ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gaming headphones

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Nice, you'll have to let us know how you set them up and how they sound. Are you using them through the TV's optical port or using an adapter?

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Nice, you'll have to let us know how you set them up and how they sound. Are you using them through the TV's optical port or using an adapter?
Connect base station to pc and that’s it I think

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
I’ve gotten my Steelseries Arctis 5 they are comfy like and just been playing about on YouTube with the sound. Once I get the console I’ll have a better idea. I’ve got until end of January to return them.
I’ve had another look on the Astro A50’s and noticed that you can connect the base station to the PS5 via Micro USB to USB and everything works. Do you get a cable say you want it wired / charged from the headset to the base station?
@Moonshot @celicaturbolly

celicaturbolly

ClioSport Club Member
  Kona , Old Defender
Not in the box but as you say its usb / micro usb, so if you have one of correct length kicking about..

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Didn't want to make a new post up.

I've got an issue on my current headset the Steelseries 5 Arctis 5 USB for the PS5. What's been happening is when i chat with someone after a short while the other person in chat can't hear me but i can hear them. I unplug the USB from the PS5 and plug it back in and they can hear me again, then again short while after it happens again. I've tried the 2 ports at the back and the one in the front and it's the same.

I've contacted Amazon where i got them from and they said unplug everything and try again and plug it in the front which i did. She said may be a fault with the PS5 usb port. I got them back in November 2020. She's ringing me back in a weeks time for a progress update, as i didn't have much time to test out the chat today and past few days.

Is it 2 year warrenty with them? Anyone have any suggestions on why it's doing this?

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3
Recommendations on wireless headsets for PS5?

Almost too much choice on amazon

R5gtt, 182, volvo...
I got wired Astro a40s with the mix amp, wore out the plug on the mic flicking It up and down, so got another pair of phones in 2018. The cups still work so will end up with triggers broom headphones.

someone I know had the Astro a50s which are the same and they were decent.. I just hate changing batteries and charging.

mine have done ok so wireless should be decent enough…

£250 though 😳

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
I got a paid of these and they are decent. Much better than the wired ones I was using, battery seems to last forever too.

SteelSeries Arctis 1 Wireless - Wireless Gaming Headset - USB-C - Detachable Clearcast Microphone - for PC, PS5, PS4, Nintendo Switch, Android, Black https://amzn.eu/bzJnyRh

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
I’ve got some of the original Arctis 7 I’m using on PC that I got back in 2017 and they are still going well.

Well, the ear cushions finally failed this week but easy to replace and the new ones are even comfier than the originals.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
I've had the Arctis 9X wireless (Xbox specific ones) for a couple of years now, they are very comfortable and sound great, I've also got some wired Arctis 3's for the other (now kids) console

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
Whilst not PS5, but PC, I’ve got two pairs;

- Steel series Arctis 7. Great bit of kit, and the sound quality is immense, but connection issues (including drop off in game) and the battery life is much worse than..

- Corsair Void RGB elite premium. Cheaper but way more reliable. Sound quality isn’t as good as arctis (still very good), but works everytime and the battery has a longer life.

R5gtt, 182, volvo...
While waiting for an adaptor for my astros to work with the ps5, I was plugging my beats solo3’s into the controller.

the sound was pukka and I don’t mind a wire. The only reason I couldn’t stick with them was because they’re on ear and start to nag.

there gotta be plenty of “none gaming” headphones out there that work.

put gaming on the box and it doubles the price. Add rgb and it’s triple.

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
@dangerous dave is right about prices when they add gaming/RGB to headsets.

I used to have the Corsair ones and the best thing to do with the RGB was turn it off to save the battery.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Using my old sennheisers this week (360 special edition iirc) and the audio quality and detail is far superior to my Astro A50s.

In the past 2/3 years I’ve had

Turtle Beach Stealth 700s
Corsair void pros
Sennheiser 360 special edition
Astro A50 (latest gen)

Sennheiser is the best of the bunch. They were £160 a few years ago, so significantly cheaper than those listed also, especially the Astros.

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
Felt sorry for this thread not getting any love for over a year.

I’ve been using the Logitech G Pro X headset for a few years now and have just replaced the little DAC that comes with it with the EPOS GSX 1000 2nd Edition.

It’s definitely a massive improvement over the Logitech effort - which was expected.

I will have a look into some Sennheiser headphones at some point in the future to compliment it, but for now I’m a happy camper.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
I will likely upgrade my headset this year and I'll be going Sennheiser. I do hope they've got some good wireless ones though.

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
I was looking at wireless headsets but most of them have a really poor frequency range.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
I was looking at wireless headsets but most of them have a really poor frequency range.
I know full well I will end up walking away from my desk and rip the headset out from its base station, after years of having wireless!

hopgop1

ClioSport Club Member
Sennheiser quality seems to have dropped off on their gaming headsets in recent years IMO, when I eventually change my Arctis pro wireless headphones I'll be looking at these:

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Sennheiser quality seems to have dropped off on their gaming headsets in recent years IMO, when I eventually change my Arctis pro wireless headphones I'll be looking at these:
Just popped onto their site, £4K for headphones. be interested to see what these are like. Me I prefer wired, be nice if they do them down the line

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member

Mine took quite a bashing until they broke. I guess you could say the plastic makes it feel cheap but they are very robust and the plastic is almost flexible.

I went from Sennheiser game one to the EPOS Pc38x which are essentially an upgraded version. Personally really rate them can be worn for long periods without being uncomfortable and nice and light. Sound quality is incredible too.

hopgop1

ClioSport Club Member
Just popped onto their site, £4K for headphones. be interested to see what these are like. Me I prefer wired, be nice if they do them down the line
Yeah they make proper headphones, the headset I linked uses planar magnetic drivers, so should sound really good, will add to the weight of the headset though. Not used them personally, think they're still preorder, but a few reviews about. Definitely one to consider before anyone spunks £400 on some Sennheiser's anyway.

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
The Sennheisers linked can be had for less than half that price tbf. But I don’t want to get a gaming headset, I’ll get a decent set of headphones and add a modmic.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
After this thread the other day I looked at some headsets and it turns out EPOS essetially Sennheiser gaming afaik are going to stop making headsets. Considering how good I think these are and how when you compare there price vs performance it's a real shame imo.

On the back of that I went and bought another set while they're somewhat available. I went with their H6 Pro closed but coming from open back I just can't get used to not hearing background noise and my own voice even when I choose to feedback from mic just didn't feel right so I've returned to order a set of open back H6 Pro.

H6 Pro is currently on offer on Amazon so well worth a buy now imo especially seen as I really rate them and they probably won't be available for much longer. Hopefully it's not the complete end for Sennheiser in gaming headsets.

Last edited:

G. Brzęczyszczykiewicz

CSF Harvester
ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
I use a pair of Fidelio X2 with a V-MODA BoomPro mic. Other than being a console user, I can't think of any reason why someone would choose a gaming headset over a pair of decent headphones and a microphone.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
I use a pair of Fidelio X2 with a V-MODA BoomPro mic. Other than being a console user, I can't think of any reason why someone would choose a gaming headset over a pair of decent headphones and a microphone.

I like the ability to just flip the mic up or down tbh. I had a headset with a detachable mic before and its just less convenient. The Sennheisers are rated pretty highly by audiophiles anyway especially for gaming which is all I use it for.

G. Brzęczyszczykiewicz

CSF Harvester
ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Can't fault 'em other than the amount of dust that sticks to the cups.
It's horrendous isn't it 🤣 I bought one of those sticky roller things which worked quite well. Lint roller Vs 6 years of dust 🤣
1000024505.jpg

I like the ability to just flip the mic up or down tbh. I had a headset with a detachable mic before and its just less convenient.
The V-Moda mic is ridiculously flexible so I just flip that up while I'm not using it too. I've no doubt the Sennheiser's sound decent though, definitely better than the usual Logitech/Turtle Beach stuff people buy

Jonnio

ClioSport Club Member
  Punto HGT Abarth
It's horrendous isn't it 🤣 I bought one of those sticky roller things which worked quite well. Lint roller Vs 6 years of dust 🤣View attachment 1675810

The V-Moda mic is ridiculously flexible so I just flip that up while I'm not using it too. I've no doubt the Sennheiser's sound decent though, definitely better than the usual Logitech/Turtle Beach stuff people buy

Good shout. Beats my method.

IMG_20240112_115802.jpg