ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gaz.'s Honda Accord Type R (VTEC Kicked in etc)

Fiesta ST Stage 3
Pirates Black good old times :)

P1010297.jpg

P1010301.jpg

P1010296.jpg

P1010299.jpg

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?488751-ATR

Edition 30
Loving the avatar already. Did I miss the bit where you mentioned future plans or aren't there any?

Loving the avatar already. Did I miss the bit where you mentioned future plans or aren't there any?

There weren't really any. That was until yesterday when I bought these wheels (Evo X FQ360 Enkeis)...

mitsubishi__lancer_evolution_x_fq-360__2010__007_530.jpg

So obviously I now NEED coilovers or I can't fit them.

K/PRO / K100 :)

I was looking at the Hondata earlier, at $600 though I'm not bothering. I'm trying to avoid N/A Tuning, it's s**t. I remember plowing about £1500 into the ZR and making a massive 17 bhp. I made that for about £50 on the Nissan!

Fiesta ST Stage 3
My thoughts to untill i did some reading on it .

+ 35 BHP and 35 LB/FT in the mid range is what people rave about

euro.png

I was looking at the Hondata earlier, at $600 though I'm not bothering. I'm trying to avoid N/A Tuning, it's s**t. I remember plowing about £1500 into the ZR and making a massive 17 bhp. I made that for about £50 on the Nissan![/QUOTE]

Must admit, being able to control the VTEC crossover point is a bonus. Could do with it kicking in before the overtake, not half way through an overtake. Been weird dropping cogs for overtakes again lol.

Fiesta ST Stage 3
Can be set lower depending on mods ect .

One lad has his at 4100 RPM i think .

It takes out the dip in the graph as well

Must admit, being able to control the VTEC crossover point is a bonus. Could do with it kicking in before the overtake, not half way through an overtake. Been weird dropping cogs for overtakes again lol.

Fiesta ST Stage 3
O and proper driving not this lazey torque cr*p :)

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Does it feel quick enough though Gaz? I've been eyeing them up on PH since you bought yours, lol.

Lazy torque driving is far better day to day though. None of this pull out, not much speed gaining, VTEC BWWWAAAAAARRRRRP, gear change. I could leave all the powerband s**t to when I wanted a proper hoon, with flames and pops and bangs etc ;)

LOL at 4100 rpm, would like to see the graph for that!

Luke, it feels as quick as a 182. So that's down to you. Obviously to me it feels a bit pedestrian after 2 sub 300bhp Turbo cars.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Just got a quick feeler insurance wise - it's cheaper than my valver by £100. Hmmm, may be tempted after winter.

Can't believe how cheap they are to buy now. There's a red one with FHSH on PH for £1750 currently.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
As for tunning they are quite restricted and more often than not release good bhp with the right mods.

CBR1K, F21 125D
There has been a few STANDARD cars making over 190 whp I'm sure one or two made 200+ so who knows, all dyno b****cks to me.

They vary, but unlike French cars, always make book or more, flywheel.

if its a cheap car to enjoy, just make it look nice :)

Fiesta ST Stage 3
Sorry was 4500 RPM .

yes the vtec point is lowered to suit your mods, the rev limiter is also higher, here's a copy of my dyno run so you can see where it kicks in etc
scan0001.jpg

Lazy torque driving is far better day to day though. None of this pull out, not much speed gaining, VTEC BWWWAAAAAARRRRRP, gear change. I could leave all the powerband s**t to when I wanted a proper hoon, with flames and pops and bangs etc ;)

LOL at 4100 rpm, would like to see the graph for that!

Luke, it feels as quick as a 182. So that's down to you. Obviously to me it feels a bit pedestrian after 2 sub 300bhp Turbo cars.

Listerine & Poledo
pft, turbos are fag.

Crank-driven compression or just straight-up revs, every day.

found an S2k with ITB.. sounds tasty

Last edited by a moderator:
  Listerine & Poledo
No Pfts then either? Get enough of that from disgruntled women ;)

You've gone VTEC my man, it's all about revs now. Well, cubes, pots and turns anyway.

Listerine & Poledo
Ah but rotary revs don't really count as each one is approximately 87% more awesome than a piston stroke.

unfair comparison is unfair :)