ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

gaming

The only games I play on my iMac are -

Starcraft1/2
World of Warcraft
Warcraft 3
Football Manager 2011
Counterstrike

Runs them fine no problems

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Can you play Counterstrike Source as a stand-alone game? Or is it an add on?

I saw that on Steam and was tempted.

Monaro VXR
Can you play Counterstrike Source as a stand-alone game? Or is it an add on?

I saw that on Steam and was tempted.

Stand alone, the valve complete pack is the way to go though. £14 for CSS or get all the Valve games for £50. Well worth it for HL1 and 2, team fortress 2, Left 4 dead etc etc.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
You sure? I saw the complete pack in the Mac section of Steam.

Downloading CS: Source now, anyway.

EDIT: That was the HL pack, not the Valve pack.

No. Not sure. But I did try and download HL for my Mac, and it said it wasn't available for my platform. Perhaps because I've only ever purchased the Windows game? HL2 plays fine.

I was using my games list rather than the store, so perhaps there are Mac specific versions of some of them, that I would have to purchase again.

If there's a pack with all of them in I'll be downloading it when I pick up my mac even though I've completed the lot. <3 Valve

My bad. Half-Life is available for me to download in OSX. Half-Life Source isn't. Neither is Blueshift. Opposing Force is available, and is a f**king awesome game.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
F*ck it. Just bought the bundle.

Going to have a crack at CS first. Not played that since about 1999.

MK4 Anni & MK5 Edt30
F*ck it. Just bought the bundle.

Going to have a crack at CS first. Not played that since about 1999.

1.6? Be prepared to have your arse handed to you! If you haven't played since 1999, most people on 1.6 will have over 10 years of experience. I suggest you stick with source as it's more for the noobs ;)