my car is under warranty, i'd like it fixed please

service woman: well we'll need to put it on a diagnostic machine at £70 per hour to find the problem

me: ive just told you the problem, im not paying anything anyway, its under warranty

fookin muppets

1996 Valver
chris_m182 said:
upon test driving a 182 cup at reg vardy renault middlesbrough:

me: bloody hell this doesn't half pick up after 5k revs

salesman: that'll be the turbo

me: but this is a normally aspirated engine??

salesman: is it?

and the one thats got my back up at the moment:

me: hiya my traction control keeps switching itself off, my car is under warranty, i'd like it fixed please

service woman: well we'll need to put it on a diagnostic machine at £70 per hour to find the problem

me: ive just told you the problem, im not paying anything anyway, its under warranty

fookin muppets

I love the salesman speal........used to be one, great fun!

The 5k kick is the vvti isnt it;)

Meg on pistonheads £6995
June 2003

1) that my trade in was worth £600 (mint 19 RSi TD) - sold 2 hours on Autotrader for 1400!

2) a new Dynam 80dCi was 11.5K - hahahahahah - paid 9800 with air

£2500 saved

Clio 1.2 Expression
edde said:
Lewis Read Renault, Birkenhead (on the Wiiral incase any of you think of using them).
there best feacture (beyond the cheap prices) is there bodyshop (or whover they use) does a stunning job. However I don't think they do the I'd think its not them though)

Thats good to know, my Nearside needs a pretty deep gash repairing and ive been wondering how much they would charge. (Me lives 3 mins down the road from there).

ZrByte said:
Thats good to know, my Nearside needs a pretty deep gash repairing and ive been wondering how much they would charge. (Me lives 3 mins down the road from there).
They cannot put anything togther right so find out who they are using as a paint shop as there stunning I couldn't tell what panel had ben sprayed (well the loose bolts gave it away but paint wise you couldn't tell).

C

clio172cup20

Walked in to toomies in basildon...
I just got a cup 172 and it hasn't got any mats.

Me... Hi can i have some mats for my Clio Cup 172...
Deal..Yes, Do you want origional mate?!?!
Me... Well.. Yes?!?!
Deal.. Ok then, You do know they cost £330?!?
Me.. For some mate.. in my clio?!?!
Deal.. Yes...
Me... Are you mugging me off??! £330 for some mats...
Deal... Well they are origional clio sport ones and they are made with high quality material and it had renault sport logo on them....

Me... Whats the cheapest mats you do... THAT FIT MY CAR..?!?!
Deal... these ones here for £30

Me... so you charge £300 for a logo?!?
Deal.. No these are origional..

Me... i'll take the £30 ones please..
Deal.. But there not origional...

Me.. can you sleep at night knowing that some people might not have origional mats?!?!
Deal.. £30 please

Me... Nice one ;)

ex Clio 172 owner :(
I went into a showroom to trade in my VTS for a 172.

Outside someone pulled up in a BMW Z3 and reversed up to the window clearly showing the 2.0 badge. He asked me if I ever fancied one of those one day? lol.

I said, "what? A hairdresser's car like that? They're not even quick"
(0-60 approx 9.5 secs)

He said, "It'd murder a 172."

I said, "b****cks! I'd roast one in my VTS"

He said, "I don't think so"

Nice of him to patronise me and sing the praises of his stock.

And this was the same guy who tried to tell me the 182 with Cup packs have the same tyres as a 172.

Hmmm.

Recently I went into a different Renault asking for floor fasteners for my mats.
"Sorry sir, you have to buy the mats and fasteners together"

To which point I pull out a picture and part number somebody off here gave me.

M

M7CUO_V6

Is anyone actually happy with there dealers?

This is making me nervous about buying another (nearly new) Clio.:S

ExigeV6|Q5|DS3|Fiat
I think the funniest time I went into the dealer was when I had the 172cup, there were two good looking girls behind the parts desk and i was after a bumper plastic screw, and i said:

me "Hi, I'm after a screw"
her "ooohh i see"

Suffice to say they couldnt contain their laughter and began giggling away with me getting redder by the second :eek: lol

Paddy_g46

ClioSport Club Member
jonnyboy said:
I've had a couple of corkers from ranult Pontefract, apparently if you buy a french import they dont have any undersealing or weather protection (because the French climate is oh so different to ours!)

Best one was being told by their odious little pikey recetionist that "renault do not make a 2.0 turbo petrol megane, it MUST be a turbo DEISEL" erm ok chuck I must be mistaken, the old oil burners running pretty well to say I've been putting unleaded in it for the past 6 months!

pmsl

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
when I've had test drives at Bristol Street on Marshbarton in Exeter I've always had the same guy deal with me and he's been really good. Knows his stuff and used to have a mk1, the other guys there do seem muppets though.

Honda S2000
When I first went to test drive a 172 the dealer said he didn't think it was appropriate for a girl to buy a 2ltr! One sure way to loose a sale.