ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Future insurance question

Ph 1 172
So as most people are finding out(myself included) Car insurance has gone up quite a lot this year to say the least. My question is do you think it will carry on getting more each year that passes now or do you expect this year just to be a blip and then it will start going down again with each year NCB you earn/receive. (I just got my 5th year NCB and it's gone up £120 pissed off but want my 172 so I'll carry on paying until insurance a year is equal to or more than my phase 1)

Also what is the cause of the insurance increase this year surely it's not all down to do with whiplash claims and a bit of snow causing more accidents.

Suzuki Jimny
It will continue to go up because of the 'oh my neck hurts slightly I need £2000 to make me feel better' scumbags.

Listerine & Poledo
yep, it'll only ever get worse.

spuriousclaimlawyersdirect.com is one reason

every time you see a thread of someone being a hero, keep an eye out for the follow-up storry of going nose-first into a wall, then you have another reason why you're paying silly insurance on a french hatchback.

MR2 Mk1.5
Until the government steps in and pulls up the whole industry (from insurance approved bodyshops to no win no fee solicitors) , prices are only going to rise.

It annoys the hell out of me too, my insurance is up for renewal on my run about and it's up by £100 over last year. I'm sure your hearts are bleeding.

Ollie
Sky Insurance

Ph 1 172
Well looks like the 172 will turn into a track **** within the next 3 years then and I'll buy a moped instead lol

Just seems madness insurance now almost as if companies can make up the rules as they go along. Surely if one company offered extremely cheap car insurance for everyone the level of money they would bring in would out weigh the amount of claims to pay out for as a result of 99% of people switching to them because they are 50% cheaper than everywhere else. Or is that crazy talk.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
My insurance has gone down every year TBF. It's less than £450 now (25 4 years NCB)

Surely if one company offered extremely cheap car insurance for everyone the level of money they would bring in would out weigh the amount of claims to pay out for as a result of 99% of people switching to them because they are 50% cheaper than everywhere else. Or is that crazy talk.

lol at that logic, not gonna even justify it with an explanation.

Listerine & Poledo
Maybe if people could resist being heros and promptly rolling through fields, or could acually park without using other cars as spotters, then we could get some relief.

Don't see it though.